Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Actually, the original "six degrees of separation" is the theory that everyone is connected within six hops. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon is a special case of that, based on the theory that Bacon is the center of the entertainment universe.

Six degrees of kevin bacon was the reference in the original post though. Which was movies, and why I never thought about applying it to see how far I was from kevin bacon in the "separation" sense of the older idea.

Six degrees of kevin bacon was the reference in the original post though. Which was movies, and why I never thought about applying it to see how far I was from kevin bacon in the "separation" sense of the older idea.
But you must've cooked bacon in at least one of your videos, no?

Woman at work accosted jeff goldblum on the street
JG-Aniston-some dopey movie called the switch
Anniston-KB in picture perfect

so that’s 3 but ruling needed (I’ve only seen her via video during Covid)

Also 3-boss-Michelle pfieffer - jim cummings-KB

2-anyone who has seen the stones-mick-KB

How many degrees of sep is it when you don’t know and couldn’t care less?

The real question is who has the highest degrees of separation from me?! (only real life encounters count)

The real question is who has the highest degrees of separation from me?! (only real life encounters count)

Never met you. Don't even know who you are. Is Ed your real name?

I'm a one as of this year. Couldn't have asked this in 2021?

My number is 1.
I was in NYC to see the play "Colored Girls Who have Considered Suicide......." (Amazing play, BTW) the night "Grease" premiered.
My buddy Tom was driving his '58 Chevy when we stopped for traffic in front of the theater hosting the premier. There were a bunch of "Grease" period cars parked outside the theater.
John Travolta and Olivia Newton John came out of the theater, hotly pursued by a horde of screaming fans and paparazzi and saw our car. He must have thought it was their ride.
Travota opened the back door yelling "Drive! Drive!" and Olivia jumped in and ended up on my lap and he barreled in behind her.
We ended up driving them around the block and back to the theater so they could get their real ride. Hilarity ensued.
BTW: She was VERY tiny and he wasn't much bigger.

I'm a one as of this year. Couldn't have asked this in 2021?

I would wager that if anyone has been to a PoA get together (or OSH - even though I've never been), their EdFred number is 3 or less. Probably a 2 or a 1 for 99%.

I am think I am a 3 then via that website that computes it shows a 2.

http://www.oracleofbacon.org/movielinks.php

I was in Germany at Neuschwanstein Castle. It was before the tour started. I recognized Scott Wilson from Walking Dead. He was with family and figured the absolute last thing he wanted was to be bothered. I had a big camera and was snapping away. He had an even bigger camera LOL. Walked up to me a few minutes later, said hi and asked me to help him get some full family pictures. Only time I ever used a Nikon. We chatted for about 15 minutes. I never brought up anything Hollywood. He seemed genuinely interested in what I did for a living and my next destination. I told him Berchtesgaden - he said Eagles Nest? Yes. He was there the day before. Shook hands and wished each other a nice trip. Was a really nice guy.

I am thinking our Cirrus Vision Jet Rudy might have a solid 2.

I guess I'm a 3? A friend has flown hillary a few times. I would expect that Kevin Bacon has met hillary at least once.

I guess I am a 4. Never would have thought it.

My friend's wife won a part in Private Parts. She met Howard on the set. Howard is a 2, so she is 3, and I am a 4.

Oops, I am a 3. A friend of mine used to be married to a CW singer. She is a 2, I know her, so I am a 3. WOW.

Back