Software to make/print a checklist

Artimas

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Artimas
Can anyone recommend a program for mac that would make it easy to develop checklists that look like this like this

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.58.21 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.58.21 AM.png

openoffice ?

I guess it depends on your definition of "easy"

You can actually get really clever with PowerPoint and just formatting everything onto one slide in portrait mode.. use various text boxes, make your own borders, move shapes around, add transparency

I use power point. Size it to what ever size paper you want. Use text boxes, fill and text color, etc. I print and laminate and add ring binders to it if multiple pages. I usually leave it unlaminated for a while so I can write in things as I think of them during flights and then go back and change later. Just make sure you double/triple check any procedures against a factory list to make sure you don't accidentally leave something off .

What plane was your example for? Generators, O2, Air conditioning, Icing... Would this be a typical "roll your own" checklist? Way more plane than I should ever be allowed to fly.

There may be some 777s hitting the used markets soon.. never too early to print out your own checklist and start chair flying

Google sheet then laminate. Here's what I made.
b21d94c47e8b9d826fd45c5d07ba2e1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Any word processor.

You want three columns then set tabs, right justified, with dot leaders to get the dots between the challenge and response.

That exact checklist is online somewhere.

I'll dig for a few minutes. If found, you'd only have to change your aircraft specific data

Google slides. Specify your kneeboard size or whatever size you want. Leave some room for your printer margins. Print out, glue stick two sides together, laminating sheets over each side.

did this a week ago and works out great.

What plane was your example for? Generators, O2, Air conditioning, Icing... Would this be a typical "roll your own" checklist? Way more plane than I should ever be allowed to fly.
Coffee.......OFF is the best one.

Looks like pretty simple word processing or spreadsheet. Personally think presentation software is overkill, but that's just me.

Personally think presentation software is overkill,

only reason I used slides (PowerPoint) is it was easy to specify the size of the overall page and the text boxes tor the two columns on each page. Think I used 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 to fit my knee board. Didn’t really use any presentation features. Probably could have done the same in docs (word) or sheets (excel).

only reason I used slides (PowerPoint) is it was easy to specify the size of the overall page and the text boxes tor the two columns on each page. Think I used 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 to fit my knee board. Didn’t really use any presentation features. Probably could have done the same in docs (word) or sheets (excel).
YMMV. It's probably just that I've been doing my own checklists longer than PowerPoint has existed.

OP said he is using a Mac. So.... MacWrite

upload_2020-11-4_20-55-42.png

I just found it on the net with a google search for checklists.

I use overleaf (Latex) to make my checklists. I also like a graphical representation of the flight profile to quickly review the approach speeds and configuration.

Back