taa aircraft and commercial pilot license

dwtd

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
dwtd
Hey,

Ive been arguing lately with my chief instructor at the school (who is also owner of the school) about part 141 commercial pilot license. I need 6 hours complex aircraft flight training and new regulation says candidate can fly either taa aircraft or complex aircraft to meet the requirements And this regulation will be effective on August 27,2018. So i have already more than 10 hours taa aircraft flight time under commercial pilot training + 4 hours complex aircraft time. He says i need to fly 6 hours after August 27 with taa aircraft to be eligible to take the practical test. That doesn't make any sense to me. Why i need to fly again those hours if i already have taa flight time under commercial flight training? I think he wants to get more money from me. Does any body have idea? Im part 141.

The fact that you're 141 is the kicker...that means there's an approved training program that you must comply with, and that may be where the date comes in.

As Maule said you have to comply with your Part 141 syllabus; if you have 250 hours (or nearly so) it might be more straightforward to switch to 61.

You have to follow the approved trading syllabus,when you go part 141.

Switch to part 61. I did that to out from under a burdensome syllabus. The school will likely let you switch to part 61 and still use their facilities. That practice is common here among 141 schools.

Back