SR71 type rating

Mine has been converted and certified (by me) for auto gas. Burns it like crazy.

Nice. The hangar should be much cleaner with all of the gas leaking out instead of the nasty jet fuel everywhere.

I think we had equipment requirements for domestic flights too. Been awhile, I'll look it up.
There are system accuracy, deviation reporting, and maintenance requirements for RVSM. But, unlike ETOPS, there's no non-RVSM parts list for a given aircraft. The aircraft I work on that are ETOPS can use both ETOPS or non-ETOPS part, maintenance just has to downgrade the aircraft certification.

Last edited:
I love Brian Shul's comment on 18 months to roll out an SR-71 compared to today's F-35. Amazing what you could get done back in those days. The cost and red tape involved in producing a military aircraft today is sickening.

I love Brian Shul's comment on 18 months to roll out an SR-71 compared to today's F-35. Amazing what you could get done back in those days. The cost and red tape involved in producing a military aircraft today is sickening.

Yeah but it is different these days. Kelly Johnson is no longer with us.

Does it have ADSB? Did you convert the rear pit to accommodate an airmattress? could start a new "club", the 16 mile high club and the "sex faster than a bullet club" !

Please start to familiarize yourself with the cockpit before training.
Best part: Fuel flow gauges are marked up to 90 in units of "PPH x 1000." Twin-engine airplanes really just aren't as efficient as singles, at any speed.

As of this moment. I am building one in my barn, sort of like farmer astronaut. I am using parts I snuck out of the skunk works in my lunch box and a friend of mines motor home...

one piece at a time, and it wont cost me a dime.....:loco::lol:
Mr. Cash I presume?

Skunks works was a great read, had that book for years.

514RGQ3bURL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back