stolen aircraft and Avionics where do they go

Your anonymous ass hasn't shown anything you have done. I docked a 115' 3 deck boat in the middle of Hurricane Frances live on CNN on one engine, no steering and no thrusters. What can you show? Thought so, you won't even give your name or show a pic. You're just a blowhard ****wit with nothing positive to say ever. All you do is run people down, go **** yourself.

That's not been that long ago, I'm sure the footage is available somewhere on the interwebs, care to find it and show us?

You know, Henning, there's an easy solution. If you want to reduce the amount of times you're publicly called out as a liar then quit lying so much.

Seems pretty simple to me, but what do I know.

That's not been that long ago, I'm sure the footage is available somewhere on the interwebs, care to find it and show us?

You know, Henning, there's an easy solution. If you want to reduce the amount of times you're publicly called out as a liar then quit lying so much.

Now watch, now that he's cornered and people are calling him out on it, he's going to either go even more on the defensive or make another statement without even referencing the posts that said he was stretching the truth.

Also, I was on Turkish national television during the Istanbul Flight Training Expo in a hilarious fashion, shown flying right seat in a Redbird FMX that I helped build while the news anchor was actively trying to kill us on short final. With video of me saving the plane from the right seat with the left seat controls before it crashed.

And that's about as relevant to the situation at hand as your show at bragging and changing the subject/focus :rolleyes2:

Only difference being that I think mine is awesome and I'm willing to show it if I can find it on my old HDD. And notice that no one really says anything about if it's true or not in my case. Wonder why... :dunno:

Your anonymous ass hasn't shown anything you have done. I docked a 115' 3 deck boat in the middle of Hurricane Frances live on CNN on one engine, no steering and no thrusters. What can you show? Thought so, you won't even give your name or show a pic. You're just a blowhard ****wit with nothing positive to say ever. All you do is run people down, go **** yourself.

Could you use the boat again? :D

Quite frankly, you make it hard to trust you when the story changes or you contradict yourself.

Like in this thread:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62438&highlight=henning+crash

Where you claimed no crashes, but links were found where you did claim to hit power lines, or crash.

Now watch, now that he's cornered and people are calling him out on it, he's going to either go even more on the defensive or make another statement without even referencing the posts that said he was stretching the truth.

Also, I was on Turkish national television during the Istanbul Flight Training Expo in a hilarious fashion, shown flying right seat in a Redbird FMX that I helped build while the news anchor was actively trying to kill us on short final. With video of me saving the plane from the right seat with the left seat controls before it crashed.

And that's about as relevant to the situation at hand as your show at bragging and changing the subject/focus :rolleyes2:

Only difference being that I think mine is awesome and I'm willing to show it if I can find it on my old HDD. And notice that no one really says anything about if it's true or not in my case. Wonder why... :dunno:

Got you all beat. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Got you all beat. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

18364.JPG

I know you owe a man an apology for calling him a liar.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0409/04/smn.04.html

"...CALLEBS: Exactly, Stephen. We're here with Henning Heineman. And you say that you were contracted to baby-sit thorough this -- this yacht through the storm.

HENNING HEINEMAN, YACHT CAPTAIN: Right.

CALLEBS: You got a little more than you bargained for, didn't you?

HEINEMAN: Yes. I lost a lot of systems, ended up with just one engine and no steering and no bough thruster. So did what I could. The anchors drug, did what I could to stick it in the hole here and try to save it as much as I could, keep us off the bridge..."

This took 5 minutes to search. I'm sure the video is available from the site if you need more, but I don't really care. I usually refrain from calling people liars without proof they are lying.

Last edited:
Massive full-panel orange metal things with two locks on them? Yeah, I've encountered that once or twice :D The CAP crew left the brakes on and that on the dash and the door locked in one of our bulk hangars once. Couldn't get into it if I wanted to.

That's called the "iron maiden," and it doesn't cover the parking brake. It covers just about everything else, though.

If you can't break into a Cessna single without damaging it, you aren't trying.

Last edited:

"...CALLEBS: Exactly, Stephen. We're here with Henning Heineman. And you say that you were contracted to baby-sit thorough this -- this yacht through the storm.

HEINEMAN: Yes. I lost a lot of systems, ended up with just one engine and no steering and no bough thruster. So did what I could. The anchors drug, did what I could to stick it in the hole here and try to save it as much as I could, keep us off the bridge..."

This took 5 minutes to search. I'm sure the video is available from the site if you need more, but I don't really care. I usually refrain from calling people liars without proof they are lying.

Nice transcript, Henning. That was an enjoyable read.

The petty gall of some on this board lately is disappointing.

Nice transcript, Henning. That was an enjoyable read.

The petty gall of some on this board lately is disappointing.

The problem is that Henning isn't always consistent in his posts.

For one example, please look through this thread: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62438&highlight=henning+crash

The problem is that Henning isn't always consistent in his posts.

For one example, please look through this thread: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62438&highlight=henning+crash
Regardless of other incidents, in THIS incident a man was called a liar and it was then proved he was not.

Calling a man a liar is pretty heady stuff, folks have died for less. Mr. Henning is STILL owed an apology. Apparently, all we have here are internet tough guys without the character to admit a mistake was made.

Whatever, not my fight. Just figuring out who is a man and who is an empty hat.

Actually it proves he's a liar. The CNN transcript says that the hurricane was just arriving on the Florida coast and that the sustained winds during Henning's "middle of Hurricane Frances" miracle were 30 MPH with some gusts.

When Frances fully came onshore hours later as a Category 2 hurricane, it had 105 MPH peak sustained winds. I imagine when asked, most people would correctly identify the 'middle of a hurricane' as the period of the highest sustained winds. Henning's hurricane as described "Live by CNN" with its 30 MPH winds didn't even meet the criteria for a tropical storm, which is 34 MPH.

By making the claim he performed his amazing task "in the middle of Hurricane Frances" it's quite clear Henning was painting a picture of himself on the flybridge in oilskins, one eye squinted shut, with a howling 100+ MPH Hurricane doing it's best to snatch him into the Devil's locker.

I'd guess a 113' yacht has two CAT 3216s or similar powerplants by MAN. One engine inoperable, there's still more than enough power. Docking it on a single wouldn't be the end of the world. Make a lee approach, throw over a spring line and make it fast, and dock the damn thing.

I've done it in a 65 Viking with one engine, winds 25G35.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Bet the wings folded up again!

Actually it proves he's a liar. The CNN transcript says that the hurricane was just arriving on the Florida coast and that the sustained winds during Henning's "middle of Hurricane Frances" miracle were 30 MPH with some gusts.

When Frances fully came onshore hours later as a Category 2 hurricane, it had 105 MPH peak sustained winds. I imagine when asked, most people would correctly identify the 'middle of a hurricane' as the period of the highest sustained winds. Henning's hurricane as described "Live by CNN" with its 30 MPH winds didn't even meet the criteria for a tropical storm, which is 34 MPH.

By making the claim he performed his amazing task "in the middle of Hurricane Frances" it's quite clear Henning was painting a picture of himself on the flybridge in oilskins, one eye squinted shut, with a howling 100+ MPH Hurricane doing it's best to snatch him into the Devil's locker.

I'd guess a 113' yacht has two CAT 3216s or similar powerplants by MAN. One engine inoperable, there's still more than enough power. Docking it on a single wouldn't be the end of the world. Make a lee approach, throw over a spring line and make it fast, and dock the damn thing.

I've done it in a 65 Viking with one engine, winds 25G35.

Thanks for the link.

You are all over the place. You power a Viking? In your experience 25 to 35 will have local vessels ripped from moorings, docks and dragging a 1000 pounds of ground tackle?

In Florida summer 30 knot gust are a daily afternoon thunderstorm staple. When I had my Hunter 36 25 to 35 knot winds meant "time for sailing!!!". Not "Call CNN!"

The "middle of a hurricane" is the eye - the winds are calm and you have few minutes to take care of things. The 'teeth of a hurricane' are the storm band where the worst winds occur, particularly in the leading quadrant. the fierce winds are not everywhere under the storm so one town can suffer nothing while 10 miles away another town is stripped bare. Read it more carefully this time. The "middle of the Hurricane" was over the Bahamas when they switched to Florida. That means the eye was over the Bahamas (with maybe 30 knot gusts. That would put the leading quadrant over south Florida.

Apparently, CNN, who was there saw the storm, saw the boat, saw the other damaged boats, and thought it was worth interviewing the guy.

So what. It's a freaking internet forum.

What are you? The POA forum nanny?

Uh....no. I don't like being consistently lied to though.

Regardless of other incidents, in THIS incident a man was called a liar and it was then proved he was not.

Calling a man a liar is pretty heady stuff, folks have died for less. Mr. Henning is STILL owed an apology. Apparently, all we have here are internet tough guys without the character to admit a mistake was made.

Whatever, not my fight. Just figuring out who is a man and who is an empty hat.

Not only here but other boards....here is one with absolutely no source to back it up:
(log-in required on this aviation board) http://www.purpleboard.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19431&highlight=Fire+Henning&page=18

Start at post 348.

The support I see for someone that tends to exaggerate their experience does a lot to explain to me why politicians get away with their lies.

I never realized that Henning had so many stalkers, fact checking every post. :rolleyes:

Again, its a freaking internet forum -- and isn't this posted in Pilot's Lounge / Hangar talk?

Last edited:
I never realized that Henning had so many stalkers, fact checking every post. :rolleyes:

Again, its a freaking internet forum -- and isn't this posted in Pilot's Lounge / Hangar talk?
Well, he does post so much that it is pretty easy to find BS that he's written. No stalking required.

Apparently, you seem to enjoy someone lying to you.

This is an aviation forum- would you prefer advice from someone that has actually done what s/he has claimed to do, or advice where the person is blowing smoke? There are, fortunately, enough people here who aren't as charming, but who also provide good information based on real experience.

The "middle of a hurricane" is the eye - the winds are calm and you have few minutes to take care of things. The 'teeth of a hurricane' are the storm band where the worst winds occur, particularly in the leading quadrant.

While technically correct, if you're telling a story about being in the middle of a hurricane, you're probably banking on the dramatic effect it has for your audience. It wouldn't be impressive if you were in a calm part of the storm :idea:

And no one has to even look far for BS in a lot of Henning's posts. And when he gets called out on them, he does one of 3 things:

Moves the goalposts
Deflects the argument
Stops responding entirely

Henning makes it all too easy to subject himself to such behavior because he is too busy tripping up over how "great" he thinks he is to realize exactly what he's told people he's done.

Essentially (and by looking at the Purple board as well as POA, more than just IMO) he's obnoxious and full of himself. He runs to the store to buy the brightest possible red paint to put a target on himself. Although on the way to the store, he'll be carrying a bus full of orphans uphill both ways in snow while preparing to go tour the world with the President of Kenya.

IMO if you make claims, you've gotta be able to back them up. IRL and on the forum. And you can't really get upset when people call BS - especially with well-reasoned and cited counterpoints from people who actually really do know what they're talking about.

He's more than welcome to continue to leave threads that he's been called out in, or he can defend himself. He's had his free speech, I (and others) have ours. It's a typical internet forum :dunno:

Did you see further down in that transcript?

:lol::lol::lol:

CALLEBS: He's a little too cavalier for this kind of condition. Certainly don't want to recommend anybody else get out in these kind of -- this kind of weather and this kind of boat.

FRAZIER: You're right, Sean. He's giving us that kind of super- cool, jet fighter pilot attitude.

It just occured to me that swapping a good GPS out for a stolen GPS would be detected by most owners the first time they tried to update the database(s). AFAIK King and Garmin database subscriptions are tied to a box unique serial number.

Back