Show me your hangar man-cave - she-shed.

Dave Anderson

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SkyDreams
Ok, I'm trying to build out my hangar area for a place to also hang-out with friends, etc.

I'd love to see what others have done to make this more of a goto place to enjoy when the weather isn't great or you need to do some hangar flying.

Comfy couch and chair are both sleepers. Massage chair, tv, adjacent to the hangar bathroom. Great place to relax. The elliptical get used a lot, too.

View attachment 100821
Nice so far in my very new hangar, I've added an American flag and shelves for tools. I have a rug and going to bring out a leather sofa (as soon as my wife buys a new one, which was the deal)

Surplus warehouse racking is useful. I made two 12’ benches along one wall and used high racks on another. No shortage of stuff to store. 14ED97AE-60A0-4272-BD36-DE973436B907.jpeg

Geez. Go to a bar. This is about a hangar.

P.S.- real men drink whiskey. No fridge required.

Geez. Go to a bar. This is about a hangar.

P.S.- real men drink whiskey. No fridge required.
Try Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey straight out of the freezer.

Need
1) giant American flag
2) wide screen
3) at least one old couch
4) stuffed moose head on wall
5) full size fridge with hot pockets and bagel bites
6) microwave
7) tool and equipment shelves
8) lawn tractor or golf cart converted into tug
9) air compressor
10) if enough room is left, airplane

Cave man hanger?

original.jpeg

If I had a man cave hanger, it would have Diet Coke vs bourbon. It would just feel weird to have alcohol there - the same feeling you’d get if you saw your 737 pilot grab a few mini bottles from the drink cart before closing the cockpit door……..

My hangar is attached to the house. The drink fridge is two steps inside the door. It mostly houses Diet Coke and Topo Chico. The bar cabinet is directly above. I prefer Whistle Pig. Neat if my shoes are dirty, with ice if I can take a few more steps without leaving tracks.

You guys sure are stingy with your hangar pics!

This thread needs more eye candy... I don't have a hangar currently so can't make a personal contribution but here are some random ones from the internet,
tccgBlog-airPark-21-1030x686.jpg

tccgBlog-airPark-15-1-1030x686.jpg

hangar-lauren-nicole-designs-img~3fd1685907c9b717_4-2418-1-0c81095.jpg

img9.jpg

10_Hangar_Homes_Make_Your_Jaw_Drop_Banman_9f5a1a17-ec31-4f77-88c0-91b9690bc20e.jpg

If I had a man cave hanger, it would have Diet Coke vs bourbon. It would just feel weird to have alcohol there - the same feeling you’d get if you saw your 737 pilot grab a few mini bottles from the drink cart before closing the cockpit door……..
I'm kinda here but not opposed to bringing for a party.

I'd love to see what others have done to make this more of a goto place to enjoy when the weather isn't great or you need to do some hangar flying.
My hangar has a floor that is returning to nature, a roof that likes to drip condensation on everything (except just behind the tail of the airplane where there is an actual hole in the roof), one light bulb, and water runs into the hangar when it rains or melts off the roof.

I assume a picture wouldn't help much.:)

My hangar has a floor that is returning to nature, a roof that likes to drip condensation on everything (except just behind the tail of the airplane where there is an actual hole in the roof), one light bulb, and water runs into the hangar when it rains or melts off the roof.

But you still have a hangar! Imagine life without one!

I bet a couple drams of whisky would help in this case, though.

Real real men know that there’s no e in whisky, but there’s always beer in the kegerator. ;)
There can be an e in whiskey, but never in scotch whisky. I have nothing against whiskeys or whiskies, as long as I'm only served good examples of their kind.

Back