"Simple" flight to KBKV that got "complicated"

Cool. Would have liked to see the ground track of the dude on the ILS. I couldn't tell how far he went before he went missed. I'm assuming it was past the runway 9 threshold.

He flew right into the final for 21.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 2.10.15 PM.png

Do ATC towers with no radar at least have an ADSB receiver and something like ForeFlight to help them with situational awareness of traffic operating or is the FAA not equipping them?

This audio sounded more like a bad uncontrolled field attempting to be controlled.

This is one reason I prefer to fly early, that and not having to worry about staying underneath that scattered layer what looks like 2000’.

This is one reason I prefer to fly early, that and not having to worry about staying underneath that scattered layer what looks like 2000’.
Most days in Florida the clouds lift throughout the day. By the time I turned around to go home the clouds were at 3 or 4 k

Do ATC towers with no radar at least have an ADSB receiver and something like ForeFlight to help them with situational awareness of traffic operating or is the FAA not equipping them?

This audio sounded more like a bad uncontrolled field attempting to be controlled.
No. Just eyeballs and binoculars. Some towers with sufficient radar coverage may have a BRITE screen that aids the local controller with traffic from a local terminal radar feed. I’m not aware of an ADS-B equivalent.

No. Just eyeballs and binoculars. Some towers with sufficient radar coverage may have a BRITE screen that aids the local controller with traffic from a local terminal radar feed. I’m not aware of an ADS-B equivalent.
I was surprised that, considering its proximity to the Tampa Class B Airspace, the tower did not seem to have a BRITE or D-BRITE.

I just can't fathom a pilot flying an approach to an opposite runway with traffic in the pattern. It boggles my mind that this guy continued this approach.
Did you hear his tone as he left? Acted like everyone else was in his way.

Did you hear his tone as he left? Acted like everyone else was in his way.

I think you may have yourself a classic video here. I can't figure if that would be a good thing for the controller who in my mind, except for screwing up a few calls did an ok job for what he was dealt. It's a scary moment when you've got two confused pilots gunning for you.

Everyone talking over each other doesn’t help either.

Okay, so, it turns out the Grumman pilot keeps his plane at my air park. After the flight he went to one of my neighbors and told him all about it.

Wow, hard to believe a local being that confused.

Ask him if he wants to sell the Grumman. I need a plane and he needs to quit flying. ;)

Back