TBM 930 Factory pick up

VWH3RD

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Vernon
Had the opportunity to pick up a new 930 and bring it back to the US.I was guided by a terrific ferry pilot Jacques Raissiguier.

Awesome 2 days! 56397697333__38681C98-E5CB-4B86-A582-7C3F1D24F943.JPG I have an incredible amount of respect for the men and women who take airplanes on these extended trips.

Attachments

• 5I4eowCDQXqUv3BRp3PxlQ.jpg
    5I4eowCDQXqUv3BRp3PxlQ.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 245
  • vIp0%k5OTGeCow2s2jJSmg.jpg
    vIp0%k5OTGeCow2s2jJSmg.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 225
  • BbFevIOyRaqUk%ISUizHFg.jpg
    BbFevIOyRaqUk%ISUizHFg.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 231
  • e+AQC5%2QpqPcSxZoiOr9A.jpg
    e+AQC5%2QpqPcSxZoiOr9A.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 225
Sounds like a fun trip!

Very cool! Your airplane?

I am certain Daher runs a superb operation with thorough prep. But the idea of the first long shakedown flight in a new single engine airplane, over the North Atlantic, would keep me upright and alert the whole time I expect!

I like the paint job on that. Beautiful bird, inside and out!

How utterly awesome. Not only a cool plane, cool paint, cool avionics but what an adventure!

P.S. Digging the pilot's door!

Thats the one I am buying when I am winning the lotto. Note when, not if.

Nice!!!

tumblr_onsymsUlbe1ri5e9fo1_500.gif

That must’ve been a fun flight.

Night, over North Atlantic...macho style points!
I tried not to think about it. Took off from Reykjavik at 8:30 and didn't see the sun until I was around Greenland.
flew that leg direct to Goosebay

Orange blue and grey make that about the ugliest TBM airplane I have ever seen.

What’s your deal? I rarely ever see a positive comment out of you. Not sure why you feel the need to be consistently negative and condescending. It hasn’t gotten you much respect around here.

I think him and KA550 have a conspiracy to troll PoA. If I recall correctly the guy is a CFI too...man he must be the best CFI with all that negativity built up inside. I can hear it now, “more right rudder you idiot!”. :D

I think him and KA550 have a conspiracy to troll PoA. If I recall correctly the guy is a CFI too...man he must be the best CFI with all that negativity built up inside. I can hear it now, “more right rudder you idiot!”. :D
I wouldn’t put up with it, but then again, it’s possible his online persona is much different than he is in person and for his students sake, I hope it is.

I wouldn’t put up with it, but then again, it’s possible his online persona is much different than he is in person and for his students sake, I hope it is.

I completely agree.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. People online can be a lot of things....

Looks like 266 KTAS on 44 GPH? Nice.

The Tarbes Mooney* is a really nice plane, and adding a G3000 to it makes it even better.

* For those who don't know, Mooney developed a SEP six-seater prototype that was to be the Mooney 301, and when they were owned by Socata the 301 concept was the starting point for the design of what became the TBM. Socata headquarters is in Tarbes, France, and TBM comes from what likely started as a nickname, the "TarBes Mooney."

Looks like 266 KTAS on 44 GPH? Nice.

The Tarbes Mooney* is a really nice plane, and adding a G3000 to it makes it even better.

* For those who don't know, Mooney developed a SEP six-seater prototype that was to be the Mooney 301, and when they were owned by Socata the 301 concept was the starting point for the design of what became the TBM. Socata headquarters is in Tarbes, France, and TBM comes from what likely started as a nickname, the "TarBes Mooney."
This is good info, I didn't know. Thank you! Much better than the troll and his most excellent contribution on style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

One of this board's best features is a super- effective ignore feature.
Which I honestly don’t like to use, because I want to see everyone’s contribution, but sometimes you’re just forced to.

Y'know, I'm an open cockpit low and slow kind of guy, not into fast "going places" machines, but those things are COOL.

That's a stunningly beautiful aircraft. I think the unusual colors and the graphic design compliment an already great looking airframe.

And the avionics...ohh, baby. :cool:

Like someone above posted, the TBM will be my first post-lottery winning purchase. ;)

Looks like an amazing trip. Love the TBMs. I watch Steveo1kinevos videos all the time and am jealous of people that get to fly them regularly.

Super jealous. I'd love to ride along on a trip like that.

Back