Russian Airbus down

Isn't their a list of airlines you do not want to get on.

As far suspicions go, this one was probably us...:dunno::eek::nono::hairraise::sad:

Isn't their a list of airlines you do not want to get on.

Absolutely! The Russian airlines are notoriously dangerous. This particular crash because of the altitude is somewhat suspicious, but anything is possible. I wonder if we'll get the truth on this one, or a Russian media lie?

ISIS could claim it and yet based on the Russian airline industry records people may not believe it. Although from what was reported, this particular airline has a decent service record, however this particular aircraft suffered a significant tail strike earlier in it's life.

I remember an episode of Air Disasters where a JAPAL 747 had an improper repair from similar damage resulting in a subsequent failure, resulting in explosive decompression that ripped a portion of the tail off, which led to an eventual loss of control of the aircraft.

They also reported the captain stated they were having technical problems before the crash, so the ISIS/US/tinfoil hat theories may be busted already.

ISIS could claim it and yet based on the Russian airline industry records people may not believe it. Although from what was reported, this particular airline has a decent service record, however this particular aircraft suffered a significant tail strike earlier in it's life.

I remember an episode of Air Disasters where a JAPAL 747 had an improper repair from similar damage resulting in a subsequent failure, resulting in explosive decompression that ripped a portion of the tail off, which led to an eventual loss of control of the aircraft.

They also reported the captain stated they were having technical problems before the crash, so the ISIS/US/tinfoil hat theories may be busted already.

I saw the episode too. That seems more likely than ISIS shooting it down. I find it hard to believe they have the capability to reach an airliner at FL310.

Time will tell. RIP to all lost.

Or we are clever enough to cause progressive failure at altitude, or the planned catastrophic failure was almost insufficient. As for it being us, we do have a ****y war with the russkies at the moment. But hey if it wasn't us then it was the French(engineers):lol:

Absolutely! The Russian airlines are notoriously dangerous. This particular crash because of the altitude is somewhat suspicious, but anything is possible. I wonder if we'll get the truth on this one, or a Russian media lie?

The Egyptians are handling the investigation.

I was kinda thinking maintenance failure as well. As barren as the region is, to hit a plane at altitude, people would have seen evidence of a missile.

I was kinda thinking maintenance failure as well. As barren as the region is, to hit a plane at altitude, people would have seen evidence of a missile.

Vibration in the airframe.... Probably shed it's tail feathers....

That is my guess..:rolleyes:

Isis is claiming the downing of the aircraft,but not stating what the did to accomplish lt. Further investigation will probably come up with an answer.

Isis is claiming the downing of the aircraft,but not stating what the did to accomplish lt. Further investigation will probably come up with an answer.

Copy the Lockerbie trigger? Seems simple enough. Baggage security in Egypt any good? We should send them our TSA(all of them) to help out.

Of course they are, why would they not? It has recruiting value if nothing else.

Although from what was reported, this particular airline has a decent service record,

Not really: The airline had a number of fatals during takeoff run in Surgut New Year's Day 2011 when an engine burst into flames. The Russian press is treating the problem as a result of poor maintenance and prosecutors have already raided the corporate HQ.

Not really: The airline had a number of fatals during takeoff run in Surgut New Year's Day 2011 when an engine burst into flames. The Russian press is treating the problem as a result of poor maintenance and prosecutors have already raided the corporate HQ.

Yeah, they'd do anything to cover up the power of IS...:lol: I'm waiting for FOX to take that slant.:mad2:

It's interesting at this stage that they already suspect "poor maintenance"....? How could anyone really know enough to justify a document raid?

It's interesting at this stage that they already suspect "poor maintenance"....? How could anyone really know enough to justify a document raid?

The KGB needs no stinking justification!:rofl: I would imagine they know more about the airline than you know about them.

Looking at the tracking data, I wonder what happened at FL310 to get them into such a steep climb and loss of airspeed. Waiting on the CVR and FDR data to give us a clue, this one is interesting.

Looking at the tracking data, I wonder what happened at FL310 to get them into such a steep climb and loss of airspeed. Waiting on the CVR and FDR data to give us a clue, this one is interesting.

Runaway elevator trim? :dunno: Although you could ask the same on AF447 and we know the answer there...

Henning;1930369[B said:
]Runaway elevator trim?[/B] :dunno: Although you could ask the same on AF447 and we know the answer there...

Or a missing Horizontal Stabilizer...:yikes:

I have seen dozens of pics of the wreckage on TV...

So far... Not a sign of the Horizontal Stabilizer..:dunno:...:idea:

Last edited:
I wonder what the chances are the CVR and FDR data will ever be made public?

I wonder what the chances are the CVR and FDR data will ever be made public?

With Scarebus...... Slim to none, and Slim left town years ago...:rolleyes:..

But.... You can bet they get leaked by someone...:yes:

All Putin needed was an excuse,the war in Syria just changed. Putin is now using the threat of nuclear weapons.

All Putin needed was an excuse,the war in Syria just changed. Putin is now using the threat of nuclear weapons.

Where have you seen this? Everything I have heard from Russians dismisses the IS claim.

Where have you seen this? Everything I have heard from Russians dismisses the IS claim.

I've seen some reports where ISIS claims to have taken down that jet. Whether the claimed of either party are valid remains to be seen.

I've seen some reports where ISIS claims to have taken down that jet. Whether the claimed of either party are valid remains to be seen.

Yeah, I've seen the ISIS claims, and everywhere I see a official response from Russians, I see dismissal of the claim. There was a fake, fuzzy, bomb video that even ISIS Sinai claimed was fake.

Yeah, I've seen the ISIS claims, and everywhere I see a official response from Russians, I see dismissal of the claim. There was a fake, fuzzy, bomb video that even ISIS Sinai claimed was fake.

It probably wasn't ISIS, but the Russians have reason to dismiss the claim. The investigation should reveal what happened.

Airbus Industries released the info ?

I didn't know that...:redface:

Airbus doesn't control the info was my point. You said the info wouldn't come forth because Airbus. Egypt has no reason to protect Airbus either, France did.

I was thinking more along the lines that Russia might suppress the info if it shows anything embarrassing.

At that altitude a missile isn't very likely. A small portable missile couldn't do it. It would take a big one, like the Buk that downed the Malaysia Airlines flight in Ukraine.

The plane was climbing, so one might ask whether it was a bomb set off by altitude.

Last edited:
I was thinking more along the lines that Russia might suppress the info if it shows anything embarrassing.

It's not a state airline I don't think, so there is no real impetus. Putin is a communist and holds management liable to the people publicaly.

Russians stated plane broke apart in midair. I'm going with bomb or structural failure caused or as a result of the previous tail strike.

If it was ISIS, I guess the bomb/device was on board.

What kind of hardware would it take to attack a jet at 31000? And could ISIS operate it.

Back