RRRRRRRough River 2023! (2I3 4/21/2023 - 4/23/2023)

4/21 - 4/23

• that is a good weekend for me, I'm in!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • that is not a good weekend for me or I just hate having fun, I'm out!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
I'll bring some wine coolers for you, eman. :D

@kaiser what are you flying down? Will there be twin rides?

@kaiser what are you flying down? Will there be twin rides?
If there are rides, it might not be with twins.

Still working on getting better alternative twins. The one I have access to is 3hr daily minimum (times $385/hr).

Right now I have a P28R booked but thinking about swapping it for a J3 cub, assuming someone can help me carry beer down.

If there are rides, it might not be with twins.

Still working on getting better alternative twins. The one I have access to is 3hr daily minimum (times $385/hr).

Right now I have a P28R booked but thinking about swapping it for a J3 cub, assuming someone can help me carry beer down.

I vote for the Cub!

Is there a general description of what goes on at this meetup? I did look through the 3 threads, could have missed. Logistics? Tenting logistics, does anyone here do it? Tent near plane? Soggy grass? EAA same time? Tie down issues with lots of planes? The dam seems to be having issues. Is that a nothingbuger? Sounds like fun and although I’m out of AZ, it sits between places in FL and WI that we frequent.

Here’s a summary...

fe25e268ee24efce61868caec179a6cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a general description of what goes on at this meetup? I did look through the 3 threads, could have missed. Logistics? Tenting logistics, does anyone here do it? Tent near plane? Soggy grass? EAA same time? Tie down issues with lots of planes? The dam seems to be having issues. Is that a nothingbuger? Sounds like fun and although I’m out of AZ, it sits between places in FL and WI that we frequent.
There are camping options north of the ramp. I researched this my first year before I was graciously invited to stay with @kayoh190. The field seemed like it had good drainage. There are a lot of us and each cabin has 2 bedrooms, you may be able to find someone who wants to split. EAA event is in the fall I believe. Ramp holds 8-10, however, south of the paved ramp there is an improved grass area where overflow tie down is possible. I’d guess another 10+ planes could go here. We’ve never had that sort of turnout. Interestingly enough, there’s also a grass runway that parallels the paved runway on the east side believe it or not.

As far as general description…
Here’s a summary...

fe25e268ee24efce61868caec179a6cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should warn that this photo is not very accurate. I have yet to see a computer monitor at one of these…

Yep, ok, think I’ve got the picture.
Don't get the impression it's just a sloppy drunk fest. There's definitely drinking, but it's mostly just hanging out with other pilots. People who don't drink at all have come and had a great time. If you want to stay up late and be involved in shenanigans, you can do that too.

People who don't drink at all have come and had a great time.
Great enough to attend again? If it weren't 950 miles away, I'd probably try to talk my wife into giving it a shot this year.

The first year we got kicked out of a hotel room for being too loud so then we moved to a lobby and things got crazy even though there were some folks that didn't want us to be there doing what we were doing but we played it cool and everything was all right.

The second year, I got really drunk and then I ran from cops that weren't cops into a forest that wasn't a forest and fell into some mud because something was happening but we played it cool and everything turned out all right.

The third year eman set somebody's chair on fire and another guy slips for some reason and landed in the fire but we we got him out quickly and played it cool and everything was all right.

What I'm saying is just come out here and be cool everything's going to be all right

Fffffff.... well there's a beer not going to RR.

IMG_4529.jpeg

Is this the kidney stone thread?

Nauga,
who screams like a girl

I'm waiting for the avionics shop to call and if they don't get me in this weekend I won't be making it. Even if they do get me in this weekend it still might be pushing it but will see. I was supposed to be in the weekend we came back from the Bahamas so......

I agree Colorado snow has been awesome. Just finished a 3 day stint across Vail and Keystone.

Bum a ride
I've been trying to convince him to come down, but he thinks we're all a bunch of drunk idiots.

Well he's pretty much got that right I guess, but I still think he'd have fun. @NealRomeoGolf How else will you ever see eman's mooney? Or eman? Or Celine Dion?

I've been trying to convince him to come down, but he thinks we're all a bunch of drunk idiots.

Well he's pretty much got that right I guess, but I still think he'd have fun. @NealRomeoGolf How else will you ever see eman's mooney? Or eman? Or Celine Dion?

Whole lotta fun people show up. Also eman, but mostly come for everyone else. Good peeps fo sho.

Back