That new "Wings of Hope" Raffle plane looks clean...

You know, I just couldn't get excited about this one and forgot about it until this thread. Not a bad aircraft by any means, especially if procured for the price of a few tickets in the name of a good cause. It just never stuck in my mind as a "would love to have it" Sundowner. Hopefully on the POA members snags it, though!

I'd trade my Grumman for a bird of the same speed, more useful load, and better avionics. Low wing with two doors. I'd be a happy camper.

I'd trade my Grumman for a bird of the same speed, more useful load, and better avionics. Low wing with two doors. I'd be a happy camper.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, the Beech is a good bird, I just couldn’t get excited enough about it to put the raffle on my reminders. I keep hoping they can get a nice PA24 or similar and I’ll be all over it!

I putt around about 110 kts. I imagine the sundowner is probably about the same.
Could be. For some reason I was thinking the sundowner was closer to 100-105 and the grumman was closer to 115 but I've got no experience with the sundowners and very little with the small engine grummans. Making 110 true isn't bad for local hops but headwind sure will take the fight right out of it if you're trying to get somewhere.

You know, I just couldn't get excited about this one and forgot about it until this thread. Not a bad aircraft by any means, especially if procured for the price of a few tickets in the name of a good cause. It just never stuck in my mind as a "would love to have it" Sundowner. Hopefully on the POA members snags it, though!
I plan to be that POA member.

Back