Spin Zone or No Spin Zone, That Is The Question...

Spoin Zone or No Spin Zone

• Close The Spin Zone

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Leave It Open With Suspensions For Offenders

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Close It And Open The Skin Zone

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Leave It Alone, It Served Pilots Well

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Here is a way to voice your opinion to the "MC" (morons in charge) on their ill advised decision to cancel the SZ.

The SZ served a vital purpose for venting. Sure it got carried away from time to time, but always it remained civil. It was an excellent way to learn the opposing view and listen to others with differing views. Doesn't mean I agreed with them (or ever will), but I got to hear them.

With the closing of the SZ the onlyt person I can argue with my wife. If I get divorced I'm suing POA and the morons in charge!! ;) :rofl:

Last edited:
Here is a way to voice your opinion to the "MC" (morons in charge) on their ill advised decision to cancel the SZ.

Now now mr. Geico! you must be more sensitive, more politically correct. The world has changed. However I do agree that the opposite opinion should be given instead of insulting remarks, that is truly insulting not just poking fun at someone who poses a question that is really self explanatory. I try to imagine (for instance) what would have happened to me in school if I had caused a big ruckus in a class room , dissed the teacher,refused to put my cell phone away , and then told the principal off. I can't imagine even doing it much less what occurred later. That whole thing started at home not at school. ( or if I had tried it in the Air Force!) and so it goes.

Now now mr. Geico! you must be more sensitive, more politically correct. The world has changed. However I do agree that the opposite opinion should be given instead of insulting remarks, that is truly insulting not just poking fun at someone who poses a question that is really self explanatory. I try to imagine (for instance) what would have happened to me in school if I had caused a big ruckus in a class room , dissed the teacher,refused to put my cell phone away , and then told the principal off. I can't imagine even doing it much less what occurred later. That whole thing started at home not at school. ( or if I had tried it in the Air Force!) and so it goes.

Whoa! You were in the Air Force? I think even less of you now that I did before! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol:

;)

I'm kidding Sir Jimmy. Thank you for your service to our country. :yes:

I can't imagine that referring to the MC as a bunch of morons is going to further your cause. Maybe they have a point about the vitriol spilling over. I am starting to agree that there are many better forums (outside of PoA) for discussing politics, religion and other such topics. Some posters have even used terms that could only be described as 'hate' based language, which I find completely unacceptable. I don't have thin skin, but I don't come to this board to have my politics or beliefs questioned or even denigrated.

I can't imagine that referring to the MC as a bunch of morons is going to further your cause. Maybe they have a point about the vitriol spilling over. I am starting to agree that there are many better forums (outside of PoA) for discussing politics, religion and other such topics. Some posters have even used terms that could only be described as 'hate' based language, which I find completely unacceptable. I don't have thin skin, but I don't come to this board to have my politics or beliefs questioned or even denigrated.

They will never change their mind. What dictators do is dictate not negotiate.

If they were really concerned about this forum they would have gone about it differently looking for ideas. All they needed to do is suspend the offend for 24 hours, offend again and its 3 days, etc...... like they did for years before. Problem solved.

The SZ was self moderating and worked fine for the 8 years I have been here. The claim it spilled over into the other forums is make believe for them to have an excuse.

Last edited:
There is always going to be off topic polarized talk on a forum. Just a question of where to put it or how much to delete. Let it ride. No need to stir. Just let humans be and the MC will probably want the SZ back again, soon.

There is always going to be off topic polarized talk on a forum. Just a question of where to put it or how much to delete. Let it ride. No need to stir. Just let humans be and the MC will probably want the SZ back again, soon.

That would mean they would have to admit they were wrong. That would not fit their "grand plan" for the future.

Last edited:
Which is why the Spin Zone was an OPTION. You could be a member here and NEVER expose yourself to it.

I like it being part of this board. I honestly can't match the level of arrogance provided by the greatest concentration of elitist D bags on a given subject.

I'm rather new here... and have only met one member of the MC in person...

But...

Occasionally I've seen "Take it the SZ" on a thread. Is that what is called spill into 'hangar talk'? Are there threads in the SZ that people are saying "take it to to Hangar Talk"?

I've also been on both sides of the popcorn. Not sure what the need is to shut it down, and not sure what MC time will be saved. There will still be st00pId crap in Hangar Talk. Which is of course the way Al Gore wanted the internet when he invented it. <- see that :)

The SZ served a vital purpose for venting. Sure it got carried away from time to time, but always it remained civil. It was an excellent way to learn the opposing view and listen to others with differing views. Doesn't mean I agreed with them (or ever will), but I got to hear them.

With the closing of the SZ the onlyt person I can argue with my wife. If I get divorced I'm suing POA and the morons in charge!! ;) :rofl:

Why no option for "No opinion," or "Not sure"?

I can't imagine that referring to the MC as a bunch of morons is going to further your cause. Maybe they have a point about the vitriol spilling over...

I'm not on the MC, but reading the tenor of the complaints about the decision has moved me from favoring keeping it to not being sure.

I don't understand the upset with this decision. The name of the board is PilotsOfAmerica not PoliticsOfAmerica. There are plenty of places to go vent about your hate for Obama or whatever the flavor of the day is, come here for your Aviation kicks. Life's short, go fly.

The SZ was self moderating and worked fine for the 8 years I have been here. The claim it spilled over into the other forums is make believe for them to have an excuse.

I purposely never obtained permission to see the Spin Zone, as I did not want to have my experience discussing aviation tainted by idiots who were political imbeciles. I had hoped to insulate myself from nonsense I can find many other places in life.

This forum was for aviation stuff for me.

Unfortunately, I did see nonsense from m the Spin Zone in the rest of the threads. And, I did see non-political threads being "reported, needs to move to Spin Zone" comments.

And, I saw threads I was participating suddenly "disappear" as they got moved, I assume to Spin Zone.

And, based on the thin skins of some of those who are proud participants of Spin Zone, I can hardly imagine it was a healthy environment.

Hopefully the forum is now a better place.

So how's that Dale Carnegie course working out for you?

We need a Gin Zone. Martinis for everyone!

beefeater-gin-290x290.jpg

classic-martini-with-olives.jpg

Last edited:
e. No dog in the hunt, don't care.

I don't understand the upset with this decision. The name of the board is PilotsOfAmerica not PoliticsOfAmerica. There are plenty of places to go vent about your hate for Obama or whatever the flavor of the day is, come here for your Aviation kicks. Life's short, go fly.

And anyone that did not want to be a part of that never had to venture there. Kind of cool huh. :rolleyes2:

And anyone that did not want to be a part of that never had to venture there. Kind of cool huh. :rolleyes2:

Maybe we should demand Dick's Sporting Goods should have a grocery section too. Just because you're there for sporting goods, Don't go into the grocery section. Who cares if you get stuck in the check out line waiting for someone to ring up a cart full of groceries.

This isn't Walmart... Its a pilot forum, why is it so unreasonable that the MC wants to keep it that way? :rolleyes2:

If you comment were factual, the SZ would likely not being going away.

as Jesse would say...I could care less...

I don't go to the spin zone but my beef is how those who do bring their animosities out of the spin zone with them. Some have argued that eliminating it will make the main forum less hospitable. I would argue otherwise...the vitriol in the main forums now is mostly brought in by spin zone participants.

And, for a case in point of vitriol...in this case IN the SZ. I didn't understand why FC got banned...assumed it had to be due to posts in the SZ since I didn't see anything overly egregious outside of it. So I pinged a buddy that was a SZ participant. He sent me a few examples of FC's then recent posts. I read them and was amazed that anyone could be this vile even from the safety of the internet keyboard...

Here are just a few of the gems:

"I HOPE you remember that stupid comment when someone is pistol whipping your communist a**, someday."

"Nope. you're the problem. Your hatred of everything white blinds you to everything true. Your jealous rage, unfocused jealousy, and make believe moral high ground, are combined into a parody of an adult trying to make a credible argument, it is all about skin color to you and nothing else, which makes you the f***** racist."

To a female member:
"Something tells me you have serious psychological problems, that include some type of gender, or sexual confusion, based on your hatred of men.
that's it, isn't it? You've got a bone for me.
Sorry to disabuse you of your fantasies, but I only do it with female humans."

Any questions as to why the SZ is going away? The MC has stated from the beginning that they don't have the time nor desire to moderate it...but it continues to consume vast amounts of their time because of over the top hatred being spewed.

And lastly...

...if the demise of the spin zone really really upsets you. I think you might want to re-evaluate your priorities in life...back slowly away from the keyboard...go fly...or at least realize that the world isn't inside the computer screen. The sun is still shining out there!

Occasionally I've seen "Take it the SZ" on a thread. Is that what is called spill into 'hangar talk'?

:dunno:

The spill is what occurred BEFORE someone says "take it to SZ". It is intensely annoying to be reading a thread, then someone from the SZ decides to inject some political commentary (usually along with a personal attack) for no other reason than they want to make some stupid point they were debating in the SZ. That is the spill over.

Last edited:
add 'don't care' button and i'll vote.

And, for a case in point of vitriol...in this case IN the SZ. I didn't understand why X got banned

Sounds bad. It could be that, but for the existence of the SZ, that person would have remained a civil-sounding poster to the board.

But consider that we are posting to a thread that is violating an MC rule. And your discussion of why a poster was banned would seem to violate the rule "Bans and warnings, actual or suspected, shall not be discussed on the forums."

Also, consider that you started a poll thread (now deleted) that was basically an attempt to insult me (in violation of a forum rule) - I'm not sure why you believe that shutting down the SZ is going to change anything for the better. Technically you (and I) would have been warned in private first with chapter and verse of the rules we have violated, then banned if we persisted. I have not yet been warned I've violated any rule. Anyway, I don't think the underlying problem is or can be addressed using the tools the MC is applying.

In theory (and often in practice) people can discuss politics and religion civilly - and I think that is often the case among those who know how to articulate and support their positions. It is probably the people who are unable to articulate that lose control. Sometimes through no fault of their own.

And now we have a great lesson on how to win friends and influence people.

Is the name-calling REALLY necessary?

Why would you vote if you have no opinion?

Why not? It doesn't cost anything to click a box on a poll.

A more important question is why should people with no opinion, or who are unsure, be counted. I think the answer to that is that it's misleading to say that X% of members favor a particular position when the denominator used in calculating that percentage has been reduced by not including them.

You joined in February and have posted 75 times. Maybe you should think about the people who have been here for say 8 - 10 years, but its all about you huh? :mad2:

You joined in February and have posted 75 times. Maybe you should think about the people who have been here for say 8 - 10 years, but its all about you huh? :mad2:

:rolleyes2:

I purposely never obtained permission to see the Spin Zone, as I did not want to have my experience discussing aviation tainted by idiots who were political imbeciles. I had hoped to insulate myself from nonsense I can find many other places in life.

This forum was for aviation stuff for me.

Unfortunately, I did see nonsense from m the Spin Zone in the rest of the threads. And, I did see non-political threads being "reported, needs to move to Spin Zone" comments.

And, I saw threads I was participating suddenly "disappear" as they got moved, I assume to Spin Zone.

And, based on the thin skins of some of those who are proud participants of Spin Zone, I can hardly imagine it was a healthy environment.

Hopefully the forum is now a better place.

Who is this JoseCuervo who claims never to have been in SZ, and what have you done with the JoseCuervo who posted rampantly in SZ?

Since the SZ announcement was made, many posters seem to have taken some sort of stimulant, or have been hypnotized, or something .... :lol:

Again with using FC as an excuse to close the SZ. News flash: FC has been kicked out. Come up with another scapegoat.

And if you have never been to the SZ, then how to you know that the vitriol spewed in the other forums is from SZ participants?

And when a controversial topic is started outside of the SZ, where are you going to tell them to take it?

as Jesse would say...I could care less...

I don't go to the spin zone but my beef is how those who do bring their animosities out of the spin zone with them. Some have argued that eliminating it will make the main forum less hospitable. I would argue otherwise...the vitriol in the main forums now is mostly brought in by spin zone participants.

And, for a case in point of vitriol...in this case IN the SZ. I didn't understand why FC got banned...assumed it had to be due to posts in the SZ since I didn't see anything overly egregious outside of it. So I pinged a buddy that was a SZ participant. He sent me a few examples of FC's then recent posts. I read them and was amazed that anyone could be this vile even from the safety of the internet keyboard...

Here are just a few of the gems:

"I HOPE you remember that stupid comment when someone is pistol whipping your communist a**, someday."

"Nope. you're the problem. Your hatred of everything white blinds you to everything true. Your jealous rage, unfocused jealousy, and make believe moral high ground, are combined into a parody of an adult trying to make a credible argument, it is all about skin color to you and nothing else, which makes you the f***** racist."

To a female member:
"Something tells me you have serious psychological problems, that include some type of gender, or sexual confusion, based on your hatred of men.
that's it, isn't it? You've got a bone for me.
Sorry to disabuse you of your fantasies, but I only do it with female humans."

Any questions as to why the SZ is going away? The MC has stated from the beginning that they don't have the time nor desire to moderate it...but it continues to consume vast amounts of their time because of over the top hatred being spewed.

And lastly...

...if the demise of the spin zone really really upsets you. I think you might want to re-evaluate your priorities in life...back slowly away from the keyboard...go fly...or at least realize that the world isn't inside the computer screen. The sun is still shining out there!

Wow, ya got me there! Post after post about GA dying and we need new blood so the only thing you have on me is being new? I wonder what % of your posts have been similar attempts at insult. Quantity != quality.

No it's not about me, it's about the MC and the majority who currently agree with me based on the current results of your own poll.

You certainly are digging deep to find things to be offended about.

Sounds bad. It could be that, but for the existence of the SZ, that person would have remained a civil-sounding poster to the board.

But consider that we are posting to a thread that is violating an MC rule. And your discussion of why a poster was banned would seem to violate the rule "Bans and warnings, actual or suspected, shall not be discussed on the forums."

Also, consider that you started a poll thread (now deleted) that was basically an attempt to insult me (in violation of a forum rule) - I'm not sure why you believe that shutting down the SZ is going to change anything for the better. Technically you (and I) would have been warned in private first with chapter and verse of the rules we have violated, then banned if we persisted. I have not yet been warned I've violated any rule. Anyway, I don't think the underlying problem is or can be addressed using the tools the MC is applying.

In theory (and often in practice) people can discuss politics and religion civilly - and I think that is often the case among those who know how to articulate and support their positions. It is probably the people who are unable to articulate that lose control. Sometimes through no fault of their own.

Big mistake by the MC to announce the impending execution. That's the kind of stuff that has to be done at the break of dawn without prior announcement. Now we have another 2 months of upheaval to look forward to. Had they just deleted it, the butthurt would have subsided after 3 days.

Beechtalk had a political thread. Same problem as spinzone, people couldn't keep the heated discussions restricted to the political thread and it bled out into the greater forum. The owners just deleted the thread and fixed the problem.

Beechtalk had a political thread. Same problem as spinzone, people couldn't keep the heated discussions restricted to the political thread and it bled out into the greater forum. The owners just deleted the thread and fixed the problem.

But wait...

That can't be...

The self proclaimed experts here insist that the problem will only get worse, not better, if the SZ is deleted...

They're experts. They can't possibly be wrong.

Thanks a lot for bursting my bubble, Weilke, now I've lost all faith in humanity.

:goofy:

You certainly are digging deep to find things to be offended about.

Eh? I'm not offended by anything (except cheap wine.) I guess my writing has gone to hell if you drew that conclusion.

Let me try again in a different way:
If the MC rigorously enforced all the Rules of Conduct so that they warned and then banned members who violated the rules, you would be among the first to go based on the posts you've made recently. You'd ironically be a victim of the very group that you are strongly defending.

But none of your posts or insults have offended me. It's a pity your poll thread got canned. I thought it was amusing how it turned out.

Any reply that I might have for the OP would be in violation of the Rules of Conduct.

Back