SkyVector.com Question

SoCal 182 Driver

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver
Friends -

I'm trying to use SkyVector to do some flight planning for my IFR training. In the Flight Plan box, there's a drop down box for "routes." When I click the button for "routes," I get a variety of possible routes for my trip (in this case KCMA->KONT). Is there any way to select one of the available routes (e.g., VTUP15) and have it populate into my flight plan automatically, or do I have to go to another source, find out the waypoints for VTUP15, and input them manually?

Thanks!

Friends -

I'm trying to use SkyVector to do some flight planning for my IFR training. In the Flight Plan box, there's a drop down box for "routes." When I click the button for "routes," I get a variety of possible routes for my trip (in this case KCMA->KONT). Is there any way to select one of the available routes (e.g., VTUP15) and have it populate into my flight plan automatically, or do I have to go to another source, find out the waypoints for VTUP15, and input them manually?

Thanks!
I don't know exactly how Skyvector does things but, those TEC routes are 'coded' routes in the ATC system and it will accept them.

I know the ATC system will accept TEC Routes, but I'm trying to figure out how SkyVector utilizes the "routes" button. Is it just to show various routes, or can those on the list be imported into the flight plan? Frustrating....

I know the ATC system will accept TEC Routes, but I'm trying to figure out how SkyVector utilizes the "routes" button. Is it just to show various routes, or can those on the list be imported into the flight plan? Frustrating....
Not sure what you're asking. I click on "routes" and it shows me a list of routes. I click on one of the routes and it populates. However, SkyVector seems to be partially down for me at the moment.

I’m confused as well. Do you CLICK on one of the routes?

I click on one of the routes and it populates. However, SkyVector seems to be partially down for me at the moment.

I think that may be the issue. I HAVE been trying to click on a route, but all that happens is that the drop-down menu goes away. The route does NOT populate into the flight plan. In the last few minutes, I can't even log into my SkyVector account with Firefox as my browser. It sounds like something's going on with SkyVector.

I just tested it successfully but I’m on iPhone so who knows.

I just put in KCMA->KONT. Odd that a couple will and others won't.

How does one delete a saved flight plan on skyvector?

Are you able to click on one of the TEC Routes and have it populate?
I just tried on the computer and the TEC routes did not populate and the others did. The maps are not loading though, so there might be a web issue.

Back