Southeast SCBC options, Triple Tree SC00 8/22/2021

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I'd suggest the SCBC this coming Sunday (7/11/2021) at KCUB but a certain something-that-is-not-to-be-discussed ain't looking so good, so what about hitting up Triple Tree, one of the greatest grass strips around (other than all those other great grass strips) on 8/22 ?

@TRocket
@RDUPilot
@RyanB
@Dave Theisen
@Grum.Man
@N659HB
@EppyGA
@FlySince9
@flyingron
@Velocity173
@bflynn
@falconkidding
@Bill Watson
@dell30rb
@Kelvin
@midlifeflyer
@bluerooster
@Radar Contact
@Lance F
@FORANE
@Bill
@Morgan3820
@Tflhndn
@Concorde
@Fearless Tower
@wayne
@mulligan
@Flocker
@FastEddieB
@kyleb
@Matthew K
@Cluemeister
@write-stuff
@BrianNC
@tree96
@Hang 4
@TheFB
@av8npa
@Tarheelpilot
@Carolinaflyer
@kc4wsd
@RonS
@Doug Reid
@Possum
@Greenhead
@mcmanigle
@CJones
@MtPJimB
@Tdaf22
@7_Zero_Whiskey
@scarcherpilot
@simtech

if you like flying, and you like, um, breakfast, then this could be the fly-in for you! or not, of course.

also, I dunno if any mod is bored but there are some members names who aren't showing up. any way to confirm if they are no longer registered? a guy like @Ronbonjovi isn't showing up and I'd be surprised if he left and deleted his profile. I know some guys got the boot, like skydog, but some others I'd be a little surprised at. anyways, I cleaned up the list of people, these are ones I can't find anymore:

ronbonjovi
skydog
spajc
bstickleycos
ryanlikesflying
tylerSC
Lee Carwell
Brian A Johns
2Airtime2
groovyone789
nosehair
Ben Diss
Hank S
MarcoDA40
Jack C-137
Charles Nettleman III
Tony Long
CltFlyBoy
SCFlyboy

thanks!

Is there one there this weekend? The website says the next one at SC00 is Aug 22. This weekend is at CUB.

Adding @WannFly . He's moved to Atlanta.

Triple Tree might be possible. This weekend we have plans, if Elsa doesn't make a mess of them.

There's a Canard fly-in at FFC the day before that too; Falcon Field, Peachtree City.

ron, look at the schedule.......7/11 at kcub, 8/22 at sc00, not that complicated.
Sorry, I misparsed your original statement with the "not to be discussed" phrase in the middle of it.

Took hull coverage off this year, maybe plan a visit when I win the lottery.

Amazingly, I have nothing scheduled yet for that weekend. Put me down as a definite maybe, depending on weather….

Would love to go to the SCBC events - just wish they held them on Sat morning instead of Sunday.

I am good for this Sunday for KCUB...

Club prohibits any planes on grass... :(

Wx and house hunting permitting I am in

I’m game. Never made one before. Hoping for VFRish WX.

one month til triple tree SCBC. but also, KSPA is this sunday, as another potential option.

one month til triple tree SCBC. but also, KSPA is this sunday, as another potential option.

That might be an option. Weather forecast for this Sunday is decent; for what those are worth three days out.

wayne I'm leaning towards trying to wake my ass up early on sunday and heading on down there. so right now I'm a solid maybe+.

Airplane is out of commission, can’t make it! :(

wayne I'm leaning towards trying to wake my ass up early on sunday and heading on down there. so right now I'm a solid maybe+.

Wow, a solid maybe+. :cool:

I'm planning on it. Need to test out the AP. Had a new pressure transducer put in a week ago. One of the partners noticed the AP hold altitude well down low, but not so well up high; it did work well for me on the way back from Pueblo, but otherwise that is the trend. I flew it for Young Eagles last weekend, but that was all down low. Weather has been a mess since. I need to get up to 10k or more and see how it does. I have an Angel Flight planned for Monday, so I could test it out then.

Cant make this one.. I have some family in town.

Take some nice photos for those who will attend.

I am a solid May be right now. Haven’t flown in a while, flew last night and the viz was terrible and so were my “arrivals”. If I get back to my proficiency level, I will do the grass. If not, next time

I am a solid May be right now. Haven’t flown in a while, flew last night and the viz was terrible and so were my “arrivals”. If I get back to my proficiency level, I will do the grass. If not, next time

This Sunday (July 25) is at SPA, with a paved runway.

Next month (August 22) is at SC00 - Triple Tree, on a grass runway.

About the viz, welcome to summer time in the southeast. :(

This Sunday (July 25) is at SPA, with a paved runway.

Next month (August 22) is at SC00 - Triple Tree, on a grass runway.

About the viz, welcome to summer time in the southeast. :(

Ahh, I should probably read the post before responded lol. Let me check if I can do this Sunday

Ahh, I should probably read the post before responded lol. Let me check if I can do this Sunday

Been there, done that. :oops:

I also know I’m not always clear, so I made sure to clear it up with another post.

Been there, done that. :oops:

I also know I’m not always clear, so I made sure to clear it up with another post.

Negative on this Sunday. I have been informed that we are going drapes shopping…. I don’t even know what the heck those are …. Sigh

Just make sure they match the carpet!
i have recently been notified that there are 2 kind of carpets that are "required". one that goes over the hardwood floor, and there is some other kind that goes on top of that said carpet. :yikes:

Well, so much for that forecast. Shot the ILS5 into SPA. Automated weather was going back and forth between 400' scattered and 400' broken and then overcast another 1,000' up.

We were holding at FRIST at layered altitudes for the approach.

Big line of people, which is good to see with the weather.

Wayne

Negative on this Sunday. I have been informed that we are going drapes shopping…. I don’t even know what the heck those are …. Sigh

Isn’t it weird? They wouldn’t trust you to go buy them yourself which means they don’t trust your opinion. But they will insist that you come along and give your opinion.

When my asks me about her clothes these days I remind her that she doesn’t trust me to pick out my own clothing, why would she trust me to tell her about hers. There is zero chance I’m ever going drapes shopping unless I’m given a stock number and I’m just buying them.

Back