Super bowl snacks

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
What's your favorite Super bowl party snacks?

I'll be making a cream cheese spread with grama sweet chili and baby shrimp.
And some ritz crackers to spread it on.

7 layer dip

I also like some sweets to offset the salty snacks - something like peanut M&Ms. Mmmmmmm!

celery sticks and carrots.

Next to a huge plate of buffalo chicken wings.

Chili cheeseburger dip:

1 lb of Velveeta cheese
1 small can of Hormel chili no beans
1 lb of lean ground beef
Nacho chips of your choice

Melt the Velveeta cheese in a sauce pan. Add the can of Hormel chili to the sauce pan. Brown the ground beef and add to the sauce pan. cook on low heat and stir thoroughly until all of the cheese is melted. Simple but tastes amazing!

Yeah, they disappointed me. During the regular season I picked NE & GB to be in the Super Bowl. The Packers really stunk yesterday.
Nah, they didn't stink. There is a difference between stinking and being outplayed.

Yeah, they disappointed me. During the regular season I picked NE & GB to be in the Super Bowl. The Packers really stunk yesterday.

A lot of hurt players but it was embarrassing to watch. Falcons look like the real deal. NE is NE.

Oh no doubt that ATL played a great game but at the same time GB was obviously off the mark.

No running game. Hurts when Lacy and Starks are out. But Rogers just didn't have the magic he's shown the last couple of months.

Rodgers showed some fighting spirit at one point in the game

636207204586428717-USP-NFL-NFC-Championship-Green-Bay-Packers-at-Atl.jpg

or maybe he was just feeling butthurt by then.

Yeh, he was PO'd there and they called facemask on him on that play. Don't think I've ever seen a QB get called for that before. Definitely butthurt, but man he can throw a football. Gotta have a running game too though.

The Green Bay team I watched last night certainly didn't look like the one from a week ago. Certainly Atlanta had something to do with that, but it wasn't *all* Atlanta either. Lots of dropped passes, Rodgers looked like the version of himself from early in the season, and so on.

It'll be interesting to see if Atlanta's D can slow down New England. Their offense certainly looks good enough to beat the Patriots. Hopefully it'll be a good game!

Tater skins, loaded with cheese and bacon.

Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms.

And I have a recipe for some kind of meatballs that the low-carb neighbor likes.

But I will end up tearing into the Rotel cheese dip that I'm sure someone will bring.

If I took as many hits as Rodgers did, I would have been butt hurt too. And shoulder hurt. And back hurt. And head hurt. And probably dead.
But that doesn't excuse ripping another player's helmet off his head. And then the refs penalized that helmet challenged falcon to a dubious Pass interference call in the end zone a few minutes later.

Maybe if Rodgers didn't get hit so much, his passes wouldn't have been so bad. I loved the time he hit his receiver in the head with a line drive.

Chili cheeseburger dip:

1 lb of Velveeta cheese
1 small can of Hormel chili no beans
1 lb of lean ground beef
Nacho chips of your choice

Melt the Velveeta cheese in a sauce pan. Add the can of Hormel chili to the sauce pan. Brown the ground beef and add to the sauce pan. cook on low heat and stir thoroughly until all of the cheese is melted. Simple but tastes amazing!

We make something similar. Spread cream cheese on a baking pan, cover with the beanless canned chili, top with shredded cheddar, bake until the cheese has melted. Scoop chips work best with this.

Another football fave is plain ol' garlic dip. Take a block of cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, add garlic powder, and slowly add milk a little at a time mixing it in thoroughly, until you reach the desired consistency.

I'm partial to straight old Lipton Onion Soup-Sour Cream dip and some ridged chips.
I found a way to make this better 20yrs ago.
1 pack lipton onion soup mix
1 lb sour cream (light these days...)
1 pack (8oz) cream cheese

Blend well and try not to eat it in one sitting with giant bag if ruffles....ohhh the tummy aches.

We make something similar. Spread cream cheese on a baking pan, cover with the beanless canned chili, top with shredded cheddar, bake until the cheese has melted. Scoop chips work best with this.

Yeah, that's good stuff. Our neighbor brings that by. Top with a little bit of chopped green onions for flavor and presentation.

All my bowls are marked, small, medium or large. I don't have any super sized bowls......

All my bowls are marked, small, medium or large. I don't have any super sized bowls......

Not super sized bowls... The Super Bowl .... you know the big football game that they have every year that gets a bigger audience than either a Trump or Obama inauguration.... the game that you almost never see a bear in... the game that people tune in just to watch the commercials ... come on man!

... the game that people tune in just to watch the commercials ... come on man!

Yeah, they have me curious now w/ that Brett Favre teaser at the beginning of the Packer game yesterday. Brett my man!

Not super sized bowls... The Super Bowl .... you know the big football game that they have every year that gets a bigger audience than either a Trump or Obama inauguration.... the game that you almost never see a bear in... the game that people tune in just to watch the commercials ... come on man!
That must be from that sport that I can't stand. Like the commercials though.

Ohhhh... gotcha....that long sports commercial with the great show in the middle......:thumbsup::lol::lol:

I enjoy the pee wee league..... never know what will happen next.

Shrimp cocktails, lobstah, Clam Chowda w/ oyster crackers and some wicked spicy Bloody Marys! OP, what is grama sweet chili??

Shrimp cocktails, lobstah, Clam Chowda w/ oyster crackers and some wicked spicy Bloody Marys! OP, what is grama sweet chili??

Sounds good! Can I come over if I bring my own spoon?

I'm guessing the last item is supposed to be sweet chili like grandma used to make. But what do I know, I like lots of red pepper in my chili, it's supposed to be hot and not just from being on the stove.

Absolutely Hank, but no bloodies till I get a ride in the Mooney. And bring the hot chili!

Absolutely Hank, but no bloodies till I get a ride in the Mooney. And bring the hot chili!

Port Columbus was one of my first trips after getting signed off in the Mooney. Went back to visit friends and former neighbors in Gahanna. (If you can say Banana, you can say Gahanna!) Tower turned me downwind for 27 while still 6nm out . . . Quite a shock for a sub-100-hour pilot . . . Never did learn to appreciate Skyline's sweet chili, although serving chili over noodles works well.

Now, however, CMH is a bit more of a trip. From Huntington, WV, it was 40 minutes. Call it 3-1/2 hours from here, and it's icing season. I find I've developed severe allergies to snow, too. Worked closed down early last week, schools closed the day before, and the county declared around lunch that at 6pm all county roads and bridges were impassible. Why? There was a forecast for possible snow, possible ice, and temps falling to around 20°. :eek: When I went to bed, it was 34° and drizzling, roads were clear (but officially impassible, so don't be out driving!), just like they were when I woke up at 0630. Roads clear, deck clear, no more precip, 21° and everything was closed . . . Just the way I like it!! :D

Spinach dip in the crock pot w/ crackers. Always been a favorite and it's good during the holidays or at a SB party.

Back