Barry Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somedudeintn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
somedudeintn
A little background.... I was born in 1986 in Baton Rouge, LA and grew up hearing my mom mention that she knew Barry Seal's brother Wendell pretty well and also knew Barry a little. I really did not know who she was talking about and just started reading some of the stuff online about this guy and there are some serious conspiracy theories. I really got sucked in and hope this upcoming movie is pretty good. Was this a pretty big news story back in the day? Sounds like some crazy stuff may have been going on.

A little background.... I was born in 1986 in Baton Rouge, LA and grew up hearing my mom mention that she knew Barry Seal's brother Wendell pretty well and also knew Barry a little. I really did not know who she was talking about and just started reading some of the stuff online about this guy and there are some serious conspiracy theories. I really got sucked in and hope this upcoming movie is pretty good. Was this a pretty big news story back in the day? Sounds like some crazy stuff may have been going on.

That is an understatement.......

I met Barry Seal on several occasions at the airport in Mena, I was offered an airplane and $40k a trip to start every time we met.:lol:

I met Barry Seal on several occasions at the airport in Mena, I was offered an airplane and $40k a trip to start every time we met.:lol:

To import untaxed stereo equipment, right ?

To the OP; Have you seen Double Crossed? Dennis Hopper plays Barry Seal. It was one of my favorite movies. Some good flying in it.

So...

Even the birthdate you list here is fictitious?

latest

Universal bout the rights to Barry Seal's story from his third wife, but his daughter from his first wife was the executor of his estate and has sued Universal saying the 3rd wife didn't have rights to Barry's story, his estate has those rights. The film is being made in Columbia, but who knows if it will ever get released. The planned release date was 2017. Too bad it couldn't be introduced during the 2016 election cycle to add some additional drama to that show. Both the Clintons and the Bush family are reportedly tied to Seal. I hope it does come out and I hope it stirs the rumor mill pot a bit!

Universal bout the rights to Barry Seal's story from his third wife, but his daughter from his first wife was the executor of his estate and has sued Universal saying the 3rd wife didn't have rights to Barry's story, his estate has those rights. The film is being made in Columbia, but who knows if it will ever get released. The planned release date was 2017. Too bad it couldn't be introduced during the 2016 election cycle to add some additional drama to that show. Both the Clintons and the Bush family are reportedly tied to Seal. I hope it does come out and I hope it stirs the rumor mill pot a bit!

I read some stuff online about Bush being connected but had not heard anything about the Clintons.

Do you have to buy the rights to someone's story? I understand that if you are basing a movie on a book that you have to buy the rights but if you are making a movie about a famous or notorious person who there is plenty of public information about I thought there were no limitations other than libel. I have heard numerous times about unauthorized biographies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back