So I Think I'll Keep Her but I may be in Trouble!!!

Twin_Flyer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Twin_Flyer
So, I'm sitting in the sun room drinking coffee and trying to wake up (7:30am). When the wife walks in and says "It's been a while, I need to get up in the air". Spit take.. She's not a pilot and but I think that's stage one.:yes: What a wonderful reason to call in well..:yes:

The question for you all is simply, How long will it be before I'm sharing the left seat????:dunno:

P. S. She hasn't said anything about learning to fly, but....:mad2:

Careful. If she is interested, she will be reading here and the board is indexed by Google.

The question for you all is simply, How long will it be before I'm sharing the left seat????:dunno:
Assuming she does catch the bug.....how much money you got/how much time does she have to devote to flight training?

On a different subject, how involved are you with Angel Flight? I'm thinking about looking into AF East.

Get her a pinch hitter course,that may satisfy the urge for now.

Send her to Gift in Texas. After a week with them she will be irrevocably hooked. My wife is nearly ready for the check ride after visiting them last year. For me I'm getting more left seat time then I was because she insisted we buy a plane. Now she's talking about his and her planes...

Assuming she does catch the bug.....how much money you got/how much time does she have to devote to flight training?

On a different subject, how involved are you with Angel Flight? I'm thinking about looking into AF East.

Knowing her she would make time...:yes: and you know how the money game plays out...:yes:

Been flying AF Mid-Atlantic with some AF east legs. I started because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. After all I was up boring holes in the sky turning 11LL into noise anyway..:yes: After a few flights I found that I was enjoying the feeling I had after the flights.:goofy:

If your're thinking about it, I would say contact them and maybe go along on one of their flights. You will see real appreciation for your gift...:yes:

Take her flying for a couple hours, after, tell her to fuel it, and walk away. when she breaks out her card, she'll rethink it.

Take her flying for a couple hours, after, tell her to fuel it, and walk away. when she breaks out her card, she'll rethink it.

Yeah, but she'll also rethink letting you spend that kind of money on your own 100LL! :yikes:

I consider myself very lucky - I have a wife who really enjoys being a passenger in the plane. No worries about needing to share stick time, and she never complains when I want to fly somewhere, with or without her. :)

:no: She knows there is an airplane fund. She'd ask to be reimbursed:yes:

WTF ??? You would rather get solo stick time than have your wife get stick time.???

Are you tryin' to blind yourselves?

Every couple is different, so you'll need to figure out what works for you. Personally I'm looking forward to when my wife and I can split legs again.

My husband bought me a plane many years ago so I could finish my PPL. After 20 years of marriage I finally talked him into getting his PPL last year. It is awesome sharing. We have way more fun now!

Every couple is different, so you'll need to figure out what works for you. Personally I'm looking forward to when my wife and I can split legs again.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal...:wink2: Deep down in side I really think it would be pretty cool if she were to decide that a PPL was for her. On the other hand if it turned out to be like our road trips, I'd still be doing all the flying...:yes: The only time I can get her to drive is when I'm really tired...:dunno: Time will tell..:)

Back