That Guy...

Not in Colorado! Or at least in my experience ... it's BAIT for "close the gap! He wants to move over!"

LOL. So true.

Also entertaining to see what happens when driving different vehicles.

If I'm in the Subaru, it's a guarantee everyone will close the gap and not let me in.

If the Yukon, its 80/20 in favor of folks letting you come on over.

If I'm in the dually, they'll back off a half a mile if I signal that I'm coming over.

LOL. Size matters apparently.

Funny thing is, with the giant tow mirrors (extended or flipped down, doesn't matter), plus easily being able to use the rear view also through the big back window, my visibility for lane changes is a million times better in the big truck than in the Subaru.

Crappy little mirrors on the crapbox car.

Either way, two flashes and I'm coming over. I already looked to see if there was room and whether you were accelerating. Be stupid enough to speed up and rear-end me, I know who's getting the ticket and the cars are old. So I don't care.

Speaking of that. The older the vehicle the better, too. No dents in mine, but I always let the ones with the entire left side smashed in and they've been driving it looking like that for long enough you can see that, come on over. They obviously have hit someone before and don't GAF.

But the Yukon looks too nice. I suspect if it looked beat up, the 80/20 would switch to 100%. The Subaru doesn't look great but it looks good enough for 17 years old that it doesn't get any old car love.

Yep, Nate has discovered one of the jobs of driving a hooptie. In my old Accord with a few small dents and peeling paint, most people would let me over. It helped that the car was pretty fast. Now, in my not-as-old Ranger, they've gone back to pretty much not caring.

I call it visual belligerence factor. The best you can do is a beat up pickup with a dicey load. People will give you room.

Now if you have to force someone to give you room aim for the new car with temp tags...

I call it visual belligerence factor. The best you can do is a beat up pickup with a dicey load. People will give you room.

Now if you have to force someone to give you room aim for the new car with temp tags...

ROFL.

I do have one that trumped even the pickup with the dicey load...

The guy who had a rented box truck with O2 cylinders that only had one poorly tightened strap around a whole bunch of them, and accidentally left the back door open on the Interstate.

I have a photo somewhere. LOL. I had the phone in the RAM mount and the angle was just right to flip it to photo mode and get a photo of the truck in the lane to my right by just pressing the shutter button. (I really want dashcams for all the vehicles. Just haven't settled on which model and bit the bullet to buy four of them and do a mass install...).

Nobody would get behind him and stay there, and everybody let him over or wherever he wanted to be as the O2 tanks rocked back and forth in the strap. Hahaha.

He probably thought it was the easiest rush hour highway drive he'd ever done in a box truck. LOL.

That guy on your tail who, when you brake for a yellow light that's on the verge of turning red, jinks out from behind you to blow through the red light.

Or, when you "push" a yellow light a little, the four guys who come through the intersection after you!

Been driving a bit in Temecula/Murrieta have you?

Back