Santa & ADS-B

Hi.
FAA, and many others, only wish it's going to be that easy, there a thousands of acft out there that the Manufacturer, like CSA for TruTrack + Becker configuration, will not issue authorization to install ADSB out. I wonder if FAA knows about them and if they do what are doing about it? I am sure Santa is illegal, I did not see and Experimental sign on his sled.

Hi.
FAA, and many others, only wish it's going to be that easy, there a thousands of acft out there that the Manufacturer, like CSA for TruTrack + Becker configuration, will not issue authorization to install ADSB out. I wonder if FAA knows about them and if they do what are doing about it? I am sure Santa is illegal, I did not see and Experimental sign on his sled.

What are you trying to say? The aircraft manufacture has no say in what adsb can be installed in an airframe. As long as the unit meets the faa requirements and the installation meets fars it can be installed. I don't understand the part about trutrack, they make autopilots, what has that got to do with adsb?

Hi Safeguy.
I wish life was that simple. If the manufacturer does not approve the alteration, if it needs one, like an antenna... or there is an STC, you cannot touch that plane.
Some manufacturers like CSA will only approve one modification, and it requires a Garmin Xpndr to be installed, if you don't have that like some acft have the Becker, you are up the creek without a paddle. They do business by their old Communist rules.

>>What are you trying to say? The aircraft manufacture has no say in what adsb can be installed in an airframe. As long as the unit meets the faa requirements and the installation meets fars it can be installed. I don't understand the part about trutrack, they make autopilots, what has that got to do with adsb?<<

What’s the cost of an overhaul of a reindeer?

I didn't realize you were talking lsa, there is a simple solution to that. Put it in e-lsa problem solved.

Back