So excited!

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
I'm so excited. I went to sleep last night IFR current until the end of this month and woke up this morning current until the end of March!

Shooting approaches in your dreams?

I'm so excited. I went to sleep last night IFR current until the end of this month and woke up this morning current until the end of March!

It dawned (yes, dawned) on me that given how automated planes are nowadays, this could actually happen. Maybe. Is hand flying a requirement to log an Approach?

It dawned (yes, dawned) on me that given how automated planes are nowadays, this could actually happen. Maybe. Is hand flying a requirement to log an Approach?
No. Which makes sense since using the automation properly is also important.

Of course, remember that currency and proficiency are two different things. I try to do both.

I mean that's cool and all but how many people actually have access to an approved flight simulator?

What's the cheapest approved sim? The ones from PFC cost like $5000 or $6000 don't they?

I mean that's cool and all but how many people actually have access to an approved flight simulator?
Got an aviation school in the area? Work a deal or register for a class. Metro State in Denver is a Part 142 school (all ground courses, approved sims, no airplanes) and Fridays are open study - no scheduled classes in the 12 Frascas and 4 ATPs. Or that was the schedule last time I looked, a couple years ago. Need permission, tho, if not an Aviation student.

Many flight schools have made the investment because instrument training in them is so efficient and cost-effective. Check a reasonable distance from your location.

It’s interesting that those approaches count retroactively

Local Redbird is $35/hr

A dang sensitive thing it is. (not in a like I hurt it's feelings when I cussed it way, but in a super responsive way)

Got an aviation school in the area? Work a deal or register for a class. Metro State in Denver is a Part 142 school (all ground courses, approved sims, no airplanes) and Fridays are open study - no scheduled classes in the 12 Frascas and 4 ATPs. Or that was the schedule last time I looked, a couple years ago. Need permission, tho, if not an Aviation student.
More than one of the flight schools at KAPA have the equipment. Definitely also KBJC. Surprised if none at KFTG and others in the area.

Well, you said it?
:D

It always strikes me funny when I hear said said. Makes me think of some of the court filings I've seen from non-lawyers in unfortunate situations.

More than one of the flight schools at KAPA have the equipment. Definitely also KBJC. Surprised if none at KFTG and others in the area.
Well, now you can be surprised about FTG. Alliance (Aspen)never had any sims out there and the hangar is up for sale. I'm not surprised, as none of the CFIs wanted to be based there and it was pulling teeth to get one to agree to drive out there. The other school doesn't have a sim (last I looked) but at least its got a fair amount of business.

Back