Southwest Slip

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/07/southwest-flight-skids-off-taxiway-in-maryland.html

Love the on-board experts lending their sage input

"A passenger on the plane also claimed that the pilot attributed the incident to an “icy spot” on the taxiway, though she wasn't convinced that was accurate."

and

"“What was pilot thinking? Hitting the throttle before making the turn with only grass in front of him?!” wrote Instagram user Donna Edmonds."

Donna Edmonds sounds like she should be CNN's next aviation consultant

I wonder if the pilot really did "hit the throttle" he was attempting to use maybe asymmetric thrust to make the turn, maybe feeling that the nose gear was slipping?

I do not understand why news organizations quote Instagram and Twitter posters. It seldom adds value and just displays the ignorance that permeates our society these days.

I do not understand why news organizations quote Instagram and Twitter posters. It seldom adds value and just displays the ignorance that permeates our society these days.
Totally. It's just lazy reporting. Historically you would have found a somewhat intelligent looking passenger and asked some questions.. maybe did a sanity check for "does this make reasonable sense?" and then posted something you were proud of. These days it seems like any loser can be a "journalist" since the job basically just requires that you sit on social media all day and look for the most click-bait type fodder for the masses

Looks wet anyway. I wonder if an ‘anti-ice runup’ contributed in any way? It was rather cool out.

Anyway, seems relatively minor. They will just have to start the Jamaican vacation with a little ‘binge’ drinking, with the slightly late arrival.

When you use the Twitter twits as a source, pax who couldn't even see out the windshield, fail --> fake news.

Actually it's not even fake news, that implys effort, it's incompetent news.

You seem to want to believe that the "news" people are any less ignorant, incompetent or lazy than the people posting to social media. I have seen no evidence to support that.
"Social Media is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
-PAFlyer

Totally. It's just lazy reporting. Historically you would have found a somewhat intelligent looking passenger and asked some questions.. maybe did a sanity check for "does this make reasonable sense?" and then posted something you were proud of. These days it seems like any loser can be a "journalist" since the job basically just requires that you sit on social media all day and look for the most click-bait type fodder for the masses
Hopefully Rich won't look at the pictures.

Unfortunately that one went over my head

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/07/southwest-flight-skids-off-taxiway-in-maryland.html

Love the on-board experts lending their sage input

"A passenger on the plane also claimed that the pilot attributed the incident to an “icy spot” on the taxiway, though she wasn't convinced that was accurate."

and

"“What was pilot thinking? Hitting the throttle before making the turn with only grass in front of him?!” wrote Instagram user Donna Edmonds."

Donna Edmonds sounds like she should be CNN's next aviation consultant

These are the kind people who need to be shown the door.
At 30,000 ft.

S outhwest pilot: You might tell your mechanic that I've got three million miles in the air / Joe Patroni: And two and a half feet into the ground

S outhwest pilot: You might tell your mechanic that I've got three million miles in the air / Joe Patroni: And two and a half feet into the ground
"We're goin' for broke!"

Headed to Jamaica.

As one comment says...the pilot's not supposed to be smoking weed until he gets there!

A: Because if they don't, someone else will. B: Because reporting staffs have been decimated, and they don't have the manpower to send someone out to get a story most of the time.

Consumers are hungry for all the content they can get, but they're not willing to pay for it. The great irony of the information age is that while we're producing more "news" articles through more outlets than ever, there is even less of a job market for reporters and writers.

Last edited:
Because if they didn't, we'd miss most of what the POTUS says.

Well, you do have a point there. :lol:

And missing anything any politician, anywhere, says, at any time, would be a negative in what way? LOL.

I’m just amazed at how many people have truly unhealthy obsessions with politicians and “the news”.

Back