Suggested Tip Amounts...

I tip 20%, or a buck a drink if it’s just drinks.

Unless I get REALLY bad service, in which case I don’t tip, which is thankfully quite rare.

The quality of service received does not impact the amount I tip. This is because the notion that a smaller tip or no tip sends the message that the service sucked, is a complete fallacy.

Just sayin' here...you don't think if a waiter is in a bad mood and treats all of his customers like crap, that if none of them tipped him...you don't think it would dawn on him to start treating his customers better?

Not battling with you, just a friendly argumentative discussion.

Just sayin' here...you don't think if a waiter is in a bad mood and treats all of his customers like crap, that if none of them tipped him...you don't think it would dawn on him to start treating his customers better?

Not battling with you, just a friendly argumentative discussion.
I manage truck drivers for a living so... No I don't think they'll get the idea. I think they're just decide that all their customers were a-holes that night.

my gripe is the rising %. I remember 15% was considered a good tip. Now it's considered low. You can argue inflation, but the price of the food you're tipping has gone up, too. That being said, I do tip 20% for good service, but I'm not afraid to lower it for poor service. The idea of paying for a sit down meal and not being able to enjoy it should be reflected in a gratuity.

Lol, my wife is French, and her European friends dislike tips but think service in the USA in general is a 100 times better.

I was taught TIPS is an acronym which means To Insure Prompt Service. And it was giving before.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Who wants to tip a surly Frenchman? :D

Back