Tell Me About Radio Controlled (RC) Airplanes

Be like me... build yourself a drone and fly out of your front yard!

Well now that's cool. Were you outside flying that or were you inside flying off the display? I thought of buying one of those Eagle Tree recordings but they're a bit pricy.

At lunch today we had one guy flying powered, and hauling a glider up and releasing it, to be controlled by a second person. You know, I can't fly an RC glider any better than I can an RC powered plane. :D I think I'll stick with full scale.

I started flying when i was about 11, built this glider and flew it for a few years before i ate a fence with it. May pick it up again.. This was down in Corpus Christi and with the club that flew out of the abandoned naval bases. When the wind was too nuts for me to handle we stopped flying and climbed the abandoned buildings for "good ol' fun" heh.

06PeEiL.jpg

took me half a school year to build.. then again, i had to get straight a's for the entire year, mow lots of yards, do lots of dishes and chores to pay for the thing hehe
1aVEDV8

Thanks man. Here's some more pics. I should say they're all custom paint jobs that I did so they don't come like that out of the box. The A-4 is built by Alfa Models. Hobby Lobby used to sell them, now I'm not sure if anyone carries them anymore. I had to cut the ECM hump off to convert to a Blue Angel.

Due to deployments I've been out of the hobby for a couple years but now my job allows me to get back into it. I've got about 5 planes at home still in boxes.

Those are fantastic. I would love to do a VFA-147 bird.

Back