Study help for Oral

Mock GROUND checkride with a CFI you’ve never used before. Fresh set of eyes. Don’t let them scrimp on the ground. Many CFIs fixate on the flying part of ‘mock checkrides’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mock GROUND checkride with a CFI you’ve never used before. Fresh set of eyes. Don’t let them scrimp on the ground. Many CFIs fixate on the flying part of ‘mock checkrides’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t recommend mocking anything...take it seriously!

wait...uh, never mind.

Recently went through this for the IFR, I kept reviewing the written materials up until the oral.

My oral focused on mostly lost comms, systems, and weather. Get with yourself CFI and have him give you a mock checkride.

I don’t recommend mocking anything...take it seriously!

wait...uh, never mind.

True. Don’t mock a CFI. We’re delicate sensitive creatures...

To the OP, I (or probably any CFI on this board) would be happy to do a Zoom/Skype/FaceTime bit of “ground” with you if you and -your- CFI are cool with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grab the ACS and talk out loud about every point on it. Watch a couple on yT as well

True. Don’t mock a CFI. We’re delicate sensitive creatures...

To the OP, I (or probably any CFI on this board) would be happy to do a Zoom/Skype/FaceTime bit of “ground” with you if you and -your- CFI are cool with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I really like this idea! Are most of the CFI's on the board sitting at home in these times? That could be a way to scratch the itch to teach while thing are in quarantine.

Passed my written this week so Im looking for advise to study for me oral. Any advise is appreciated!
Please review my tutorials at AvClicks.com. I made them from the vantage point of being a former DPE targeting newcomers to IFR flying. But, they make a great review for already certified instrument pilots, so would serve you well too. There are future tutorials on GPS and weather in the works which will prepare the user for the knowledge test too. For now, IT"S FREE, so soak it up and good luck!

EDIT: It's GOOD too! I recently revisited the slides I made and haven't seen in several years. I had to make very few improvements, which will be uploaded sometime soon. It was almost like reviewing somebody's work other than my own, it's been so long, and really appreciating the way "they" expressed themselves. :) Great minds think alike, I guess, mine and mine.

Last edited:
EDIT: It's GOOD too! I recently revisited the slides I made and haven't seen in several years. I had to make very few improvements, which will be uploaded sometime soon. It was almost like reviewing somebody's work other than my own, it's been so long, and really appreciating the way "they" expressed themselves. :) Great minds think alike, I guess, mine and mine.
You have such a modest level of modesty! :D

Back