Taking my written tomorrow...

Good luck,relax you'll do fine if you studied diligently.

No luck needed...sure you are well prepared!

Test tip that helped me out on both my PPL and IFR. You can jump around, skip and mark questions. Go through skip all the calculation questions and answer all the the all of the softball questions first, skip everything else. That helps build up confidence.

Then go back and do another round answering all the "harder" questions, then the calculation questions, marking the ones you are not 100% about.

After going through that process, when you go back to the "marked" questions your memory may be jogged to be more sure. I can tell you I read more than one question wrong and glad I went back and reviewed my marked questions...although assuming you understand the questions properly your first instinct is usually correct.

Good luck! I just started studying for IFR written and using King's also. Let me know how you do.

I also used King. I have mine scheduled Christmas eve, it just worked out that way. Then, I have blocked up the CFII for the week after Christmas.

Success to us all!

those faa test are as useless as they get. you are basically studying from the question bank and during examination you will recognize the mayority of questions and answers. i would focus more on actually learning and mastering the theory and the rest will come. it is easy to get i the mindset of drilling the material just to get a perfect score on the test, but not actually learn.

Good luck! I am (right) behind you. Diligence is the key!

Thanks for everyone's encouraging remarks (except for the one Scrooge in the group)--

I survived it without my head exploding and exited with an 87. It was damn hard, and I'm very pleased.

Now I have to post on the King site so they see that they did a good job of prepping me!

One piece down, 40 hours to go!

Allison

Congratulations

A lot of steps on the road to the PPL that each increase your momentum and drive to succeed. Passing the written is a big one.

That would explain your signature.

And in hindsight I recall reading the thread about acquiring the Sonex and you doing transition training somewhere too.

I should pay more attention to detail.

I hope to one day take my IR written as well. Currently I keep opening the book and deciding I don't need that rating. snoooooze :)

Currently I keep opening the book and deciding I don't need that rating. snoooooze :)

Clearly you haven't been outside much. Except for yesterday, the rating would have been very useful.

Congrats ,never had a doubt,you seemed to be confident from the start,now get that flying done,your going to love flying IMC.

You all need a pat on the back for watching all those hours of Martha.... I did that route on my instrument in the early 90's and am amazed that all the hours of hearing her voice didn't cause me to take my own life. .

Congrats. Passing is passing... moving right along to the flying and the checkride...

Congratulations to both Flygirl and Reno. One step closer!

Congratulations! Now go and have fun with the flying part... it's challenging and can be frustrating but is well worth it.

Congrats! I took my CFI-A written today as well. I only got an 81:( but I'm glad its over

81 is not bad. If I pass period I'll be a happy joker. If I score 80 or better I'm going to start dancing. :happydance:

Back