Something about you that not many here may know

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
So that's it, tell the forum something that only the people you know personally know about you.

The thought was spawned by the 3 truth, one lie thread that was about as slow as watching grass grow..no offense to whomever started that thread. I'll go first with three things.

I played fly-half for the Air Force Rugby team for two years.
I've been a professional woodworker* for ten years.
I have identical twin daughters who thankfully look like their mother.

*I realize that there are those who may take poetic license in response to that statement and I'll laugh if it is original and funny but suffice it to say that I have tools, sawdust on the floor, tax ID and a business license.

edit: I added another

I do stained glass, yeah, real glass, with lead and or copper foil. I've sold my work, so I guess that makes me professional?
I have four children, ages 30, 26, 23 and 20.

I'll play:

I'm a pilot, scuba diver, ultra runner and I've been skydiving (once), but am very much NOT an adrenaline junky, despite always being accused otherwise.

I failed my first two driving tests, but then went 22+ years without a citation. (I got pulled over 19 times in that stretch, but never a ticket.)

I consider myself to be an introvert, despite most people thinking I'm pretty outgoing. (I'd much rather stay home than go out, but as long as I'm out I'll play along...)

Glenn I could have used you a few years ago when I built this big light for above a pool table for a client.

Marty, I'm an advanced open water diver myself (my room mate on Okinawa was a dive master that threatened to disown me if I didn't learn) but I hate diving because I have trouble clearing my ears.

Glenn I could have used you a few years ago when I built this big light for above a pool table for a client.

Marty, I'm an advanced open water diver myself (my room mate on Okinawa was a dive master that threatened to disown me if I didn't learn) but I hate diving because I have trouble clearing my ears.

Nice! My wife and I are both Rescue Divers, threatening to go Divemaster next, but don't have the free time to do it on a reasonable timeline. So wondering if we should hold off until the schedule gets a little better around here... or if the idea of a better schedule is just a pipe dream and we should just do it now.

I got spoiled learning to dive in Okinawa which is one of the best places in the world if you can live with the sea snakes. The last dive I made about 4 years ago was in the gulf of California from San Carlos, Mexico. Everything was dead, no color in the reefs, just brown and gray. But it was the first time I ever dove with sea lions and they scared the crap out of me. I'll probably never go again.

I've driven the Nurburgring Nordschleife a couple of times.
I can ride a unicycle.
I've been over Mach 1 (as pax on Concorde, JFK to Heathrow)
I like puppies. :):)

ARTCC, ZBOS
Mach 1.2, B-1B
250ft AGL, 0.9+M, NVG, B-1B
Stan EVAL, B-1B

B-52G, Nav
USAF Master Navigator, (Ret)
USAF, Flight Test (Ret)

Commandments. Broke 'em all. A little slack, though, since the ancient Aramaic was poorly translated - it says "murder", vice "kill". So not a capital crime guy.

I'm an avid shooter, I reload my .45ACP , 25/06, 270, 30:06 12, 20 and 16 gauge. But best of all my 50 cal black powder. and have a small collection of special weapons.

Not that anyone knows anything about me to begin with but, I Can ride a unicycle, juggle torches and knives and tryed out for the circus when I was 12.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

As far as I know I'm the only person to ever publish a multi-phase flow solution to the diffusivity equation. Everyone says that it is impossible to have multi-phase flow in an analytical solution to the partial differential diffusivity equation...I found a way.

Someone in Russia probably did it a long time ago as they are/were quite fond of analytical solutions while the rest of the world went finite difference. But I'm unaware of that literature.

Nobody knows that or cares much...just one of those things in life.

I won a national level award for jazz scat singing.

I am the last of my family name. It will die with me.

My kids were conceived through IVF.

I am a trained amateur boxer.

Any time I enter a writing competition, I win.

I suffered from something called "Sleep Paralysis" at least once a week for almost a decade.

I've held TS clearance, which I acquired after being offered my dream job at an Intelligence Agency. After a two year hiring and clearance process, I turned the job down to move to MA and do the first thing on this list. I regret nothing.

I have three "jobs"--I work for a pipeline group as a Pipeline integrity tech ; I work for an FBO every other weekend ; I fly a 172 at night doing aerial advertising.

I have driven from the west coast to east coast and back twice chasing love--ended up on east coast for the last 15 years.

I am the last of my family name. It will die with me.
So am I. There are others in the world with the same last name but any relative would have branched off many generations back.

I once stowed away in an empty coal car of a freight train.

So am I. There are others in the world with the same last name but any relative would have branched off many generations back.
Me too, except I don't think there is anyone else in the world with my last name (now that my parents are gone). It's a shortened form of a Polish name, and even though there are a few people around with the original name, it's relatively rare to begin with.

Most people know I teach physics, but I actually majored in music as an undergrad. Only really got into physics in grad school.

Most people know I use my plane to take my bicycle to nice places to go cyclotouring, but I'm also an avid hiker.

Hi, my name is Hank,many I'm desperately trying to settle down and grow some roots. Managed 9 years in West-by-God, Virginny before moving back South. Returning to Auburn was only the second time I've lived in the same town twice, and it was Town #21. Now I'm happily in a nice home in Town #22. Moving is tiring and has gotten old . . . and I like my current spot even if it is 20 minutes to the airport.

War Eagle! Hey!

1. I started a thread about three truths one lie that apparently has the intrigue of the lawn growth cycle for which I don't take offense. Oh wait a minute, everyone knows that.

2. I held a TS clearance and worked a battalion level S2 (intelligence) slot in an Army Infantry unit.

I dropped out of engineering to make musical instruments for about twelve years. Then I got tired of being poor and was able to get back into the profession, thanks to the jobs machine that is Silicon Valley.

I've competed in the International Science Fair. Didn't place but my girlfriend, at the time, got third in her category.

I've canoed several hundered miles in the Canadian wilderness when I was a teenager. I've also hiked a small portion of the AT.

My favorite place to be is 60' underwater slowly drifting with the current. Most peaceful place I've experienced.

I also know GIS and how to make professional maps since I was in middle school. I've taught seminars on geolocation and address finding.

- My wife breeds, raises and trains pure Spanish Andalusian horses.
- With each additional horse her husband gets bumped down one more slot in the family pecking order (the untrainable outcast).
- After I die I want to come back as one of her horses; they get treated that well.

[It's a contest to see who bankrupts the family first, her horses or my airplane]

Last edited:
As far as I know I'm the only person to ever publish a multi-phase flow solution to the diffusivity equation. Everyone says that it is impossible to have multi-phase flow in an analytical solution to the partial differential diffusivity equation...I found a way.

Someone in Russia probably did it a long time ago as they are/were quite fond of analytical solutions while the rest of the world went finite difference. But I'm unaware of that literature.

Nobody knows that or cares much...just one of those things in life.

Well Clark if you'd put that in English maybe people would care more, just saying. ;)

Another thing about me, I was adopted. My last name was Clark.

Zeldman is not my real name.

When I was 12 a friend and myself threw our bikes on a flat car then climbed on just as the train was starting to move north of Bryan, Tx. Fortunately, the train stopped at the old train stop at Texas A&M and we were able to get off and ride away as the guys in the caboose were yelling at us.

Well Clark if you'd put that in English maybe people would care more, just saying. ;)

Another thing about me, I was adopted. My last name was Clark.
It is in English...perhaps you can think of it as an opportunity to up your game...

Okay sir, I (and I would suppose most the people on this forum would have to as well) looked it up. In my line of work, " the behavior of the collective motion of micro particles in a material, resulting from the random movement of each micro particle" isn't going to come up all that much.

You said and I'm paraphrasing here, that "people don't care." Don't confuse apathy with ignorance.

Last edited:
Retired Air Force Air Traffic Controller, stationed at Moody AFB, Zweibrucken AB W.Germany (at the time), Moody AFB again, Osan AB Korea, McGuire AFB NJ, Columbus AFB MS, Eglin AFB FL, Patrick AFB FL, Abston ANGB AL as an advisor, with 2-3 stints at Keesler AFB MS for training.

Retired airline Capt 24 years, based @ ATL, flew routes in US, Bahamas, Canada, Mexico

Pilot since '74, ATP, CFII-ASMEL, a few type ratings in TurboProps & Jets

Have lived (courtesy of the Air Force) in Germany, S. Korea, Egypt
Dad was career Air Force & as a kid lived in Philippines & Japan as well as various stateside locations.

Back