Sunday Morning Breakfast Club

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
From a different thread:

Enjoy your videos, I fly a bonanza out of GYY, every sunday morning weather permitting a group of local chicago pilots fly to breakfast, we meet in the air at 8 am on 122.75, come join us sometime.

Thanks @avi8tor for telling me about the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club! I cleared my schedule the Sunday after you told me about it and did what you said.

For those in the Chicago area that are interested, this is their site:
https://sites.google.com/site/smbcflyers/Home

Unfortunately my co-pilot had to work that morning so I went solo. I took off around 8 a.m. and departed south off Aurora (ARR) and tuned in 122.75. I keyed up and asked "where we going". There were 7-8 planes en-route to Bloomington (BMI) to eat at CJ's. Someone keyed up and told me the destination and I punched it in and enjoyed some of the friendly banter on the way. (Think the glasair driver asked why I was only operating on one engine. Evidently those things are fast. :))

Whenever my plane gets out of annual...hopefully one more week, I plan to go again as regularly as I can. After hearing about @eman1200 's Carolina breakfast club I was glad to find out that there is something like that around here.

This video turned out kind of lame as my audio recording messed up on the way down and I wasn't able to use any of the fun finding out where/banter on the way. I planned on using that and cutting most of the return flight but since that was all I had, I posted it anyway. I know most people by now have seen synthetic vision on ForeFlight but since I just updated to it, I was able to show a little of that and toyed with how to put the iPad footage in video's. Otherwise, nothing special here.

Another great vid. Keep'em coming... I 'm going to check to see if there's anything like this in my area.

We have a breakfast club at DMW. Good bunch of guys, but they meet and are wheels up at 0 dark hundred. A little early for me.

So what’s this 122.75 secret frequency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great vid. Keep'em coming... I 'm going to check to see if there's anything like this in my area.
Thanks Mac! I looked around and couldn't find anything and then by luck avi8tor gave me the heads up. Good luck! It's always fun to have extra reasons to fly.

We have a breakfast club at DMW. Good bunch of guys, but they meet and are wheels up at 0 dark hundred. A little early for me.
0 dark hundred would be rough for me as well. I get enough of that at work. 8am seems to be the perfect time.

Go on... I'm based at FME. Any more details?

I'll see what I can find out for ya. Since I'd have to leave the house at 5:30, I politely declined the offer. I believe they suspend for the winter anyway. Pancakes'd have to be damn good for me to get up that early. Though the occasional dawn patrol is fun.

Why yes, yes it is.

Man, I'd love to come to that (did a Rusty Pilot seminar there a few years back) but I'd be flying in from KOPN (about 30 minutes south in a C172) but I have to drive about an hour to the airport first. That means I'd have to get up at 5am or a little later. 8am is too early for breakfast. :D

Man, I'd love to come to that (did a Rusty Pilot seminar there a few years back) but I'd be flying in from KOPN (about 30 minutes south in a C172) but I have to drive about an hour to the airport first. That means I'd have to get up at 5am or a little later. 8am is too early for breakfast. :D

We serve until nearly 10:00. :D

Opening the thread and shocked/excited to see a video by Radar Contact in 1BC, then realizing it's 5 years old...

:sigh:

That's the second former 310 owner to ghost POA. Seems to be a trend lol. Some more infamous than others of course. :D

There is a group that meets every Wednesday morning, 8:00 AM. in the diner at KPOU.

Breakfast flyins are way better than lunch here in Florida. Weather, ride is usually better in the mornings, especially during summer months. But I don’t know any.

Love flying for food but not sure we have a breakfast run very often around Dayton oh. we have few good places to go but haven't seen any monthly or weekly groups yet.

Back