Southeast PoA, getting hungry? KDKX 6/2

I’ll be flying north ,that day,may be able to deviate if the weather is good.

Have plane booked, but my airport may be OTS due to paving. If so maybe I’ll mooch a ride with @Ryanb or will ride the motorcycle.
Walked out there yesterday evening. Sign on the door, if I recall correctly, said it will be closed from the 7th-24th, so you may be back in business if everything goes as scheduled.

If not, you’re welcome to mooch. :)

Looks like my wife and I are a for sure in. If @mscard88 don't hurry up and confirm I'm going to stop by on my way, take him sky diving, then on up to TN.

Anyone flying from the lower part of Georgia? I could drive a couple hours and meet at a airport & share flight costs with someone but renting the local flight school's plane is too expensive for this soon to be college student's wallet atm.

How far south? If I go I would be flying out of KOPN, Thomaston.

@eman1200 What time? I assume around lunch? I'll go ahead and book the plane and see how it goes.

......@eman1200 What time? I assume around lunch? I'll go ahead and book the plane and see how it goes.

Sure, noon sounds good.

Don’t forget, we’ll most likely be ubering there so give yourself an extra 20 minutes for that. The restaurant is only 3.5 miles from KDKX. Hopefully we can go in groups as people arrive.

I’m in. I’ll be coming from KHTS

How far south? If I go I would be flying out of KOPN, Thomaston.

@eman1200 What time? I assume around lunch? I'll go ahead and book the plane and see how it goes.
I'm just about as far south and east as you can get in Georgia. KOPN is a 3 hour drive for me :(

Sure, noon sounds good.

Don’t forget, we’ll most likely be ubering there so give yourself an extra 20 minutes for that. The restaurant is only 3.5 miles from KDKX. Hopefully we can go in groups as people arrive.

Just thought of another question: how much time to slot for the eating part since I'm flying a club plane and need to know how much time to book. Usually a couple of hours?

Just thought of another question: how much time to slot for the eating part since I'm flying a club plane and need to know how much time to book. Usually a couple of hours?

hard to say, that's mostly up to you. people stay for as long as they can stay for. some later than others. if you need to eat and run, go for it. if u can hang, that's cool too. if u have to have the plane back by a certain time, again that'll fall into your planning.

If the swift is back, I am in. Waiting on a hydraulic pump. Shop promised it would be ready in one month.. in February.

If that does not happen I may be soliciting rides. Eman you are right to point out those towers.

If the swift is back, I am in. Waiting on a hydraulic pump. Shop promised it would be ready in one month.. in February.

If that does not happen I may be soliciting rides. Eman you are right to point out those towers.
I might be able to give you a ride there if someone can give you a lift back.

One more to try for . . . . Mark me a maybe, I'm outa town right now and unsure how long Mom-in-law will visit (2 week minimum).

I’m a strong maybe. I’m in Knoxville and could give a ride to a few others as long as I stay in town that weekend.

Wow you South Easterners are impressive. The South West guys don't ever meet up.

That's okay though...I consider myself to be a one man wolf pack.

That's not true. Remember that time we (Walt, @Walboy, Jeff, @Pilawt Tim, @CT4ME and I) all met at Marana for breakfast that day? Remember when Tim told us stories of the radio station and Walt brought his interesting friend Ranjit along, and Jeff brought his wife and I had the pancakes....oh <snaps fingers> of course not, you weren't there. You had to get your toenails buffed or your legs waxed or some chit. ;)

But you're right, sadly we don't meet up all that much and it is getting hotter and bumpier by the day.

Last edited:
ktys approach is super friendly if you need to talk to them to get to dkx conveniently. Runway 8 is prefered calm wind rwy and fly final offset a bit down the river.

That's not true. Remember that time we (Walt, @Walboy, Jeff, @Pilawt Tim, @CT4ME and I) all met at Marana for breakfast that day? Remember when Tim told us stories of the radio station and Walt brought his interesting friend Ranjit along, and Jeff brought his wife and I had the pancakes....oh <snaps fingers> of course not, you weren't there. You had to get your toenails buffed or your legs waxed or some chit. ;)

But you're right, sadly we don't meet up all that much and it is getting hotter and bumpier by the day.

Lol yea I missed that ONE time! I can’t remember what I was doing...

I guess we gotta go to one of those crazy back country strips that Walboy likes...like Kearny :p

Yep nice and hot...I gotta get to 250 hours so I’m flying a few days after work and dealing with the heat. Not looking forward to summer.

But yea like I said...one man wolf pack.

I'm out. I have a commitment that evening.

couple of updates:

1) it's almost happy hour and eman is fixin to have a tasty cold adult beverage.

2) KDKX has plenty of tie downs for us and they do have fuel. they also have monster towers WNW of the field, please see post #59.

3) I got a hold of one of the local marinas and am working with the guy to shuttle us to and from the restaurant in pontoon boats. he's gonna go scope out the airport but the FBO actually said a guy used to shuttle people in boats to the football games so I think this would be a pretty cool option. he threw out $100 to get everyone there and back, even if it took a coupl'a trips each way, but that's not set in stone yet. he'll have more info after he scopes out the situation. would everyone be willing to chip in for that? I mean it's either pay for a cool boat ride or pay for uber, figure a boat ride would be fun.

3) I got a hold of one of the local marinas and am working with the guy to shuttle us to and from the restaurant in pontoon boats. would everyone be willing to chip in for that? I mean it's either pay for a cool boat ride or pay for uber, figure a boat ride would be fun.

Sure. I mean, PoA on a pontoon boat, what could go wrong?

I'm in for the boat ride. Nobody got a choppa that could take us to the restaurant?

couple of updates:

1) it's almost happy hour and eman is fixin to have a tasty cold adult beverage.

2) KDKX has plenty of tie downs for us and they do have fuel. they also have monster towers WNW of the field, please see post #59.

3) I got a hold of one of the local marinas and am working with the guy to shuttle us to and from the restaurant in pontoon boats. he's gonna go scope out the airport but the FBO actually said a guy used to shuttle people in boats to the football games so I think this would be a pretty cool option. he threw out $100 to get everyone there and back, even if it took a coupl'a trips each way, but that's not set in stone yet. he'll have more info after he scopes out the situation. would everyone be willing to chip in for that? I mean it's either pay for a cool boat ride or pay for uber, figure a boat ride would be fun.

There is a single boat launch right next to the parking lot at DKX by the FBO. I’ve never checked it out but I would guess it’s got a small dock for getting on and off.

67F37C55-9A12-441F-BECF-FF334D1FB4C0.jpeg
Was just down the road today.

Back