Spin Zone Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffDG

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
JeffDG
Can I ask why the MC has refused to comment on whether Spin Zone content will be available after the start of the year?

Is there no room in your "Core Values" for respectfully answering a question that has been posed by members who have contributed approximately 1/3 of the content of this forum, and that has been proposed in the most humble and respectful manner?

I fully expect our Lords and Masters to delete this post shortly.

Jeff, if you posted it in SZ, we probably just didn't read it. Reporting your post, as you did, is the first I've seen of it, and I'm sure that's the case for the rest of the MC as well.

Jeff, if you posted it in SZ, we probably just didn't read it. Reporting your post, as you did, is the first I've seen of it, and I'm sure that's the case for the rest of the MC as well.

Well, you guys banned all discussion about the shuttering of the SZ from outside the SZ.

People have been asking since day 1 about this.

I guess "Respect" is a one-way street.

Your post also makes a powerful point: Nobody from the MC even reads the SZ, so why is it that it's such a massive burden that you had to get rid of it.

Because: Reasons

Your post also makes a powerful point: Nobody from the MC even reads the SZ, so why is it that it's such a massive burden that you had to get rid of it.

Because: Reasons

Do you read anything?
The main point made was spill over in to non sz.

Do you read anything?
The main point made was spill over in to non sz.

Yeah, that was pretty much debunked, then they switched over to the "Core Values" nonsense and stopped responding to reasonable questions.

If it was spillover, then the appropriate remedy would be dealing with those doing the spilling. This would be like if you robbed a convenience store, and they threw you, your family, and everyone you knew into jail. Guilt by association has a long history among tyrants.

Yeah, that was pretty much debunked, then they switched over to the "Core Values" nonsense and stopped responding to reasonable questions.

If it was spillover, then the appropriate remedy would be dealing with those doing the spilling. This would be like if you robbed a convenience store, and they threw you, your family, and everyone you knew into jail. Guilt by association has a long history among tyrants.

Won't help to argue with Bryan, he's one of those Progressives that likes the opposition to be squelched.

Won't help to argue with Bryan, he's one of those Progressives that likes the opposition to be squelched.

I've seen plenty of so-called "conservatives" trying to squelch the opposition.

Does any one believe the moderators of this forum would expect the populace here to discuss any subject in a civil fashion ? and comply with the rules of the forum on any topic.

IF you are adult and civil people, why do we need the SZ?

Does any one believe the moderators of this forum would expect the populace here to discuss any subject in a civil fashion ? and comply with the rules of the forum on any topic.

IF you are adult and civil people, why do we need the SZ?

Because politics and religion are verboten outside of the SZ. Until they aren't.

Because politics and religion are verboten outside of the SZ. Until they aren't.

Until that is corrected, what would you have us do?

Violate the rules?

And, since, of course, the MC will not act in an arbitrary or capricious way, the precedent has been set that if topics wander into verboten topics, the forum is to be shut down.

If you like your Hangar Talk, you can keep your Hangar Talk.

attachment.php

:yes:

:rofl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 182
Maintaining a chat website is a huge amount of work; an unappreciated burden with zero pay.

It is not my website, it is not yours. It is someone else's. They get to run it the way they want.

I am fine with whatever they decide to do with their website.
If I don't like it, I am free to go elsewhere.

Maintaining a chat website is a huge amount of work; an unappreciated burden with zero pay.

It is not my website, it is not yours. It is someone else's. They get to run it the way they want.

I'm always amused when "conservatives" and/or "libertarians" overlook that basic point about private property rights.

True enough. Until they ban me, I'm free to point out that their "reasons" are pre textual at best, complete bull**** more likely.

Here's a question: Why does an aviation website, which the discussions are routinely aviation oriented, need to have a political/religious rant forum?

Does any of the political/religious rant forums (elsewhere) have an aviation sub forum?

We could move this whole forum to FaceBook.

Here's a question: Why does an aviation website, which the discussions are routinely aviation oriented, need to have a political/religious rant forum?

Does any of the political/religious rant forums (elsewhere) have an aviation sub forum?

I've been wondering this for a long time. I mean, I like to talk about scuba diving too, why isn't there a scuba diving sub forum her at POA?

I wonder if people realize they can frequent more than one web forum. I mean, what's wrong with going to POA to chat about aviation, and then onto obamahatesbabies.com or whatever and rant about whatever it is you people rant about?

This thread should be moved to the spin zone.

I've been wondering this for a long time. I mean, I like to talk about scuba diving too, why isn't there a scuba diving sub forum her at POA?

I wonder if people realize they can frequent more than one web forum. I mean, what's wrong with going to POA to chat about aviation, and then onto obamahatesbabies.com or whatever and rant about whatever it is you people rant about?

You have a lot of ratings, so obviously you've been around the patch a few times. So please answer this question: when you're hangar flying, sitting around the hangar drinking a few beers with the guys and gals, do you ONLY talk about flying?

You have a lot of ratings, so obviously you've been around the patch a few times. So please answer this question: when you're hangar flying, sitting around the hangar drinking a few beers with the guys and gals, do you ONLY talk about flying?

Yes, because the last thing I want to hear are my hangar neighbor's opinions of Obama or Trump, or global warming, or... I'll ask them how their family is, but when they start going off about how the government is trying to kill them through Medicare, I'll gently try to steer the topic back to flying.

My wife can attest to the fact that when I'm at the airport, I waste a lot of time talking about planes and flying. Not about politics or religion. Yuck.

Should be noted you can talk only about planes at the hanger and also everywhere else ;)

How does that not apply to hangar talk?

How does that not apply to hangar talk?

If you could have people act like adults, perhaps, but not likely.

If political/religious talk is your thing, there are many forums out there that cater to that crowd.

Why insist a forum (such as this) have a sub forum unrelated to the topic? :dunno:

yeah....yeah...

pot_calls_kettle_black.jpg

If political/religious talk is your thing, there are many forums out there that cater to that crowd.

Why insist a forum (such as this) have a sub forum unrelated to the topic? :dunno:

It was such a burden that a simple question, asked repeatedly by members for months, and nobody on the MC was even aware of the question.

Wow, that's some serious burden it's imposing on people.

Honestly, they want to get rid of it, fine. But their "reasons" have been disingenuous, and until they ban me, I am free to point out the fact that the MC has been less than forthright with the people who generate 1/3 of the content here.

All conversations must adhere to my personal interpretation of civility, otherwise, instead of ignoring said conversation, I will complain and complain and complain. Because, you know, conflict doesn't happen in real life, and when it does, well, it makes me uncomfortable and I need, I mean need, to be comfortable. La, la, la, la.

It was such a burden that a simple question, asked repeatedly by members for months, and nobody on the MC was even aware of the question.

Wow, that's some serious burden it's imposing on people.

Honestly, they want to get rid of it, fine. But their "reasons" have been disingenuous, and until they ban me, I am free to point out the fact that the MC has been less than forthright with the people who generate 1/3 of the content here.

Fair enough.

And, I'll note for the record, the question has STILL not been actually answered. Why is this question so contentious? It's pretty straightforward.

And, I'll note for the record, the question has STILL not been actually answered. Why is this question so contentious? It's pretty straightforward.
You know that's the second time that you've responded to Troy's post in this thread. You have your own idea about what the reason is, so you will not accept any of ours. Furthermore, you have made it your mission to be a PITA. We get it.

You know that's the second time that you've responded to Troy's post in this thread. You have your own idea about what the reason is, so you will not accept any of ours. Furthermore, you have made it your mission to be a PITA. We get it.

Ahhh, ok, so asking a simple question is being a PITA.

Pointing out that that question has yet to be answered is being a PITA.

Calling out disingenuousness is being a PITA.

Ahhh, ok, so asking a simple question is being a PITA.

Pointing out that that question has yet to be answered is being a PITA.

Calling out disingenuousness is being a PITA.
Would you like me to share a thread from the SZ outlining what you are planning?

Would you like me to share a thread from the SZ outlining what you are planning?

Go right ahead, but first, please advise how that "Builds a community" or did you just make up a new Core Value? I thought the whole problem was SZ stuff "spilling out" into the rest of the forum, but I guess it's OK if a MC member does it, because "Consistency" and all.

For reference, I encouraged people to "Report Post" items that have no aviation content, and thus violate our Lords and Master's new "Core Values" that was their "reason" for shutting down the Spin Zone. I guess calling out the hypocricy of the ruling clique is being a PITA.

Now, seeing as you have now admitted that you read the SZ, why was this simple question (will spin zone posts be available after the start of the year) not answered, either "when asked" shortly after the announcement, or indeed until now.

It's a pretty simple question.

Jeff's snarkiness aside, he has brought up 2 pretty points:

1. Why aren't we getting an answer?
2. Since we were banned from asking questions about the Spin Zone's closure outside of Spin Zone, how were we supposed to get these types of answers?

I know y'all didn't want to read the spin Zone, but I don't think it is unreasonable to monitor it for these types of questions after announcing it's departure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back