Sun n' Fun 2013

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
Just cashed in some points for Air and Hotel for SNF 2013. Will be in FL for a meeting on Wed and then at SNF for Thur & Friday. Who's going?

We are there just about every single year, so you can count us in.
But for one reason or another I have never made up to Osh Kosh Airventure yet, so this next year I will make every effort to do so for the first time.

I've been down there every year but two or three in the 18 years I've held a license. The times I missed were weather or maintenance cancellations. I plan to be there.

I plan on it. Been once in 2006. Like Oshkosh only with a southern kind of charm.

Me! I went to Sun 'n Fun for the first time last year and had a lot of fun. Not having to tent camp and getting to fly the Lakeland VFR approach multiple times was even more fun. Going to do it all over again in 2013!

I have gone to all the airshows for several years and the best IMO is Sun N Fun at Lakeland and AOPA at Tampa or Palm Springs. I do not like Oshkosh at all....to expensive for hotels, not enough support from the community, little to do before or after the show (in the area).

I would Skip Oshkosh but not Sun N Fun. It is a blast plus you can take an extra day to do Epcot, Seaworld, go to Miami South Beach or fly to Key West.

I plan on going. If people are serious about meeting up they should swap cell phones so they can text mssgs back and forth to hook up. It is extremely difficult to meet people you do not know, do not know what they look like. So you sit around saying are you with this one or that one and feel like an idiot so you stop and don't hook up.

The other option is for each person to agree to get a specific (non aviation related hat) and then wear it the first day to identify each other. If everyone got a red Tractor Supply Cap or hooters or what have you. At least you narrow down the strangers you have to ask.

I usually meet a group of guys and we agree to stay at the same hotel so we see each other for breakfast or dinner the night before.

Last edited:
Im planning on going. Not sure yet if i will drive or fly the 172 down.

I have a house about ten minutes away and I'd be willing to have a cookout one evening and pool party.

Great idea and thanks for the offer! That would be fun!

Everyone, I am starting a sign up list and let's see if we can make this work. If two or more are attending, just sign up again with the name of the person. We can work out the logistics as the list grows and the date
becomes closer.

SCREEN NAME......NAME..........Dates attending.........other..............

CTarrow.............. Andy ...........Thursday & Friday ........Will Have car

Last edited:
I have gone to all the airshows for several years and the best IMO is Sun N Fun at Lakeland and AOPA at Tampa or Palm Springs. I do not like Oshkosh at all....to expensive for hotels, not enough support from the community, little to do before or after the show (in the area).

I would Skip Oshkosh but not Sun N Fun. It is a blast plus you can take an extra day to do Epcot, Seaworld, go to Miami South Beach or fly to Key West.

I plan on going. If people are serious about meeting up they should swap cell phones so they can text mssgs back and forth to hook up. It is extremely difficult to meet people you do not know, do not know what they look like. So you sit around saying are you with this one or that one and feel like an idiot so you stop and don't hook up.

The other option is for each person to agree to get a specific (non aviation related hat) and then wear it the first day to identify each other. If everyone got a red Tractor Supply Cap or hooters or what have you. At least you narrow down the strangers you have to ask.

I usually meet a group of guys and we agree to stay at the same hotel so we see each other for breakfast or dinner the night before.

I went to SNF 2009 with my pilot brother and had a great time. We even hung out under some shade trees. Built our -10 and went to Oshkosh this past summer and camped or roasted for 5 days with the family. We will never go back to Oshkosh. Yes, we will be going to SNF again!

I will be there for my 4th S n F, live in the UK but have a vacation home close to Lakeland,
Following my first visit to SnF I promised myself I would achieve my lifelong dream of getting my PP cert, and once I did, I would do the Sun n Fun "fly in"

Well having done some of my flight training in the Lakeland area during SnF week, I can honestly say I Won't be flying in....no surree ....it's madness !!:hairraise:

I will be happy driving in for the show as usual...

I'm there very consistantly with a fairly regular group, think I only missed 1 in the last 15 years or so.

I'm there very consistantly with a fairly regular group, think I only missed 1 in the last 15 years or so.

I think if you are going that makes my decision pretty easy - is Mike and the rest of the crew gonna make it this year?

If anyone is passing through GAI or in the vicinity, can I hitch a ride? Or, maybe someone is flying out of GAI, and is looking for another pilot to ride along.

I'm looking at making the long flight up from Key West and would look forward to meeting the rest of you. I can come anyday, and be there at anytime as long as they don't close the ADIZ off to me :)

KeyWestPhotog.... Joe ............. I'm good for any ......... will need car/lodging

I think if you are going that makes my decision pretty easy - is Mike and the rest of the crew gonna make it this year?

Mike ususally doesnt know his flying schedule until just before the event so its always hit or miss with him. The other guys such as Dennie, Kendal, Sal, Fred etc. are very regular attendees so I would expect most of them to make it. I'll let you know when we get closer....

KeyWestPhotog.... Joe ............. I'm good for any ......... will need car/lodging
flygirl34q...............Lynn.............most of the week.........Commuting from KZPH

I'll be in Zephyrhills on Monday (unless plans change from last year!) and depending on what the group I'm with comes up with will be at the show most of the week, leaving Thursday or Friday. Can't wait... in many ways, I like Sun 'n Fun better than OSH. :yes:

I just realized I have a wedding to go to on the 14th of April in Cali. I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. Still planning on the Bahamas though.

I live about 20 miles from Sun N Fun. Would love if we can get a group together.

flygirl34q...............Lynn.............most of the week.........Commuting from KZPH
Tony Scarpelli........same............first or 2nd weekend.......flying in

:

Will be over from UK and be there for Thursday & Friday. (4th visit)

Actually been flying out of KLAL for the the last couple of weeks while over in Florida, a lot of construction going on to improve taxiways.

The Lakeland Linder guys are working hard to make everything just perfect for Sun n Fun week.

Regards
Allan

I sent my request for my copy of the NOTAM booklet already.... Although I remember it from last year. Hopefully, there won't be too many changes!

On the Sun n Fun website there's a "share a flight" section. In one section pilots can post an ad if they have seats available on their planes; the passenger contributes toward expenses. In another section perons wishing to be a passenger can post an ad to find any pilots who'd be able to pick them up along the way. I answered a pilot's ad a few years ago and got to be his passenger. It was a great experience.
Ads are just now beginning to appear.

Yes, depending on the pilot, aircraft type, length of the flight, and your experience level...he may only want help with navigation and radios. He may let you do some of the flying. If it's a vintage plane he might not let you touch anything, which still would be a fun experience. All these details, including expenses, are discussed beforehand.
I think there's a similar arrangement for Oshkosh.

CMTowner............Chris.............all week long................Will have car/lodging

CMTowner............Chris.............all week long................Will have car/lodging
dogdaddy.............Brian.............any day.....................have car; live nearby

I will be there. Hope to have my Arrow fixed by then. If not, there is always the Luscombe but not much room for camping gear in that case. I can probably find someone that is driving to carry my gear up. I am retired now so my only concern is my dog.

Last edited:
Back