Something about you that not many here may know

Same here. I sang at Carnegie Hall when I was 13.
My father sang for the President but I can't remember which one.

OK, I looked it up. Based on the date it would have had to be Coolidge or Hoover.

They're fun, but the early cars were a little bipolar in the powerband dept. Sorta Civic-like at lower revs, but excellent above the VTEC transition point.

I vastly prefer the later cars with a bit more displacement, albeit with a slightly lower redline. They'd still spin to 8000 rpm, though!

For a company having pretty limited experience with RWD production cars, Honda did a fantastic job...NSX as well!
I think mine was an '05. When I sold it I went with the buyer on a test drive. He scared the **** out of me. I hadn't explored the top end as far as he did.

While I was not a General, I was once reduced to rubble by an Army General in a one sided shouting match over some perceived paratrooper jump problems on the C-17 program. He later broke his arm when hitting the ground after, up to that point, a successful jump from a C-17.

Cheers

Was it about the Jump Door Air Deflectors?

Not that smart but smart enough to realize I'm not that smart. Which sucks, envy the bliss ignorance of some.

Love to archery hunt and the outdoors.

Jack of all trades but master of none.

Blue collar income trying to chase a childhood dream.

Damn that's cool. One of my favorite pieces of choral music, but I was a lot higher tenor back then! Performed that with the University of Northern Colorado brass accompanying plus a few members of the Denver Brass visiting, and some insanely talented organ player in one of the large old churches in Denver.

Totally a blast to sing that. Would have been an honor to do it under Rutter himself. Wow.

I sing baritone. It was great singing under Rutter. He is as marvelous as his music.

My favorite piece, however, is the Faure Requiem. The Olympia Choral Society performed it last year and I sang the baritone solos. Somewhere around 750 people between the three concerts.

While I was not a General, I was once reduced to rubble by an Army General in a one sided shouting match...
Competed in a squadron lip sync contest and ended up in a tie with commanding officer and it was song I'd never heard before... LOL

Last edited:
Flying actually makes me nervous.

My proudest achievements in college were being named mud volleyball MVP in an annual school competition, and making the cover of the newspaper for snowboarding on a skateboard without wheels, shirtless, in a snow storm.

I think I may be like Bruce Willis in the movie "Unbreakable"

I've played guitar/bass since I was 13, have played in family rock band off and on for a number of years, and recorded a few songs that got a little airtime on the local radio station.

I kinda wish I could be a real Scotsman.

I eat a ridiculous amount of pizza.

Probably nobody knows I got a ride in a TBM yesterday, but I'm pretty happy about it :) Not one of those fancy-shmancy turbo-prop thingies, but a for-real OMG Grumman TBM Avenger!!! Haven't quit smiling since! Thank-you Charlie Cartledge!!!

I'd like to think it's karma for all the airplane rides Ellen and I have given over the years, but am willing to go with just dumb luck :)

Video a local newspaper took of Charlie's TBM....

Jim

Last edited:
Here's a couple tidbits:
I've won (with a partner) a couple beach volleyball tournaments.
I've played a round of golf with a (then current) PGA Tour Pro and we shot the same score.
I've had a tryout with a professional football team and made it to final cuts. (I never played in high school or college)
I've sparred with a former #1 ranked MMA fighter and knocked him down (the knockdown wasn't during our sparring matches though)
I once worked as a bouncer for a summer as a side job.

OK I'll play,

I fell in a frozen lake and drowned and was dead for 4 mins when I was 13

I have never been to the ocean

OK I'll play,

I fell in a frozen lake and drowned and was dead for 4 mins when I was 13

I have never been to the ocean

I disappeared into the waves at the beach when i was 2-3. My dad turned around for a fraction of a second. He reached into the water where he thought I would be and luckily caught a leg.

I forgot something that makes me a complete freak on this board. I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life.

I forgot something that makes me a complete freak on this board. I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life.

Lol, well I can't claim that. However, I have never smoked a single cigarette, joint, cigar, etc., so I guess that's similar. I've also never broken a bone or had a serious injury despite a decent high school career in baseball, soccer, and football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disappeared into the waves at the beach when i was 2-3. My dad turned around for a fraction of a second. He reached into the water where he thought I would be and luckily caught a leg.
My brother was attending MIT when he announced his engagement to be married. His SAE frat brothers duct taped him to a chair and dropped him into the Charles River through a hole in the ice in January. He felt the current start to take him and though he was going to die. One of the brothers was able to grab ahold of him and fish him out. Guess it wasn't his time to go.

I have never been Rhode Island.

I doubt if I will ever fly in outer space.

Back