Something even worse than drones!

And the next question is:

Should Canada Geese be registered with C or N prefix?

Yeah, but turtles rarely break the 1' AGL mark. This is like hitting a pothole. Still don't want drones flying anywhere near where I am.

I actually graduated high school with Eli. Smart kid, but was always too full of himself. I called him out about his turtle argument, essentially reminding him turtles aren't normally found in the sky without being propelled there by some other source (outside of Super Mario Brothers anyway), and thus do not incur damage to engines or airfoils as readily as a drone could. I have yet to receive a reply.

It's legal to shoot them here. Y'all come.

How many turtles have shut down airspace during critical incidents and increased property damage?

flying-turtle-83878867574.jpeg

It's an unpopular activity, much like smoking. The smoking laws go way beyond any sane public health aspects. For example, they've banned e-cigs in many situations for no other reason that PEOPLE HATE SMOKERS no matter how little risk they pose to others.

It's an unpopular activity, much like smoking. The smoking laws go way beyond any sane public health aspects. For example, they've banned e-cigs in many situations for no other reason that PEOPLE HATE SMOKERS no matter how little risk they pose to others.

Saw a report on vaping ..... I do not want to be around them any more than cigs. Only diff is they smell good. They are still very harmful. This report focused on popcorn lung.

How many turtles have shut down airspace during critical incidents and increased property damage?
Zero. Same as the number of drones that have shut down airspace during critical incidents. Neither drones nor turtles have that power. And the fact that people overreact to drones--but not turtles--and shut down airspace is, I think, the point of the article.

If you don't like turtles, how about geese? How many firefighting operations have been called off because of geese in the area?

Zero. Same as the number of drones that have shut down airspace during critical incidents. Neither drones nor turtles have that power. And the fact that people overreact to drones--but not turtles--and shut down airspace is, I think, the point of the article.

If you don't like turtles, how about geese? How many firefighting operations have been called off because of geese in the area?

Spewing venom without doing your due dillegence just makes you look dumb. Google is your friend. And yes, your are totally full of it. Start with the Lake Fire in SoCal and then go from there.

FWIW, I see this as a very similar issue as lasers. Lasers have been around for quite some time, even accessible to any retard with enough cash for most of that time. RC aircraft have also been around for a long time, but before you know it, some hockey helmet candidate will fly one "because he/she can" with no regard for where they are and what they are doing, and some schlep and/or their passenger(s) will pay for it for being on final...

I didn't give two figs about drones for a long time. Even used to fly model airplanes when I was a kid.

Then I turned on the tv and recognized some photos of a view I'm very familiar with (over lake maumelle looking towards pinnical mountain- an Arkansas state park). Knowing this is also a tight VFR corridor between the KLIT class C and some military restricted areas I was wondering what pilot took the shots. Nope, it was a drone.

The thrill of getting the shot and the ease of getting in the air has made these things very popular. The only difference: I have family on board. Also, I regularly fly with ducks in the area- they do scare me some days. The difference is they are very good at evading me.

It is fair to require the owners of these things to know the rules of flying in my airspace. Then again, maybe I'm just self centered.

Last edited:
Spewing venom without doing your due dillegence just makes you look dumb. Google is your friend. And yes, your are totally full of it. Start with the Lake Fire in SoCal and then go from there.

I didn't say that incident commanders haven't shut down operations because of drones in the area, in fact, I said exactly the opposite. But it's still the incident commanders making that decision, not the drones. I'm still waiting for examples of such operations shutting down because of geese in the area, which we all know actually take down planes.

And if you saw venom in my post, I think you misread it.

I didn't say that incident commanders haven't shut down operations because of drones in the area, in fact, I said exactly the opposite. But it's still the incident commanders making that decision, not the drones. I'm still waiting for examples of such operations shutting down because of geese in the area, which we all know actually take down planes.

And if you saw venom in my post, I think you misread it.

Don't try and play semantics and sidestep the obvious. Your myopia is transparent and diverting blame from the obvious. You don't happen to be a democrat, are you?

Don't try and play semantics and sidestep the obvious. Your myopia is transparent and diverting blame from the obvious. You don't happen to be a democrat, are you?
Mixed metaphors aside, you seem to be confusing me with someone shortsightedly arguing in favor of overreaching and unnecessary government regulation without considering the true nature of the problem, the solution, and the likely unintended consequences. ;)

Back