Swapsie

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Is this board the place to post airplane parts for swap? I've got some plugs I'd like to swap for other plugs but don't want to get my breast in the blender for doing it.

Thanks,

Jim

I don't see why not. If others want to get their panties in a wrinkle arguing over the quality various manufacturers are known for, or some other BS, just tell them to take it somewhere else.

Swaps, I'd do in the classifies tho

Is this board the place to post airplane parts for swap? I've got some plugs I'd like to swap for other plugs but don't want to get my breast in the blender for doing it.

Thanks,

Jim

I would have thought the classified section would be a reasonable to place to do it.

otoh - we aren't allowed to make many comments on the stuff being offered in the classified section, right? That might make the swap concept a little more difficult.

otoh - we aren't allowed to make many comments on the stuff being offered in the classified section, right? That might make the swap concept a little more difficult.

Yeah, thats optional to a few folks who will remain nameless until they spew on mine again :mad:

Jim, you first need to submit a aircraft part swap request (APSWR) and fill out POA form 97(b)2. Use Blue Ink only and submit in triplicate to the nearest POA Field office. You must present the forms in person with a valid Photo ID, Certificate of good standing from any two Aviation Organizations one of which must be a type club. If they type club is for an LSA then in addition you must submit POA form 117(g). Do not staple form 117(g) to any other form. Form 97(b)2 must be attached to the APSWR form.

POA field offices are located in, Dallas, Philadelphia, Lincoln Nebraska, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami. Field office hours are Tuesdays 10:00 AM-3:00 PM and Thursday Noon - 3:00PM your APSWR and accompanying forms must be submitted between 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM.

Jim in all seriousness if its not for sale I would not think the rest of the MC would have a problem here but I think you would get a better resonse in classifieds.

Jim in all seriousness if its not for sale I would not think the rest of the MC would have a problem here but I think you would get a better resonse in classifieds.

Is crossposting considered a felony on these boards?

Besides, I can't even FIND a classified section.

Jim

Last edited:
Well, shucks, I'm just going to take my lumps and go for it. If I'm wrong, I suspect somebody will beat the living tar out of me.

I've got two sets (set=12) of RHM-40E plugs, the large barrel plug sometimes called a "high altitude" plug. One set is fresh cleaned, bomb tested, and sealed from Aircraft Spark Plug. THe other set is dirty and could use a good cleaning, gap, and all that.

I'd like to trade for a SINGLE set of REM-40E plugs (the small barrel). I'd LIKE them cleaned, gapped, and tested, but I'm willing to dicker.

Thanks,

Jim

Just take out an ad in the local pennysaver...someone will bite...

It comes up on the "forum jump" on every page as well.

Yes, if you know what you are looking for. Most boards I go to have a very well defined "owner's manual" that tells you such things. So far as I have been able to determine, this board does not.

Jim

Back