Talk me out of a Cadillac CTS-V ? ...

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
Please somebody drop kick my middle age crazy senses before I do something stupid!

Any CTS-V drivers here? :redface:

hennessey-v1000-cadillac-cts-v-coupe_100357388_l.jpg

Last edited:
Average age of a Cadillac owner is ........ Dead

Average age of a Cadillac owner is ........ Dead

Unless you're a pimp or over 70yrs old Caddys just don't make sense

Want something fast get a vette.

4 door and fast get a Subaru STI (way more fun)

Lexus IS is nice

The Audi is fugly compared to the Caddy. JMHO

And it's a four door.

I ain't gonna be haulin around no babies! Maybe hot babes! (hi hon, I didn't really mean that.) :redface:

lead2-2013-audi-s6-fd.jpg

Damn. I just realized the picture in the OP is a four door. Going back to correct ....

Unless you're a pimp or over 70yrs old Caddys just don't make sense

Want something fast get a vette.

4 door and fast get a Subaru STI (way more fun)

Lexus IS is nice

The new Stingray's look too much like an insect ... jmho :redface:

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-coupe-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

Big dollar, big motored street cars are stupid. Use half of it consistently and your drivers license is gone. Driving them slow is soul crushing and queer. Go buy a Pitts or a sailplane or racing go kart, something you can actually wring out.

Did you mean a new one? Meh -- I'd rather have the wagon. The coupe is ok I guess, but I want a 556HP, 4 second wagon.

Seems lime you are trying to talk yourself in to a caddie. Your money. Buy what you like.

Personally I would never by a Cadillac but then again I like cars that handle well taking a turn or two.

Yeah, go drive an Audi S6.
This.
As a proud owner of a 1998 A4 Quattro, nothing short of a sports car feels as good to drive as a Quattro... sticks to the road like hot bubblegum in the summertime and will turn on a dime and give you back 9 cents change :yes:

Big dollar, big motored street cars are stupid. Use half of it consistently and your drivers license is gone. Driving them slow is soul crushing and queer. Go buy a Pitts or a sailplane or racing go kart, something you can actually wring out.

I travel some roads where you NEVER see a cop.

And they're long, Long, LONG roads. :mad2:

You made me stum ble with the Pitts .... Stearman? God I love Stearman's. But OMG that's another plane. Two hangars, another annual, more more more.... :yikes:

Seems lime you are trying to talk yourself in to a caddie. Your money. Buy what you like.

Personally I would never by a Cadillac but then again I like cars that handle well taking a turn or two.

I'm trying to talk myself out of a Caddy.

Find me a coup with 560 supercharged horsepower for under $70K. :dunno:

The new Stingray's look too much like an insect ... jmho :redface:

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-coupe-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

I'm not a fan of the C7 ether, I like my C6, but in hindsight shoulda spent the money on a C2, hold their value and its real American sports car.

image.jpg

I loves me some Caddy. The CTS is a great car, the V is stunning. Tight as a drum, quiet, comfy, fast as stink.

That's a beautiful car. My '98 A4 is Laser Red as well. I'd love to have a S6 or better but for now my 2.8L V6 A4 will do. I got it 3 yrs ago with only 75K on the odo and have about $3.8K invested in it including purchase price and maintenance costs. About to spend another 1.2K to have the front suspension overhauled and upgraded to RS4 specs. Hope to drive it until at least 250K miles.

That's sweet, but it's eight years old and I'm not a pro basketball player ... :nonod:

With the right color window tint they don't have to know you don't play BBall when you roll up. There are not a lot of cars I haven't driven and the Bentley is near the top with (b6 RS4, E60 M5 and 997 GT2)

My FIL has a CTS-V coupe. I only drove it a little...but it's a freakin' awesome beast.

His previous ride was an older (~2002) Saleen Mustang. He wanted something with more power...

The array of tech in the CTS-V is impressive.

If you're just looking for total street domination get a Ultima GTR, figure a way to import and register (there are ways..)

And dominate everything on the road.

That's cool, but I'm castrated.

I think the wifey would look at that and go WHAAAAT?

She's in an Escalade. She likes luxury and her fershizzle bling bling. :nonod:

I tried to think of ways to talk you out of it... But I can't.

Cadilac has come a long way in the past decade or so.

I like them.

Last edited:
A POAer sold her Z06 for CTS-V so I guess that means it's pretty good

Are any of them really any good? I've lost money on every car I ever had except this one below.

And it's noisy, cold and drafty, doesn't handle worth crap and is hard to stop. It's a very dangerous car in the wrong hands.

And it laugh's at you when you start it. It goes hehehehehehe vroom! :lol:

Last edited:
I have one and really like it. Have had it year and half. Had a audi I sold several months ago. Was great car also, but, I like caddy better. I average 19mpg and do at least 70% city driving. My wife loves it also. Haven't had any problems.

I have one and really like it. Have had it year and half. Had a audi I sold several months ago. Was great car also, but, I like caddy better. I average 19mpg and do at least 70% city driving. My wife loves it also. Haven't had any problems.

Thanks.

I'm glad to hear the wife likes it because mine's out of town right now and I wanted to surprise her with it.

She'll either kiss me or kill me. :lol:

Are they still making a 3 pedal version. I remember they actually had a commercial that said it came that way, I'm sure it was to try and attract real drivers. The only time I thought GM had a good idea was when they offered a 3 pedal Cadillac

Are they still making a 3 pedal version. I remember they actually had a commercial that said it came that way, I'm sure it was to try and attract real drivers. The only time I thought GM had a good idea was when they offered a 3 pedal Cadillac

They do, but I'm not that devoted.

The one here at the dealer is an automatic six speed with manual paddles. That's good 'nuff.

The Mrs. wouldn't like shifting. :redface:

They do, but I'm not that devoted.

The one here at the dealer is an automatic six speed with manual paddles. That's good 'nuff.

The Mrs. wouldn't like shifting. :redface:

Easier to subtract a wife than add a peddle......:yes: ...I'll I'm gonna say...

Bleh. All these cadillacs, lincolns, lexus, whatever, are all saying the same thing. Look at me, i'm just like an M5. If that's the kind of car you want then why not get the real thing?

The Audi is fugly compared to the Caddy. JMHO

And it's a four door.

I ain't gonna be haulin around no babies! Maybe hot babes! (hi hon, I didn't really mean that.) :redface:

lead2-2013-audi-s6-fd.jpg

He said drive, not look at. If you want a 2 door, go for an Audi R8

Won't talk you out of it, I like nice zippy cars. Enjoy!

That's a beautiful car. My '98 A4 is Laser Red as well. I'd love to have a S6 or better but for now my 2.8L V6 A4 will do. I got it 3 yrs ago with only 75K on the odo and have about $3.8K invested in it including purchase price and maintenance costs. About to spend another 1.2K to have the front suspension overhauled and upgraded to RS4 specs. Hope to drive it until at least 250K miles.

Why don't I ever find those deals? :confused:

I love Audi, the clean design and best-in-the-industry interiors, but I am about priced out.

O.k. CTS-V it is then.

Vroom Vroom! :rockon:

C Lucky U.

Back