Snow Day!

Gucci Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Gucci Pilot
Well the road are supposedly too bad to get to base. Looks like I'll be making a huge pancake breakfast and day drinking!

Well the road are supposedly too bad to get to base. Looks like I'll be making a huge pancake breakfast and day drinking!

Has anyone tried substituting beer for water in pancake mix?

Looks like the weather guessers missed their mark for Snowmegeddon. :rolleyes:

My parents in southern NH already have 17 inches fallen, 4 foot drifts, and it's not stopping until the early AM hours tomorrow. Think the forecast got it right for them.

drinking during the day.......BRILLIANT!!!

All I got was a 2 hour delay. Funny thing was....apparently WAVY 10 called the delay before any of the bases actually made the decision. I suspect there were a few base CO's that were not too happy last night. We just got a dusting - nothing on the roads.

My parents in southern NH already have 17 inches fallen, 4 foot drifts, and it's not stopping until the early AM hours tomorrow. Think the forecast got it right for them.

Wow, sounds like a typical week in Syracuse.

We only got a few inches in PA, but hey, if it keep me from having to go into the office, I'll take it.

Has anyone tried substituting beer for water in pancake mix?

Never tried, doesn't sound too appealing to me (my personal taste, YMMV).

But goulash made with Guiness or some other dark lager is "da chit". Serve with semmel dumplings and another glass of Guiness and life is heaven. :)

Damn, now I am craving some Guiness goulash. Nice going, Bill!!! :mad2:

Never tried, doesn't sound too appealing to me (my personal taste, YMMV).

But goulash made with Guiness or some other dark lager is "da chit". Serve with semmel dumplings and another glass of Guiness and life is heaven. :)

Damn, now I am craving some Guiness goulash. Nice going, Bill!!! :mad2:

I'm having leftover goulash for lunch today. No beer in it, though. That's what happens when you let the wife cook.:(

Our weather guessers said 6-10 inches for us....ummm Im staring at less than an inch. I need a job like that where one can be way off and still get paid well.

Good time to go stock up on beer,all the old stuff was sold before the storm.

Good time to go stock up on beer,all the old stuff was sold before the storm.

Went to the store on Monday and the line snaked around the entire store! Milk, eggs, and bread were gone. I don't get it:dunno:. Do people just barricade themselves inside and make French Toast?

Looks like the weather guessers missed their mark for Snowmegeddon. :rolleyes:
May be try for NYC but eastern Ma got two feet or more. The storm tracked a little more east so NY, NJ, and most of Ct faired better than expected. Lunenburg Ma sems to be the jackpot with three feet. Mine is around two but the coast got hammered with 30 to 40 foot waves. The seawalls broke in some places.
Overall though, a typical New England storm. You would think the world was coming to the end based on the 24 hour news coverage that preempted any other news happenings.
Such nonsense.

Went to the store on Monday and the line snaked around the entire store! Milk, eggs, and bread were gone. I don't get it:dunno:. Do people just barricade themselves inside and make French Toast?

When I lived in Charlotte, the southerners would literally wipe the grocery stores clean of milk, eggs, and bread on the threat of a 1" snowfall.

In Wisconsin, upon the threat of a big blizzard, the northerners stock up on beer, brats chips, etc. like they're getting ready for a tailgate.

When I lived in Charlotte, the southerners would literally wipe the grocery stores clean of milk, eggs, and bread on the threat of a 1" snowfall.

In Wisconsin, upon the threat of a big blizzard, the northerners stock up on beer, brats chips, etc. like they're getting ready for a tailgate.

In Rhode Island it was milk, bread and beer.

Tomorrow night into Monday we are supposed to get some more snow. Too bad Queens College never cancels so my commute is going to suck even more.:mad2:

Tomorrow night into Monday we are supposed to get some more snow. Too bad Queens College never cancels so my commute is going to suck even more.:mad2:

I hear 1ft is expected in Boston on Monday.

Back