Should I remove my tag?

So now we're ragging on more than one banned member?

So much for RoC.

@Anymouse you haven't put in there the story of Henning landing his Travel Air covered in 6" of ice but didn't know it and then flew the ILS down at full power and told tower to tell him when he was over the numbers. I know it's on the forum somewhere at least once.

Haven't seen that one, but if anyone finds the link to it (Red, Blue or Purple) post it and I'll add it to the list.

So much for RoC.
One of them decided to leave on his own, so I don't think that would really qualify as being banned.

actually, both did...read Spike's post #51.

Besides, I don't see anything in the RoC to support Ravioli's concern. Besides, I don't think anyone "ragged" on Levy. Rather just stated an attribute of his.

Last edited:
The post Dr. Winters indicates says that Henning was in fact banned. "Begging to be banned" could mean that he said "Dear MC, Please ban me as soon as humanly possibly" or it could mean a consistent pattern of bannable offences in such quick succession as to be characterized as "Begging for it."

As to the RoC. This one seems clear enough.
  • Bans and warnings, actual or suspected, shall not be discussed on the forums. Any inquiries or comments regarding bans are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum
Regardless, thank you for your attention to my concerns.

He pretty much demanded to be banned. It was voluntary...

Seems pretty straightforward to me, he left.

Besides, regarding the RoC, I don't see where anyone is discussing "the ban" rather they are discussing "the banned." Maybe somewhere along the line someone asked why Henning was banned...but that's not been the crux of this thread. Discussing Henning and/or Levy and/or their attributes would not seem to be against the RoC as long as it remains civil.

So, by indicating that Henning was banned and that we shouldn't discuss him, you are in fact violating the ROC, whereas prior to that, we were simply discussing the individual(s).

Besides, regarding the RoC, I don't see where anyone is discussing "the ban" rather they are discussing "the banned." Maybe somewhere along the line someone asked why Henning was banned...but that's not been the crux of this thread. Discussing Henning and/or Levy and/or their attributes would not seem to be against the RoC as long as it remains civil.

So, by indicating that Henning was banned and that we shouldn't discuss him, you are in fact violating the ROC, whereas prior to that, we were simply discussing the individual(s).

Great minds think alike.

Not sure how this happened with us though.

So much for RoC.

Naw, as much as I knew Henning was passing of a lot of BS I found his posts entertaining because they provide some laughs. I'm not panning him because I went through a plethora of jobs before I finally found my calling in life. The difference is I didn't have to ******** my way there. Henning;s stories were entertaining to say the least. Mine would be boring at best.

As New Year's Eve approaches, it seems appropriate that we reminisce about "auld acquaintance." :cheers: :cheerswine:

I don't think anyone is abusing him. Just having some fun at his expense. Something he would approve of. He has thicker skin than any of us. And a good sense of humor. It's all good.

That reminds me!

The Henning Song:

Hahahaha. That’s a funny use of that song. :)

We get to hang out with GS on our music cruise in years they’re aboard. Well, hang out as well as anyone can amongst a few thousand folks, but it pays to be a night owl and hunt down the cabin sets that all the bands do all over the ship all week. It’s hard to describe. You literally run into band members in elevators or see them watching some other band’s concert that THEY like. And for the most part all the artists are very open to talking to fans all week.

It’s pretty cool. Artists often roam from room to room, or suite to suite, doing quick gigs most nights for their best fans, or the fun people who throw the best cabin parties. It took us three years to even notice the cabin parties were going on most every night. Now we try to find them and ask around about who’s throwing them. A “private” acoustic set by any of the bands for 20-30 people, crammed into someone’s cabin, is a rare treat.

And since many artists come back over many years, you see them again like nobody ever left and the party is just continuing. That’s about the best way I can describe it.

GS are definitely some of our favorite people to run into on the ship or catch a show from. Funny and incredibly talented musicians. Their night on the upper deck is always a riot.

And they travel with a large contingent of fans too, who are not exactly shy people about which band on the boat is their favorite. Haha. Only a few bands have cult followings like GS. Crazy people, but not in a bad way. A very fun way. A very fun and very drunk way. LOL.

I personally like the forum the way it is now. There aren't any self-annointed experts who post on every topic.

There was a member (not Henning) who shall not be named who, if there was a question and a dozen correct responses, still had to post his own version of the correct response. Actually there were several members like that but there is one in particular that I don't miss.

Oh, I think we still have a few that weigh in on practically every thread with their 'expert' opinion. Sometimes these experts are right and sometimes they are wrong. Unfortunately when they are wrong, people tend to still believe them due to the reputation they built by being right sometimes.

Also we still have multiple people posting the correct answer long after many others have already posted it. Though I think most of us, self included, could be accused of being guilty of that. Recently, I've been trying to refrain from doing it unless I have a particular twist on the right answer that adds value to the conversation beyond just parroting what others have said.

Hahahaha. That’s a funny use of that song. :)

We get to hang out with GS on our music cruise in years they’re aboard. Well, hang out as well as anyone can amongst a few thousand folks, but it pays to be a night owl and hunt down the cabin sets that all the bands do all over the ship all week. It’s hard to describe. You literally run into band members in elevators or see them watching some other band’s concert that THEY like. And for the most part all the artists are very open to talking to fans all week.

It’s pretty cool. Artists often roam from room to room, or suite to suite, doing quick gigs most nights for their best fans, or the fun people who throw the best cabin parties. It took us three years to even notice the cabin parties were going on most every night. Now we try to find them and ask around about who’s throwing them. A “private” acoustic set by any of the bands for 20-30 people, crammed into someone’s cabin, is a rare treat.

And since many artists come back over many years, you see them again like nobody ever left and the party is just continuing. That’s about the best way I can describe it.

GS are definitely some of our favorite people to run into on the ship or catch a show from. Funny and incredibly talented musicians. Their night on the upper deck is always a riot.

And they travel with a large contingent of fans too, who are not exactly shy people about which band on the boat is their favorite. Haha. Only a few bands have cult followings like GS. Crazy people, but not in a bad way. A very fun way. A very fun and very drunk way. LOL.

Hold the phone, you can go on a cruise with them? I love their music! And I am still due for a honeymoon. And the wife wants a cruise...

Another band we want to see in person:

I like Irish rock more than I like to admit. Lol

I don't think anyone is abusing him. Just having some fun at his expense. Something he would approve of. He has thicker skin than any of us. And a good sense of humor. It's all good.

Nah, he was pretty easily triggered.

Hold the phone, you can go on a cruise with them? I love their music! And I am still due for a honeymoon. And the wife wants a cruise...

They’re pretty regular guests aboard http://www.therockboat.com/ but not this year.

It’s impossible to predict what years they will come, all depends on band touring schedules and who Sixthman books each year.

Perhaps they do one of the other boats more regularly. Might be worth a Google.

The only way to catch them on TRB (highly recommended, of course) is to get on Sixthman’s mailing list. The boat fills with regulars for the most part and the leftover tickets sell out in about two weeks from when they’re released, almost a year in advance.

Someone’s random video of them on TRB 17 last year. Camera isn’t so steady but it’s a good view from the upper deck.

Photographer was on the port side of the boat, I watched their show from the same position on the starboard side. We have a gang of troublemakers who hang out over there.

When he said “Free bird!” at about 4:45 I was cracking up.

Last edited:
Oh, I think we still have a few that weigh in on practically every thread with their 'expert' opinion. Sometimes these experts are right and sometimes they are wrong. Unfortunately when they are wrong, people tend to still believe them due to the reputation they built by being right sometimes.

Also we still have multiple people posting the correct answer long after many others have already posted it. Though I think most of us, self included, could be accused of being guilty of that. Recently, I've been trying to refrain from doing it unless I have a particular twist on the right answer that adds value to the conversation beyond just parroting what others have said.

I'm not sure of the exact dates but I think the poster I was referring left before you joined. It still happens with people adding their two cents excessively but it's not like the way it was before. Whenever he replied to a thread--whether it was 1st or 13th, his attitude that the great and powerful Wizard of PoA had spoken had a chilling effect on the discussion.

@Anymouse you haven't put in there the story of Henning landing his Travel Air covered in 6" of ice but didn't know it and then flew the ILS down at full power and told tower to tell him when he was over the numbers. I know it's on the forum somewhere at least once.

That must have really happened. Henning said Bigfoot and Nessie were witnesses...

Reactions: Ted
Back