That new "Wings of Hope" Raffle plane looks clean...

I have set up an alarm on my calendar to get my tickets before they sell out. Last year they were all gone in hours!

They are about 10 kts slower than my Slowierra. And, you don't need to worry about climbing in and out through the roof, or wasting gas money on expensive FAA/PMA pool noodles. Just slide your butt on and offn the wing and slide right in. So can the other guy on the other wing. I can see from here it needs doughnuts. That new paint will let it get about 10 kts better than book. Plus, with the new engine, maybe a few hundred+ more FPM, too. I'll buy a ticket.

Srrsly, the thing should peg out at 115kts. Fuel flow, take what you can get with an 0-360?

Well, I have a whopping .8 hours in one. 13 years ago. So, now having established my expert status, as I recall we planned for 110 kias and around 8.5 gph. They are comfortable inside.

Unfortunately after my checkout flight, somebody in the club landed downwind at Massey Ranch for cheap fuel and ran off the end of the runway totaling the aircraft. On the plus side, they spent $0 on fuel.

I'm going to order donuts for my Sport this week. Not looking forward to changing them.

How many donuts does a baby Beech have? I just did the donuts on the Mooney - There are 11 of them, and they're about $120 each. Luckily, they lasted 20 years so it's not too big of a deal.

To bad the winner can't have his pick or say in which components for the avionics upgrade...

I'd prefer a PSE audio panel and a GTN or IFD for the Nav/Com.

How many donuts does a baby Beech have? I just did the donuts on the Mooney - There are 11 of them, and they're about $120 each. Luckily, they lasted 20 years so it's not too big of a deal.
8 per gear= $740, or $2220 total for the mains and nose gear..

Do i get to do a prebuy and get my $75 back if i find something i dont like?

The ad isn't specific as to what airplane is being raffled. The ad says they'll raffle "an airplane each year", and when one scrolls down there are a LOT of airplanes on that same web page. ???
Scroll further. It’s the Sundowner.

Hmmm... Start a GoFundMe campaign to raise $266,600 for the Raffle Tickets and that baby is all mine!!!!

(4000 tickets / 3) * $195.00

But with my track record on raffles, the one ticket I don't purchase becomes the winner. [/snark]

Hmmm... Start a GoFundMe campaign to raise $266,600 for the Raffle Tickets and that baby is all mine!!!!

(4000 tickets / 3) * $195.00

But with my track record on raffles, the one ticket I don't purchase becomes the winner. [/snark]

You must work in government with economic plans like that! Tax everyone $266K to buy a $60K airplane!

The ad isn't specific as to what airplane is being raffled. The ad says they'll raffle "an airplane each year", and when one scrolls down there are a LOT of airplanes on that same web page. ???

Actually the Sunsdowner is at the top of the page. The rest of the links show the airplanes they previously raffled, with the year they were raffled.

They sell 2500 tickets at $50 each and will draw in December regardless of how many tickets are sold. So if you have a ticket, it's in your best interest to not tell anyone else about ;D Kidding, it's for an air museum. I wonder what the procedure is to fly in?

They are drawing for it in Dec, 2019, so you'd better be ready to get down there and get the airplane because there's no ADSB on it. On Jan 1, you will need to play "Mother May I" to fly out.

Last edited:
I am impressed. I am sitting here tryna remember what I ate for lunch on Thursday...:D:D:D:D:D

Well, I have a whopping .8 hours in one. 13 years ago. So, now having established my expert status, as I recall we planned for 110 kias and around 8.5 gph. They are comfortable inside.

Unfortunately after my checkout flight, somebody in the club landed downwind at Massey Ranch for cheap fuel and ran off the end of the runway totaling the aircraft. On the plus side, they spent $0 on fuel.

They are drawing for it in Dec, 2019, so you'd better be ready to get down there and get the airplane because there's no ADSB on it. On Jan 1, you will need to play "Mother May I" to fly out.
Are you sure about the Dec timeline? The rules say the prize must be claimed by August 1, 2019.

Are you sure about the Dec timeline? The rules say the prize must be claimed by August 1, 2019.

Fairly sure, yes.

http://www.1940airterminal.org/TheHangar/RafflePlane/N6545R/

NOTE: As of this year, we are changing the month that we give away the airplane. It will be in DECEMBER, not JULY!

Tickets will continue to be on sale until FRIDAY DECEMBER 20, 2019, AT NOON CDT, or until we sell out of all tickets, whichever comes first. If we sell out, we will give the airplane away at the next Wings & Wheels following the sell-out, otherwise, we will give it away on Saturday December 21, 2019, no matter how many tickets are sold.

Sorry just saw this and had to join up. I am the 1940 Air Terminal Museum Pilot for 45R, the raffle plane.

I can tell you that this is a great 1974 Sundowner that is in very good condition inside and out. No cracked plastic bits. The instruments work. Radios work as well. The rigging is true and she cruses at 110 Kts and about 10 GPH.

We are looking at putting ADS B Out on the plane before we do the raffle, so that you can fly this plane away in Dec.

Get your tickets while we have them, they are selling fast. Also feel free to ask any questions.

4,000 tix in under 3 hours. That with raising the ticket prices and increasing the sale of tix from 3k to 4k. I only bought 1 ticket this time around rather than my usual three but it would seem demand is still pretty high.

Because it's a Beechcraft, does the winner get a pass to act superior to Cessna and Piper owners?

Alright I got 3 tickets for sale.

The first $600 takes em.

I was wondering since the upgraded avionics were not installed yet could you use the money they were going to spend on that and get something else...like all glass?

I was wondering since the upgraded avionics were not installed yet could you use the money they were going to spend on that and get something else...like all glass?

I'm willing to bet the avionics are already a done deal.

You know, I just couldn't get excited about this one and forgot about it until this thread. Not a bad aircraft by any means, especially if procured for the price of a few tickets in the name of a good cause. It just never stuck in my mind as a "would love to have it" Sundowner. Hopefully on the POA members snags it, though!

Back