SMS Short Hand Question

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Is there SMS short hand for "Roger" like LOL, IMHO, IIRC, etc. Simply, I got your message and understood it. OK implies agreement

Are we THAT lazy that texting "roger" is now a burden? Good ****ing God. Or is that GFG?

FIN ACK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone knows what "k" means. Roger is confusing, especially if both parties know a person named Roger.

Also, texting between two iPhones on iMessage it will actually tell you when someone has read your text.

I can tell you amongst us lazy bag wearers it's become commonplace to text "roj"

I dunno if that helps or not.

I use Rgr.

"K" to me for some reason comes across as dismissive and rude.

Seems like "K" is short for "OK" and still implies agreement. Not what I want to say when an employee texts that they are going to be late because of some reason. I want a reply that says "I got your message" but doesn't imply that I accept your excuse.

Seems like "K" is short for "OK" and still implies agreement. Not what I want to say when an employee texts that they are going to be late because of some reason. I want a reply that says "I got your message" but doesn't imply that I accept your excuse.

u fird

Why does this message need to be acknowleged? Make him sweat until he (oops, include make her sweat until she is included...) shows up and then have the Presidential Discussion. (aka "You're Fired!")

-Skip

I'd go with

"I see, we'll talk about it when you get in." if there is indeed an issue versus expecting some short slang text message to be an effective means of managing the employee :)

I push the mic icon and let Siri mangle my messages ... she's about as accurate as my fat thumbs.

Yeah, but wouldn't FIN ACK then be "shut up?"

I think FIN ACK is more like, "I received your message. I have nothing else to say, but I'll be around later if you want to call me then."

Now you've got me thinking. What is the TCP equivalent to STFU! Something to discuss during the team meeting tomorrow. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is way better.
I have been typing: Romeo Oscar Golf Echo Romeo

So k is short for ok which was already short for okay. Seriously, how lazy can people get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RRR SK seems to work with all of my ham radio buddies. ;) The triple R is redundant but I've always done it.

RRR WTF? AR also works if they have a sense of humor.

I just don't respond to those unless they follow up.
It's easier than sending "k" and sends a more appropriate message.

Why does this message need to be acknowleged? Make him sweat until he (oops, include make her sweat until she is included...) shows up and then have the Presidential Discussion. (aka "You're Fired!")

-Skip

That's what I was thinking.

Back