Student pilot under 141 solo requirements.

Joe hart

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Joehart96
Is a student pilot under part 141 able to fly on solo more than the 5 hours that he needs as solo requirement?

Why not? Does 141 have a maximum time to get certificated?

That said, can't you look up part 141 rules? I'm guessing you're either an instructor or student, but either should be capable of doing so.

That said, can't you look up part 141 rules? I'm guessing you're either an instructor or student, but either should be capable of doing so.
This is the way all questions should be answered. I will help reduce all the talking and communicating that's been running rampant on this board since its inception.

This is the way all questions should be answered. I will help reduce all the talking and communicating that's been running rampant on this board since its inception.

RTFM has been an important prerequisite for decades.

No, if you are solo endorsed, you my excersise that endorsement in the name of training. Don't stray beyond that endorsement though.

Why not? Does 141 have a maximum time to get certificated?

That said, can't you
No, if you are solo endorsed, you my excersise that endorsement in the name of training. Don't stray beyond that endorsement though.

So As a student you are only able to make on solo and endorsed by a cfi the necesary hours required for the private certificate?

So As a student you are only able to make on solo and endorsed by a cfi the necesary hours required for the private certificate?
Just guessing on Units post, but I think you may be misreading. I highly doubt there is any rule against too much solo practice as long as it's within the dign off parameters.

If you are using Post 9/11 GI bill benefits the school might be afraid of looking like they are taking advantage or letting you take advantage of a nearly unlimited funding stream. This is assuming that you are in a degree program. I have seen 2 schools audited and closed because of this......

You can fly as many solo hours as your checkbook can afford. There is no limit ;)

If you are using Post 9/11 GI bill benefits the school might be afraid of looking like they are taking advantage or letting you take advantage of a nearly unlimited funding stream. This is assuming that you are in a degree program. I have seen 2 schools audited and closed because of this......

When you sign up for a course in a degree program the college has a set fee for the course that includes a certain amount of flight hours. The VA pays that fee upfront and if you fly more hours than are included in the course you have to pay for them out of pocket. The VA doesn't just keep paying and paying if you fly more hours than the course requires.

When you sign up for a course in a degree program the college has a set fee for the course that includes a certain amount of flight hours. The VA pays that fee upfront and if you fly more hours than are included in the course you have to pay for them out of pocket. The VA doesn't just keep paying and paying if you fly more hours than the course requires.
Not true unless the rules have changed in the last 12 months. I was at a school that failed an audit my the VA regarding the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The Montgomery GI bill had different rules.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not true unless the rules have changed in the last 12 months. I was at a school that failed an audit my the VA regarding the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The Montgomery GI bill had different rules.

Must be why that school failed an audit, the school I attended didn't fail their audits and that is the rule they follow.

Must be why that school failed an audit, the school I attended didn't fail their audits and that is the rule they follow.
It is ok because the flight time is considered a variable lab fee. The amount needed to be reasonable but by what definition?

I knew guys that had 500 hours by the time they finished their CPL. That school failed for unreasonable costs.

No he cannot. He also cannot fly more than the 35 total hours required for his certificate. These are hard limits!!
:confused:
o_O

Seriously dude. Learn some thinking skills.

It is ok because the flight time is considered a variable lab fee. The amount needed to be reasonable but by what definition?

I knew guys that had 500 hours by the time they finished their CPL. That school failed for unreasonable costs.

Each course I took had a syllabus that was approved by the FAA, the VA paid for the number of flight hours that were in the approved syllabus. If it took you additional hours to complete the course and get your certificate then you paid for the extra hours out of pocket. If you completed the course in less hours (extremely rare but possible in the commercial syllabus) then the college kept the extra money. At one time you could get reimbursed by the VA for the extra hours that you had paid for out of pocket but that stopped about 2 years ago.

Each course I took had a syllabus that was approved by the FAA, the VA paid for the number of flight hours that were in the approved syllabus. If it took you additional hours to complete the course and get your certificate then you paid for the extra hours out of pocket. If you completed the course in less hours (extremely rare but possible in the commercial syllabus) then the college kept the extra money. At one time you could get reimbursed by the VA for the extra hours that you had paid for out of pocket but that stopped about 2 years ago.

I flew at 2 tech schools and at UAA under the same rules. 2 self policed and 1 didn't. The 1 that didn't does not exist anymore.

Back