Searching for Flight instructor

milesdr1m

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
milesdr1m
Good Morning. I have a Private Pilot certificate but it has been many years since I have flown. With a recent visit to Oshcosh 2017 I am feeling the urge to get some flying time in again. Looking for a flight instructor near Cameron Missouri 64465. There is a nice airport there but when I went to visit, no one was around. The airport managers name is there but he doesn't return my calls. I really don't want to go to the Wheeler Downtown KC airport being close to an hour drive and it is too busy for me. Surely there is someone closer. Any help?

Good Morning. I have a Private Pilot certificate but it has been many years since I have flown. With a recent visit to Oshcosh 2017 I am feeling the urge to get some flying time in again. Looking for a flight instructor near Cameron Missouri 64465. There is a nice airport there but when I went to visit, no one was around. The airport managers name is there but he doesn't return my calls. I really don't want to go to the Wheeler Downtown KC airport being close to an hour drive and it is too busy for me. Surely there is someone closer. Any help?
Google "airports near Cameron Missouri 64465"

When you find those that are nearby, airnav.com and see if they have a flight school listed.

Google "airports near Cameron Missouri 64465"

When you find those that are nearby, airnav.com and see if they have a flight school listed.
Yes I have tried that. The only Number you see is the Airport manager and I have tried his number. I was hoping someone would know somebody.

If you only see an "airport manager" chances are there is no organized flight school at that airport. You'll have to look further out.

BTW, do you know about BasicMed?

Glad to see you rejoining our ranks, Milesdr1m! I am in northeast Arkansas, so can't really help with a CFI search, but good luck!

Thanks I did find Rebel Aviation at Roosterville. He flies a Cessna 172.

UOTE="somorris, post: 2374208, member: 2418"]Glad to see you rejoining our ranks, Milesdr1m! I am in northeast Arkansas, so can't really help with a CFI search, but good luck![/QUOTE]
T

Try going out there on a weekend when there's likely to be more people there and ask around. You may find a CFI with a plane.

Try going out there on a weekend when there's likely to be more people there and ask around. You may find a CFI with a plane.
I will try that, my weekends are pretty full though.

Look at St. Joe, Excelsior Springs and Midwest National (Mosby). They're at least closer to Cameron.

I will do that. I would like to find someone with maybe a 150 or 152 to train with?

Yes 6'2 230lbs

Then a 150 or 152 is probably not the plane for you. Let alone the size factor (you will be cramped), unless your instructor is rather small you won't be able to carry enough fuel for most flights.

The 150 and 152 were designed in a time when we were all lighter.

Maybe I should look for a King Aire. Would I fit in that?

Back