Talk me out of a Cadillac CTS-V ? ...

Thanks guys, but the Jag really is a piece of excrement. Oh the hours I've worked on that thing just because my wife wants to drive it because "it looks sexy!" to her.

The Fag, oh excuse me, the Jag has sentimental value because it was my late Sister's car, and it was the car I picked my wife up in on our first date. I gave her our first kiss in that car.

Been downhill ever since. :lol:;)

What I should do is take the 500c.i.d. motor out of an old Caddy I have in the barn out at Hereford and soup it up and put it in the Jag. Maybe a Paxton blower to fit under the hood?

Then drop a 572 Hemi crate motor in the R/T and pickle the 383.

I traded the little red 318i to my landlord for free hangar rent yesterday. Sweet! :)

Nice, I always liked the 71. My buddy has an original 70 440 R/T (yep, big torsion bar pads) he is hoping will be a large bonus to his retirement portfolio.

The big Caddy motor goes in the Jag, and an Allison goes in the Caddy.:lol:

Cars are fun when you build something cool.:yesnod:

If you want a nice place to be in all the time, buy an Audi.

I should start another thread "Talk me out of buying an Audi A6." About to pull the trigger on a 3.0T prestige (Can't talk the copilot into a TDI).

Nice, I always liked the 71. My buddy has an original 70 440 R/T (yep, big torsion bar pads) he is hoping will be a large bonus to his retirement portfolio.

The big Caddy motor goes in the Jag, and an Allison goes in the Caddy.:lol:

Cars are fun when you build something cool.:yesnod:

Sixty years of farming Dad and I accumulated a lot of stuff. Some of it you just put in the barn for I don't know why....

The Jeep blew it's guts out last trip and I'm thinking if a man could find an old slant six and fit it in there, it'd make a heck of a good vehicle.

The '66 Cadillac (black one) I measured it once and it's 22 feet long. And it has what we call a four body trunk. You could literally sleep in the trunk stretched out. It's the one that needs the Allison and horns on the hood. :D

The green 1975 Caddy is the one with the 500c.i.d. engine I believe. It ran last time I fired it up maybe five years ago. It's a Bro-ham!

I ain't gonna be haulin around no babies! Maybe hot babes! (hi hon, I didn't really mean that.) :redface:

I think a 1980 Ford F-150 is more your style.

Disclaimer: I'm from the midwest, I'm allowed to judge

Sixty years of farming Dad and I accumulated a lot of stuff. Some of it you just put in the barn for I don't know why....

The Jeep blew it's guts out last trip and I'm thinking if a man could find an old slant six and fit it in there, it'd make a heck of a good vehicle.

The '66 Cadillac (black one) I measured it once and it's 22 feet long. And it has what we call a four body trunk. You could literally sleep in the trunk stretched out. It's the one that needs the Allison and horns on the hood. :D

The green 1975 Caddy is the one with the 500c.i.d. engine I believe. It ran last time I fired it up maybe five years ago. It's a Bro-ham!

Ford truck 300 "Kiwi Six" for the Jeep. The 66 needs an Allison, or Merlin, or Griphon.;)

I should start another thread "Talk me out of buying an Audi A6." About to pull the trigger on a 3.0T prestige (Can't talk the copilot into a TDI).

Do the TDI! Turbodiesel cars are great.

Nice fleet. I have always loved the Wagoneers, and am a devoted Cadillac man.

If you ever decide you want to offload the '66, drop me a line!

Cars, like airplanes, are NOT an investment. That's the first mistake. Get something that's fun to putz around in that is comfortable in the 7/8th scale parking spaces everywhere.

Get a Mini Cooper S !!!!

Cars, like airplanes, are NOT an investment. That's the first mistake. Get something that's fun to putz around in that is comfortable in the 7/8th scale parking spaces everywhere.

Get a Mini Cooper S !!!!

You need a Phd, a pipe, and one of those flat golfing hats for one of those...? :rofl:

Get a Mini Cooper S !!!!

Or, who can resist...

15882328584_092c333eb4.jpg

At a car show in Sebring, FL a few weeks ago.

Can't tell from the photo, but it was a woody!

The Mini Woodie was a neat old runner. Have you priced 10" tires lately? They got retarded, I can buy 16" new cheaper.

The Mini Woodie was a neat old runner. Have you priced 10" tires lately? They got retarded, I can buy 16" new cheaper.

I recall something said about the Mini Cooper S:

"If God had meant for it to go 100mph, He would have given it bigger wheels!"

Oh, and it's not PC to call someone or something retarded! :no:

Get a Mini Cooper S !!!!
or alternatively, my "airport car" shown here. Multi-purpose, it's an airplane tug, pulls the fuel trailer, and is great to scamper up the bluff to look down the valley for signs of VFR weather prior to departure. You can also spend a pleasant evening shooting wallabies over any terrain without leaving your beer cooler behind.

Unless you live next door to someplace like road america, I can't get excited about fast cars anymore. I get the most enjoyment from a car i can use and not have to worry about damaging it.

Awhile back there was a thread where someone made a crack about what a king air owner drives. Well here ya go:

attachment.php

Attachments

• airport car sm.JPG
    airport car sm.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 77
You can also spend a pleasant evening shooting wallabies over any terrain without leaving your beer cooler behind.

Why would you shoot Wallabies and why would that be pleasant? Are they good to eat or something? :confused:

Why would you shoot Wallabies and why would that be pleasant? Are they good to eat or something? :confused:
yes, typically grind it up and make burgers. You have to cut it with some cheap greasy ground beef to bind it together, otherwise it's so lean it falls apart on the grill.

they're a nuisance, doing a lot of damage to both grazing land and the front of cars. But they're tasty. Everyone wins when you cull a few.

Yes, good meat, especially the tenderloins. Tail makes good stew and stir fry.

I remember when I was a kid, there was a big hubbub bout McDonalds using kangaroo meat, we're talking 70s. Not sure if any of that was true, but if it was, they could probably sell it on healthy meat marketing. It doesn't really get any leaner than roo.

yes, typically grind it up and make burgers. You have to cut it with some cheap greasy ground beef to bind it together, otherwise it's so lean it falls apart on the grill.

they're a nuisance, doing a lot of damage to both grazing land and the front of cars. But they're tasty. Everyone wins when you cull a few.

In Brisbane I saw a Ferrari with a bull bar.:rofl:

So many tasty animals.....

Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van?

Last edited:
Back