STC approved list

FredFenster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Greg L
Is there anywhere to search to see what airframes are approved for specific STC's? I'm specifically looking for the list for the Garmin G5, all their advertising says "approved for over 500 single/twins" but nowhere can I find a list of what those 500 are.

.... here I am clicking through the Garmin site for half an hour looking for that. Never thought to go to the FAA. Thanks!

Don't rule out the Dynon D10/D100. I'm a bit of a gambler and I think there will be STC approval for the dynon servos that add autopilot to their EFIS. No such capability on the G5

Don't rule out the Dynon D10/D100. I'm a bit of a gambler and I think there will be STC approval for the dynon servos that add autopilot to their EFIS. No such capability on the G5

Yar. Especially now that we're looking at the STC process beginning for TruTrak.

So here's a follow-up question. Say the aircraft is not on the STC approved list, for the G5 or Dynon. Is this where a field approval could be used, or would you have to try to get the aircraft added to the approved list?

So here's a follow-up question. Say the aircraft is not on the STC approved list, for the G5 or Dynon. Is this where a field approval could be used, or would you have to try to get the aircraft added to the approved list?
You use a 337 to request a deviation to the STC, (field approval)

Approved Model Lists (AML) are update frequently, especially for new hot STCs. I'd contact the STC holder to ensure that you are consulting to most current AML. If its still not on there and your airplane is certified in the same categories listed there you may be able to get an email from the STC holder saying they would consider the STC appropriate to your airplane. At that point I'd talk to the FSDO and get blessed to install the STC on your airplane.

It should be simple.

Approved Model Lists (AML) are update frequently, especially for new hot STCs. I'd contact the STC holder to ensure that you are consulting to most current AML. If its still not on there and your airplane is certified in the same categories listed there you may be able to get an email from the STC holder saying they would consider the STC appropriate to your airplane. At that point I'd talk to the FSDO and get blessed to install the STC on your airplane.

It should be simple.
On certain STCs the holder can simply add the model. others not so easy. Engine swap STCs are very difficult to use a "?" engine when only the "C" is approved.

Back