Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by RDUPilot, Dec 17, 2019.
I fly outta VPC. 5 miles outside the ring.
I may have an open seat. I'll know more as we get closer to the event. PS - I'm out of PDK.
I made plans to borrow a plane, but maybe I’ll make Greta happy and hitch a ride with you.
My plane's transponder just failed a check, so it's grounded until I can find a used KT76 and install it.
I'm going to try to hitchhike.
If you can get to CVC, I can save you a seat.
I'm going as well and the plane is based at RYY. Lance has a spiffier ride in his 414. I'm flying a SR22.
Looks like rain in the forecast for Saturday here in Atlanta.
Here too, with winds 10-20mph...
Will wait til about 24hrs prior to make my call.
Supposed to ferry an aircraft from Greenville Friday. I don’t see that happening.
AM rain in Atlanta on Saturday, but not in the forecast for Greenville. Greenville has partly cloudy in the day going to clear at night.
Lows Friday night / Saturday morning is in the mid 50's. That should take ice out of the equation below 10k'.
Short of ice or t-storms I'm planning on going, and I don't see either in the current forecast. Lance is probably in the same category and I think some others are riding with him.
This is true, although so far no one has confirmed they want to go with me. I just don’t want to be the only plane up there.
Mine is about to go into the shop to get the tailbeacon installed. If it's out and wx is good, I'm game.
Updated ATL forecast: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. West wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
I'll be riding along with Wayne, hope weather holds up so we can have a good crowd. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Looks like I'm out either way. Had an alternator or voltage regulator problem yesterday.
No way to tell at our end. Current forecast is cloudy with 60% percent chance of rain, but with a clearing trend. I guess a lot depends on what happens tomorrow - whether the system moves through quickly or slows down.
Looking at the current weather prognostications I don't even think I'll get an approach in, certainly not one that counts for currency. Well, unless I wear a view limiting device, but I'm not planning on doing that.
Winds look like they could make the landings sporty, but also look mostly lined up with the runways at RYY and GMU. Again, all in the forecasts.
@MarkH I have a used KT76 on hand if you're still looking. Can bring it on Saturday if you will be there. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Updated ATL Forecast: A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 46 by 5pm. West wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
I'm guessing there will be an AIRMET Tango covering the area...
Sunday's forecast looks promising. Anyone open to moving this event to Sunday?
IF the majority is in favor I am fine with it. Just have to make sure folks are aware. I am fine with either way. People need to chime in quickly...
FYI: Sunday has the South Carolina Breakfast Club, so I am not sure how the logistics is with them starting at 9am and us starting at noon.
This is the Greenville forecast for tomorrow.
Chance of a morning shower. Partly cloudy skies. High 61F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.
That pretty much seems to be the forecast for the whole area from Atlanta to Greenville. Chance of rain, partly cloudy and high winds.
I'm out. Expected ceilings are well below my personal XC minimums. Not scud running for 150 miles.
I'm out on Sunday, tomorrow we will just have to see how things go. Landings will be spirited, but that's been par for the course most of this winter.
I'm not available Sunday.
I'm doing an Angel Flight mission on Sunday, so no-go for me on that option.
It will be windy, enough that there may be turbulence, but it's lined up fairly well with runways at RYY and GMU.
KATL 031747Z 0318/0424 VRB03KT 4SM -RADZ BR BKN005 OVC025
TEMPO 0318/0321 P6SM -RA SCT006 BKN025
FM032100 28006KT 6SM -RA BR SCT010 BKN020
FM040600 24006KT 4SM -RADZ BR OVC008
FM041500 27014G22KT P6SM VCSH SCT012 BKN025
FM041900 29018G28KT P6SM SCT040 BKN250
KGMU 031743Z 0318/0418 VRB03KT 1SM -SHRA BR BKN003 BKN025
FM041200 23008KT 5SM BR VCSH BKN008
FM041500 24012G20KT P6SM BKN018
Waiting until the 00z TAFs to come out, although it’s looking unlikely for me.
I’m out fellas.
Those who go, take pics for us!
Sorry guys, I have to bail for a family commitment. Catch you for the next one.
Question remains do we have enough folks that are able to show up tomorrow????
When should we call it officially?
Looks like I'm out for tomorrow also
Dave excluded since it’s a family thing.
I’m still planning on going. Right now it looks like I won’t get a approach in at either end, at least not for currency. Might start one at GMU, maybe, but not in the clouds by the FAF.
Get working on that IR boys!
Planning on knocking out the IPC when the lane comes out of annual.
You know, I didn't realize how close Atlanta is!
I’ve got a last minute hall pass! I can go grab a plane at PDK, or @wayne , if you have an empty seat, I could meet you at RYY.
Right now I'm at three and only ~135 lbs of payload left. Sorry.
I’m leaning towards not going based on the weather (freezing level) and having to cross the mountains. I’ll re-evaluate in the morning.
Looking bad my way as well. Freezing level low and forecast for marginal VFR all day here.