Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Mrs 6PC: "Hey, lets go out. We never go out."

Spends the whole time on her phone studying for her PPL

attachment.php

Busted!

attachment.php

She is working really hard and doing very well on this stuff.

We went out tonight 1 on 1 and it was fun covering how V speeds work, aerodynamics, etc. Fun stuff.

I know there are at least a couple other husband / wife pilots here and we are new to this but it has been fun for me not only refreshing my knowledge but helping her and I have to respect how well she is doing especially since she was not a kid who spent years looking at the sky trying to figure how to get up there.

I am proud of her.

Attachments

• pplWife01.jpg
    pplWife01.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 805
  • pplWife02.jpg
    pplWife02.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 799
Plus, let's be honest. That is a beer that makes Aeroshell 100 look like Coors lite!

Becareful what you wish for..... Either she needs her own plane or you guys are gonna argue over who gets the PIC.:yes:

I know. Looks like we may get less plane than I was planning on but it may be better. Thinking of just getting a 172 for a couple years while I get IR and she does PPL then upgrade later. We will have acces to the Cirrus for long trips.

I am thinking selling a 172 later may not be all that easy though.

Last edited:
I know. Looks like we may get less plane than I was planning on but it may be better. Thinking of just getting a 172 for a couple years while I get IR and she does PPL then upgrade later. We will have acces to the Cirrus for long trips.

You can always sell a 172,usually without any problem. Great beginner airplane.

I think Bryan knows that if we get a plane that I feel comfortable training on, then we will get one sooner.

Oh, and I am totally a badass. Just kidding. My brain is already full after just the Chapter 1 stuff.

My now fiance and I started at the same time. I took my checkride about 16 hours before he did. Now he uses me for free IPCs and BFRs since I went on to my CFI and he's paused after his commercial multi. We talk airplanes literally every day. It's a fun passion/hobby to share with your significant other. In time you will find each others strengths and weaknesses in the cockpit.

Man, you're spoiled. When my wife says "let's go out" it usually involves me carrying packages from store to store around the mall. Never does it involve beer.

I would have considered actually buying it from my dad but we were at max gross already and the kids keep getting bigger.

have you looked into trading them in for smaller units?

I would have considered actually buying it from my dad but we were at max gross already and the kids keep getting bigger.

They have a tendency to do that. :D

Not only do they get bigger, but they eat more, too. So if you plan on bringing food for them with you the need for payload capacity grows faster than they do.

Best of luck. :yes::D

Selling a 172 is easy, and it certainly will get both of you through PPL/IR.

Gross weight with all 4 onboard may be an issue, even for local stuff. If that's in the cards, go for an earlier model as the useful load is higher.

Selling a 172 is easy, and it certainly will get both of you through PPL/IR.

Gross weight with all 4 onboard may be an issue, even for local stuff. If that's in the cards, go for an earlier model as the useful load is higher.

The kids are 5 and 7. If I keep it for 2 years, it should carry all 4 of us during that time. UL on the tb was 750. I think the Cessna are about 200 more

I hate to change the thread to an airplane advice one, but you might want to talk to Eren about looking at C-182's instead of 172's. I don't believe the cost would be that much more, and it might "last" a lot longer. I know people that used a 182 for PPL. It is just a little heavier on the controls.

Good luck on the test, Eren!

You needed to put that Tampico on a diet. My useful load is 805. Yes, I know that is still not much, even compared to a 172, but it is 55 pounds more than the one you just sold.

I hate to change the thread to an airplane advice one, but you might want to talk to Eren about looking at C-182's instead of 172's. I don't believe the cost would be that much more, and it might "last" a lot longer. I know people that used a 182 for PPL. It is just a little heavier on the controls.

Good luck on the test, Eren!

182s end up being many people's last plane. (In a good way.) They are fast enough. They carry enough. They do everything pretty well.

182s end up being many people's last plane. (In a good way.) They are fast enough. They carry enough. They do everything pretty well.

Agree.

B, you need to take another serious look at N55WB.

A good aircraft for the both of you, and entry/operation costs very affordable. And when you're ready to step up to larger/faster, you're just an endorsement (and a bit of time) away from N149G.

You needed to put that Tampico on a diet. My useful load is 805. Yes, I know that is still not much, even compared to a 172, but it is 55 pounds more than the one you just sold.

I have no idea where that weight came from.
I'd like something w/ ~900 lbs UL

That is awesome stuff. I can't get my wife the least bit interested in flying. It is just a way to get from Point A to Point B for her. She wouldn't even do a Pinch-Hitter course, but my oldest son is turning 15 soon and and he is ready to take the Pinch-Hitter. Who knows where it will go from there!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

I know there are at least a couple other husband / wife pilots here and we are new to this but it has been fun for me not only refreshing my knowledge but helping her and I have to respect how well she is doing especially since she was not a kid who spent years looking at the sky trying to figure how to get up there.

I am proud of her.

We are another couple husband & wife pilots. We did our PPL at the same time and it was great to share experiences in the process. I definitely missed this sharing and exchange while I did my instrument rating (I passed the check ride on 1/1/15 - perfect start for 2015... :D). However, my husband will benefit from my experience when he will do his instrument rating... :yes::hairraise::lol:

It is great to share this hobby. We never discuss what to do during vacation or on weekends - we travel places by plane. Nevertheless, there is some truth to what one of our flight instructors said once: two pilots in the cockpit has potential... :redface: Additionally my husband sometimes thinks, that those people who envy him because I fly too, have no idea what it is like, when the wife flies too. :wink2:

All the best for your PPL, Eren. I keep my fingers crossed and I am sure you will do the training and the check ride with flying colors.

Have fun,
Martina

We are another couple husband & wife pilots. We did our PPL at the same time and it was great to share experiences in the process. I definitely missed this sharing and exchange while I did my instrument rating (I passed the check ride on 1/1/15 - perfect start for 2015... :D). However, my husband will benefit from my experience when he will do his instrument rating... :yes::hairraise::lol:

It is great to share this hobby. We never discuss what to do during vacation or on weekends - we travel places by plane. Nevertheless, there is some truth to what one of our flight instructors said once: two pilots in the cockpit has potential... :redface: Additionally my husband sometimes thinks, that those people who envy him because I fly too, have no idea what it is like, when the wife flies too. :wink2:

All the best for your PPL, Eren. I keep my fingers crossed and I am sure you will do the training and the check ride with flying colors.

Have fun,
Martina

Thank you, Martina! I am excited to be a more active participant in the plane.

Now I better log off so I can study. Taking my Chapter 1 test this evening. :D

I have no idea where that weight came from.
I'd like something w/ ~900 lbs UL

My Cherokee has a useful load of 1050. Its not my last plane but..it gets me into ownership that I can afford and like a 172 they should have no problem selling. I emphasize should! haha So far the wife and I are loving it!

We are becoming super flying nerds.
Got the kids in bed last night, Fired up the hot tub.

Cut to me demonstrating AOA, Turning tendencies, Etc with one of these as my model plane
corkscrew.jpg

I just realized I totally forgot we have this corkscrew!
Ah... next lesson.

FNM_120114-Gift-Guide-Airplane-Corkscrew_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg

How long before the paper airplane contests begin?

Actually, maybe you guys need to go fly some RC to help demonstrate some of the concepts. ;)

96 on my first chapter test. :rockon:

Wow great job, I need you to rub elbows with my wife maybe some of that will rub off. :) If you want to get any practice in while your between planes just let me know I'm always looking for a excuse to fly, we can even take Mr SPC along.:yes:

Wow great job, I need you to rub elbows with my wife maybe some of that will rub off. :) If you want to get any practice in while your between planes just let me know I'm always looking for a excuse to fly, we can even take Mr SPC along.:yes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back