Sharing Aviation (give me 2 minutes of your time)

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I recently saw a gentleman on a FB group post pics of his awesome home sim. It was decked out and just awesome. He posted how he was a pilot but some brain tumors took his hearing, speech, vision in one eye, and of course flight.

I called my wife and she answered "I saw the post. Yes you can go flying tomorrow." I messaged Peter and said lets fly.

His wife drove him to my airport and brought their beautiful little girl. I said "What am I going to do with 2 empty seats?" She had planned on waiting in the car while we flew.

"Get in!" I demanded. "Peter is taking us flying." Mom was so excited. We got baby secured, took off, and I wrote on a piece of paper "You have the flight controls".

Peter flew us all over North Texas and gave himself a check ride.

He texted me "Steep turns?"
I nodded.

He texted "Turns around a point?"
I nodded.

I Texted "NO STALLS!" He laughed and nodded.

Peter cant speak or hear but he gave me an ear bud before the flight. Anything I said was sent to him in text form in an app. He would text back and hold up the phone so I could see his response.

I made a small video but don't want it on my channel as it is not satire and it is not for monitization but I want to share it because we all get in ruts (thinking of @Unit74 recent thread). I am not in a rut but I thought about your thread while I was letting this guy fly his wife and daughter around and man it was just great to watch him do his thing.

This was flying awesomeness and the NTA facebook group is lined up to make sure peter keeps flying. He has an aztec flight this weekend, and a cub ride the following, and the list goes on.

Thanks for reading all that and here is peter. Life kicked him in the nuts really hard. He doesn't appear to be letting that stop him.

Here's the 2 minutes of your time I am asking for:

Last edited:
Inspiring Bryan. Your post made my day!

Good on ya for doing that Bryan.

Good on ya for doing this, and an additional standing ovation for an unsung hero of this story, Even for letting you do this.

That young guy has had so much taken from him. He still has his family and the brotherhood of aviation, and friends who want to give him back a special part of his former self.

Thanks for the reminder!

Why NO STALLS?

Just kidding man that is great. You are both heros of aviation.

That got me all emotional, 6 piece. Very beautiful gesture and you've started something amazing for Peter. You're on Karma's good side for a long while.

Nice

Edit: Just watched the video, talk about the look of excitement. I'm thinking that guy never thought he would fly again, great job Bryan.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and paying it forward, my brother.

Bravo Zulu 6PC

tEP1.gif

Wow. Awesome.

At a loss for words. All of the above. All in GA share pride in your action. Thankyou

Well done! But you knew that. Way to share...

Well, you kinda cheated by opening the canopy too, but will let that slide. Good job.

Your are a great man. I'm very happy that the 4 of you were able to enjoy that experience. The universe colluded greatly

Good job!!! I so hope if anything like that happens to me that there's someone around like you to make my day a little better!

Links broken... No supported vid msg.

I don't even have the words. What a beautiful family. God bless you for your kindness and generosity, and God bless them in their battles.

Just. F'ing. Awesome.

Back