TFR's over schools?

That would be impossible to manage. Not that some do gooder wouldn't try. :(

So FBI does it and it's nothing. A pilot circles and it's a national incident?

NOTAM has been in place for years.
FDC 6/8818 "AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE OR IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE"

If you drill down on TSA critical infrastructure, you find "The Education Facilities Subsector covers pre-kindergarten through 12th grade schools, institutions of higher education, and business and trade schools. "

Of course, the TSA critical infrastructure also includes airports - so if you were planning on doing a few loops around the pattern...

FDC 6/8818 "AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE OR IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE"

If you drill down on TSA critical infrastructure, you find "The Education Facilities Subsector covers pre-kindergarten through 12th grade schools, institutions of higher education, and business and trade schools. "

Of course, the TSA critical infrastructure also includes airports - so if you were planning on doing a few loops around the pattern...
Missed portion just before that quote "...Strongly advised to avoid..."

One of the driving forces of any kind of terrorism is that even ordinary activities are seen as a threat and people react in a panicked way as a result. We are seeing that played out now.

I would hope that common sense would prevail.

I would hope that common sense would prevail.
Think of the children! They are truly our greatest national asset and must be protected at all costs. Henceforth all school roofs shall be painted with pink and blue stripes so that pilots can readily identify them and avoid any airspace (at all altitudes) within thirty miles. Of course scheduled airliners and government operated aircraft are exempt.

Think of the children! They are truly our greatest national asset and must be protected at all costs. Henceforth all school roofs shall be painted with pink and blue stripes so that pilots can readily identify them and avoid any airspace (at all altitudes) within thirty miles....
Yup. Flying a small airplane over a school is EXACTLY LIKE sneaking into it and shooting the children with an assault weapon! ;)

Yup. Flying a small airplane over a school is EXACTLY LIKE sneaking into it and shooting the children with an assault weapon! ;)
It’s worse! The daily trauma of seeing those little planes in the air sounding like angry lawnmowers is too much for a young mind. No wonder they all stay indoors and play Xbox!

I still remember when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, they had a helicopter land at my elementary school's field so the kids could check it out. Can only imaging the neighborhood panic that would cause these days.

When I was a kid in school, I did the same thing as I do know when I hear a plane. I look up and think "cool". I doubt if many if any of the kids were freaked out. Probably just some dingbat teacher who wears tin foil hats and blogs about chemtrails and government conspiracies.

Little stat.

Sooooo, mass shootings (not just school shootings) since 1950 average 19 deaths per year.

However 22 people per year are killed.....by cows.

#CommonSenseCowControl

Nobody who’s done that (yet) has snuck in.

The latest one said in an FBI interview that he wanted to “be a professional school shooter” when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up.

And the armed officer was warned the second he exited the vehicle with a duffle bag headed for the building.

No sneaking at all. Just incompetent idiots who pretended they didn’t know he was coming.

Once they put a system in place where my GPS (or at least ForeFlight) shows these oh-so-critical infrastructures, they can start enforcing it. Because otherwise, howTF am I supposed to know what a building contains down below? From the air, they all look alike. (yes, I am a building racist)

LOL
Let's call it in if we see an airplane in the pattern. I am curious if the FBI (or some dumbazz TSA monkey) would enforce it.

Btw:
Give an artist a pen and paper and he will draw a picture.
Give an engineer a pen and paper and he will invent something.
Give a moron a pen and paper ... and he will create a useless regulation.

All they need to do is put signs saying "Airplane Free Zone" at all the doors. That should take care of the problem.

I think we are reading too much into it. My guess is its unlikely but if ever happens will be low buzzing altitude only and if school happens to be near the airport then planes taking off / landing will be exempted

Back