Splitting Up the Classifieds - Input Requested

Which Classifieds sub-forums would you like to see?

• Partnerships/Clubs

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Aircraft

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Aircraft Parts

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Handhelds/Accessories

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Aviation Memorabilia

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Aircraft Services

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Not Aircraft Related

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Leave it alone! No changes to the Classifieds

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters
Doesn't seem like we have so many people selling stuff that it needs to be broken up, maybe separate services from products?

The MC has agreed that we will add a sub-forum for Aircraft Sales, Clubs, and Partnerships. It will basically be a one-stop sub-forum for buying or selling of airplane or the ability to fly airplanes. Look for this in the Classifieds coming soon...

Thanks! Hopefully it will encourage people to post these sort of ads more often.

I'm the original poster who suggested a clubs/partnerships section. There was a need for the clubs/partnership section for some important reasons.

First, there are almost no good, freely available internet resources for Partnerships/Clubs. There maybe be a handful of such ads on Trade a Plane, Barnstormers ,etc but this is extremely ineffective. No one really goes on those sites looking for Partnerships/Clubs because there's a paucity of ads and they are hard to search for. The only real place to find out about such opportunities are the Airport bulletin boards. While, quaint, I think we can do better than that.

Also, Partnerships/Clubs are highly geography specific. I would say this is even more important that aircraft type which people would normally search for. So it would make sense if these were separated from other adds in a manner that allows folks to browse by State.

On the other topic of subdividing the classifieds into sections, I think it's a good idea as long as we only use a few of major categories. For example:

Aircraft & Parts
Avionics & Handhelds
Clubs/Partnerships
Services

And just because there's a specific place for it on POA is going to drive all the people who might advertise to our corner of the world?

Frankly, all it does is give LESS exposure to the people who would post such advertisements as it pidgeon holes things into odd little sections that aren't likely to have many if any ads. Nobody is going to browse down to look at them. Hell, it doesn't take more than 20 seconds to scan the entire EXISTING FOR SALE section. Adding subcategories increases the effort and decreases the exposure for the advertiser.

I think there's so much spillover from the classifieds onto the normal forums, it probably makes sense to scrap the classified entirely...

:)

...There maybe be a handful of such ads on Trade a Plane, Barnstormers ,etc but this is extremely ineffective. No one really goes on those sites looking for Partnerships/Clubs because there's a paucity of ads and they are hard to search for. ....

I search those sites often for partnership ads. There is a dedicated section on each of the sites u listed and it's quite easy to search them both. Controller as well.

The best part of this change? Now we can not only complain that posts belong in the classifieds, but we can also complain they are in the wrong subset of the classifieds!

Bring out your AOA advertising now... we're ready.

The best part of this change? Now we can not only complain that posts belong in the classifieds, but we can also complain they are in the wrong subset of the classifieds!

Bring out your AOA advertising now... we're ready.
What about a partnership on an AoA device?

@Ted DuPuis - I like the way the titles all have that blue For Sale tag. Are those user selected? If so it would be nice to ask advertisers to tag their classified posts as "Ad" or "Sale".

Might even save some future advertiser from getting the "Wowie Treatment."

@Ted DuPuis - I like the way the titles all have that blue For Sale tag. Are those user selected? If so it would be nice to ask advertisers to tag their classified posts as "Ad" or "Sale".

Might even save some future advertiser from getting the "Wowie Treatment."

The tags are user selected from a list that is created by the MC. At the moment the options are "For Sale" "Wanted" "Sold" and "Closed." The intent is that the person posting the ad will pick the appropriate one for the ad when created, and then will edit that one as appropriate once a sale or purchase is made. We were discussing adding these to the normal classifieds as well, and we have the ability to use different options.

Right now, I see this as a solution looking for a problem. The classified volume does not support a division.

Back