SL40 bezel separating

It's not even listed on the Garmin flat rate repair website. Wonder if Duncan avionics can help?

What's it listed as? didn't see SL40

I read on another forum that the 2 piece plastic cover may be removed and the frequencies will still read clearly. it will just lack the garmin sl40 and pull squelch lettering.
Alternatively I read the adhesive backed clear plastic cover may be purchased for around $60 if I recall correctly.

Write Garmin. That's awful quality for something that expensive. Tell them you'll send it back & if they'll repair it N/C, you'll take that picture down......o_O

I musta been on the wrong Garmin site..... Wierd.

I musta been on the wrong Garmin site..... Wierd.

I think it takes you consumer products first, there isn't any aviation stuff on the list. The pages look very similar.

Would a dot of some sort of magic sealant on a q-tip rubbed around the edge of the lens and then blue masking taped into place overnight fix it? I think a guy might be willing to try that before sending it off for a $550 flat rate repair.

my hangar neighbor's garmin radio is doing the exact same thing, or did. He glued it down, but it looks awful, especially considering how much garmin charges for anything with its name printed on it.

Not all glues are created equal.. I would think that some sort of clear adhesive, lightly applied (and one that won't melt the plastic) might do the trick. Of course YMMV!

Back