Snakes

If you really believe in talking snakes you possess insufficient cognitive function for discourse. Ireland has no indigenous serpents because the climate is inhospitable to them. I believe Greenland and Iceland are similarly bereft.
Such a negative response! Of course the serpent intervened, it is well documented in text and folklore. Perhaps it wasn't a verbal intervention as depicted by some stories. Perhaps over time snakes have lost the power of speech. Perhaps the serpent merely showed Eve what Adam could do for her. Maybe that's why a snake tongue is always active.

I note that you agree that lands should be free of snakes. Thank you for reconsidering and joining the freedom from snakes movement by endorsing Ireland, Iceland, and Greenland.

whacking-day-picture.png

I catch and transport the poisonous snakes to a snake friendly area, the others I let them do their job..

Scary, right?
Intellectually, I know they don't really hunt in packs, and I know they usually just ignore humans.
Makes no difference at all, psychologically, because it looks like they are hunting in packs.
Every bodies worst nightmare.

It's been all over the news about a snake spotted on the Mall in Washington, DC.

A snake in DC? You don't say... There are plenty of them..

Maybe black is ok in buckeye land, but down south black is a big NO. Unless you like cooking yourself. It's 1pm and already 87*.

Hi-Vis jackets ARE more visible, and reject most of the sun's heat. Also why I wear a white helmet, vis and heat rejection.
Daytona Beach often claims to be the motorcycle capital of the world. During Bike week, over half a Harley riders descend on our quaint little town.
499,998 of them wear all black. While I was typing this a biker in black drove past wearing black, and it is almost 90 degrees outside.

If you really believe in talking snakes you possess insufficient cognitive function for discourse. Ireland has no indigenous serpents because the climate is inhospitable to them. I believe Greenland and Iceland are similarly bereft.
Then why does Hawaii not have any snakes? Seems like the perfect climate.

Of course, they have recently found a few brown snakes, and it has them scared to death.

Found this one at the edge of my driveway yesterday. Lives on all the rodents and amphibians in my yard. Used to have some evergreens next to the entrance door until my wife found some snake sheds hanging from the branches :nonod:

black_snake.JPG

My brother had a 15 foot python as a pet.

It got mites or some such thing, and he had to give it a shot.

Me and another full-size adult got on our knees, firmly grabbed two different sections of the snake, and almost laid on it.

When my brother put the needle in, we were both thrown against the wall like, now. We didn't even slow it down. Needle in BOOOOM against wall, looking surprised.

It LET us put all our weight on it, like "Huh, I don't know what you guys are doing, but I guess it's fine". As soon as it didn't like what was going on, we were thrown off like the insignificant beings we are.

It gave me a new healthy respect for how strong those things are. We don't stand a chance if one gets ahold of you, and wants to do something.

Boa constrictors used to be all the rage. Back in elementary school a friend of mine brought hers to school a couple of times.

Personally I like snakes, unless they're the venomous kind. Those I will kill if they're in my space and I have the means. Fortunately, in the part of Vermont I live in, there aren't any venomous snakes. Lots of the harmless kind though, including the rather full-sized garter snake I saw on the trail on Thursday.

Late last fall someone claimed to have spotted a garter snake on the summit of Mt. Hunger. Since the climate there is subalpine I thought that was extraordinary, though I never saw the critter myself.

It wuz the Boss who sang about wanting a ride in a pink Cadillac.

Well now way back in the Bible
Temptations always come along
There's always somebody tempting
Somebody into doing something they know is wrong
Well they tempt you, ma'am, with silver
And they tempt you, sir, with gold
And they tempt you with the pleasures
That the flesh does surely hold
They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple
But man I ain't going for that
I know it was her pink Cadillac

Keeping things ZZ Top, it was Adam that gave Eve the pearl necklace.

Look, if you want to insert ZZ Top into this thread, it's just gotta be "Tube Snake Boogie."

I got a girl she lives cross town
She's the one that really gets down when she boogie
She do the tube snake boogie
Well now, boogie, little baby
Boogie-woogie all night long

I got to have a shot
Of what you got
It's oh so sweet
You got to make it hot

Like a boomerang I need a repeat
Gimme all your lovin'
All your hugs and kisses too
Gimme all your lovin'

Don't let up until we're through
You got to whip it up
And hit me like a ton of lead
If I blow my top

Look, if you want to insert ZZ Top into this thread, it's just gotta be "Tube Snake Boogie."

I got a girl she lives cross town
She's the one that really gets down when she boogie
She do the tube snake boogie
Well now, boogie, little baby
Boogie-woogie all night long

I see what you did there. Nice.

Back