So... Where Do YOU Want To Go On VACATION????

Florida Cracker

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Florida Cracker
SOMEWHERE...

11140137_10153233976868464_8604171443996676845_n.jpg

Being retired I'm always on vacation,so I guess anywhere I am is where I want to be.

Weather is about a month and a half away from being nice up here, so I'll probably hang here for the summer. Went to Aruba in March, that was a nice reprieve from the cold.

4 day bachelor party on a houseboat in Lake Cumberland in June. No Oshkosh this year. Taking the wife to a PEZ convention in Cleveland that week.

A cruise in the Caribbean would be nice, or maybe somewhere out west...I could really go for an In n Out Burger right now :rofl::rofl:

I'd like to Vaca in Alaska and get my TW endorsement while doing some backcountry flying!

Being retired I'm always on vacation,so I guess anywhere I am is where I want to be.

+1 recently retired as of March 27th. I guess the always on vacation fits! We are heading to Marathon (KMTH) Sunday for some R&R time. Decided to fly in the US Scare spam can via Piedmont Air express. We are leaving our plane tucked in the hangar for this trip.

I'll be doing a tour of the North Sea and the Baltic Sea in about a month with a stopover in Iceland to visit some family. I need to get away from the crazy that is my life! ;)

Last edited:
+1 recently retired as of March 27th.

It's nice having weeks that consist of six Saturdays and a Sunday isn't it?!?!

I want to make it back to the Pacific Northwest. My favorite part of the lower 48 by far.

A cruise in the Caribbean would be nice, or maybe somewhere out west...I could really go for an In n Out Burger right now :rofl::rofl:

Bring back a double double animal style for me! Thanks. I'll pay you on Tuesday.

Bring back a double double animal style for me! Thanks. I'll pay you on Tuesday.

You're showing your age Bill!!!

I'm confident that there's an entire generation here who won't get that. Heck, it was already in re-runs back in the 60s when I was a kid.

I guess I'm showing my age too!

Last edited:
Flying from Northeast PA (WBW) to Martha's Vineyard (MVY) with the wife this summer. Should be a nice scenic flight plus it's a 2 hour trip instead of a 6+ hour car/ferry ride.

Flying from Northeast PA (WBW) to Martha's Vineyard (MVY) with the wife this summer. Should be a nice scenic flight plus it's a 2 hour trip instead of a 6+ hour car/ferry ride.

Haven't been into WBW in a while....rental car issues. I have been using AVP instead. My family is from Keystone in Plains township but I have family in Forty-Fort and Bear Creek too.

Enjoy your trip out to MVY!!

Best breakfast on the island is right there at the airport.

Heading to Florida next week from the United Kingdom for a 6 week stay, at 66 years young I should think about retiring but I love my job too much to walk away from it.. So being blessed with having a vacation home in Florida it's great to get over to the US every couple of months to enjoy the weather and do as much flying as possible

I drink too much on vacation to make a cruise affordable. Give me an all-inclusive in the DR anytime over that.

Barcelona. The Provence region of France. Skopelos. The Capri coast in Italy.

Barcelona. The Provence region of France. Skopelos. The Capri coast in Italy.

Spent many a vacation on the Island of Skiathos next door to Skopelos, a great part of the Aegean to spend some time sailing, scuba diving or just chilling out watching the world go by Greek style.....

Going to D.C. and Williamsburg in June. Still debating on whether we'll fly in.

Probably head to Branson, MO sometime this summer. We go a couple times a year.

Oshkosh in July.

Gaston's in October.

Every other available weekend will be spent on Lake Eufaula, OK.

I like to think of life as a vacation, with some obligatory work in between the fun stuff. My 7 on/7 off schedule affords us a lot of play time :yes:

Last edited:
Heading to Florida next week from the United Kingdom for a 6 week stay, at 66 years young I should think about retiring but I love my job too much to walk away from it.. So being blessed with having a vacation home in Florida it's great to get over to the US every couple of months to enjoy the weather and do as much flying as possible

See you at Sun-n-Fun...

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

... that sounds like a drug induced, coma dream.... or a congressional, fact finding mission.

BTDT --->
Still a WEEEE too early. Bit chilly out yet. Give it another month

Oshkosh in July (#33 for us!), and Europe in the fall (Oktoberfest #2 for us!). :)

Well played sir. Well played indeed.

images

I've lived on a lot of streets with crazy names to see the potential for a LOT of spelling errors, especially if you are providing your address on the phone.
Though then there's the potential of having a great address check by saying "read it back to me" ... :D

You're showing your age Bill!!!

I'm confident that there's an entire generation here who won't get that. Heck, it was already in re-runs back in the 60s when I was a kid.

I guess I'm showing my age too!

Hey, I got it. They showed re-runs when I was watching cartoons in the late '80s

Just did Los Cabos, MX in March and gearing up for a 4-5 day trip up to Fern Canyon in Humboldt County where some of the original Jurassic Park was filmed.

I love California weather in the Spring/Summer/Fall/most of winter.

Flying to Pensacola in July. Twice as far as I've ever flown. Looking forward to it.

Flying from Texas, any pointers you guys can offer would be nice.

My last real vacation was to Somaliland. (Yes, seriously). My wife and I had a great time there.

Back